Kodi - Hide watched
Hi all,

I recently bought a Nvidia Shield device and installed Kodi. On my TV series folder I made sure 'Hide watched' is ticked and it worked well until today when I went back to the folder and it was showing episodes I add already seen with a tick.

Just doing a quick test when I restarted Kodi the watched episodes appear with a tick and the 'Hide watched' flag in the left sidebar is now unticked.

Obviously I don't want to have to repeat this every time so any idea why the 'Hide watched' needs to be set each time? If it matters the series is on my NAS shared over smb and I use the CCM Helix skin so I can lower the home screen menu bar.

Thanks
The "hide watched" option is seen as an on-the-fly filter, so it gets reset whenever Kodi reopens. It's a setting that never gets "saved". I'm not sure if there's an easy solution to overriding this. However, there is an option in Kodi that allows you to always jump to the first unwatched episode. It should be somewhere in Settings -> Videos.
Thanks Ned that explains it. Shame this setting isn't coded to persist but it's something I can cope with. I also took your advice on the other setting which I found as described.

Thanks
You can also exclude watched TV shows by editing the video nodes (wiki), but that would just be on the show level and not the episode level.
Apologies for reopening this but I now realise that sometimes the TV series episodes I have marked as watched lose their marks it seems.

As previously discussed I'm happy to tick 'hide watched' every restart but actually losing the ticks on the episodes is annoying.

Anyone know when this happens as I couldn't figure out when they were lost so then I can avoid doing it? They seem to remain if I restart kodi to be fair. Maybe it's when I update the library or something...

Thanks
(2016-01-01, 21:38)david.kennedy Wrote: As previously discussed I'm happy to tick 'hide watched' every restart but actually losing the ticks on the episodes is annoying.

Are you by any chance using a shared MySQL library ? I've experienced the symptom you're describing and it has been resolved by fixing some grants on the MySQL side.
Don't think so Sandman. Just using the Synology DS 215j database to store my files. Don't think it's MySQL but I could be wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - Hide watched0