buffering on 1080 mkv
hi

my 1080p movies on my hard drive wifi give constant jerks on my ipad air 2. I've tried all settings but not settled. ¿It´s a problem ipad wifi?

thks
it´s normalHuh nobody else happensHuh? my 720p movies don´t give me problems
Nobody will help without you supplying a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-12-30, 12:34)nickr Wrote: Nobody will help without you supplying a debug log (wiki)

i´ve installed kodi log uploader and activating debug logging all movies are slow

this is a debug log watching a 1080p movie

http://goo.gl/o4g2ML
Not sure what the issue might be, but I would remove the cache settings from your advancedsettings.xml file. <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> will reduce the life of your iPad's internal memory.
(2015-12-31, 04:37)Ned Scott Wrote: Not sure what the issue might be, but I would remove the cache settings from your advancedsettings.xml file. <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> will reduce the life of your iPad's internal memory.

remove the line or leave it set to 0?? , I already have the value 0

regards
Remove the line. Setting it to 0 means it will use the internal flash memory instead of RAM. You can increase the size for RAM, but you shouldn't use flash memory. It will shorten the life of the iPad.
(2015-12-31, 13:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Remove the line. Setting it to 0 means it will use the internal flash memory instead of RAM. You can increase the size for RAM, but you shouldn't use flash memory. It will shorten the life of the iPad.

I remove the line, but doesn´t work, I have even more buffering. can someone tell me a good configuration for advancedsettingsHuh

thks
I use this configuration now, has improved somewhat but remains the buffering

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>0</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
(2015-12-31, 13:36)zizux Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 13:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Remove the line. Setting it to 0 means it will use the internal flash memory instead of RAM. You can increase the size for RAM, but you shouldn't use flash memory. It will shorten the life of the iPad.

can someone tell me a good configuration for advancedsettingsHuh

thks

AnybodyHuh??

thks
For an iPad Air 2, try this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>10000</readbufferfactor> <!-- Doesn't matter as long as the number is "really high". It will simply try to load files as fast as possible. -->
  </network>
</advancedsettings>
(2016-01-06, 03:54)Ned Scott Wrote: For an iPad Air 2, try this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>10000</readbufferfactor> <!-- Doesn't matter as long as the number is "really high". It will simply try to load files as fast as possible. -->
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

thanks, but doesn´t work. loading movies remain for a while, and before starting get stuck. Get a full cache message
Then there's nothing else you can do on the Kodi side of things. The wifi connection must not be able to support a fast enough connection to actually play the video without stopping to buffer again.
(2016-01-07, 01:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Then there's nothing else you can do on the Kodi side of things. The wifi connection must not be able to support a fast enough connection to actually play the video without stopping to buffer again.

I tried with Infuse Pro and no problems in any movie, the problem is kodi settings. In Android you can change the default player, in ios tooHuh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering on 1080 mkv0