The Movie Database 5.2.6 not recognize movies if the title metadata is changed.
Hi,

For example the movie "600 miles (2015).mkv"

The scraper recognizes it perfectly and obtains data from the movie, inserts it into the Kodi database and makes it available.

"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "P:\Wanted (2008).mkv" --edit info --set title="Wanted (2008)"

I change the title metadata of the MKV file, to put the name without having an extension (it also provides an extension).
The scraper stops recognizing the file, it doesn't know what to look for. It shows no error and stops searching.

Thanks for the help you can give me.

I use a Spanish to English translator, so please forgive me if the wording is bad.
If you didn't change the name of the file, then Kodi doesn't check it again.  Not that it would matter if it did.  The scraper does not look at the metadata in the file at all.  It only looks at the file name to get a movie name to use in the search.
That's why I expose it here, it's strange. A new movie, I set the metadata title with the mkvpropedit program and the scraper does not identify it. The same file without setting the title works correctly. I have tested it by copying the movie to the destination folder and setting the title in it. Seeing that it doesn't work, I copy the original file again and then it works.

The name is exactly the same, checked.
@chenchu007

The Movie Database 5.2.6 scraper is no longer supported. You should change to The Movie Database Python scraper.

We would need a Debug Log to check the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It is already tested with the The Movie Database Python version and the same thing continues to happen.

I have generated logs from the same file, using mkppropedit to change the title metadata and not using it. The size differs greatly, when it works it is larger.

Log mkvpropedit used  https://pastebin.com/GcNHS66K

Log mkvpropedit not used  https://pastebin.com/wTETi74c

Thanks
@chenchu007

This is the movie you are trying to scrape...
smb://NAS/Almacen/Peliculas/Normales/La serie Divergente/Divergente - Leal (2016)/Divergente - Leal (2016).mkv

I can see it scrapes correctly in "Log mkvpropedit not used"

In "Log mkvpropedit used" the scraper creates an empty search string. I don't know why that would happen.

Can you check item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 and ensure the setting is disabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

Before posting on this forum I asked the author of MKVToolNix. He told me that MKVpropedit worked correctly according to the MKV standard. And that the label was correctly set to its position and that if it was not possible, a reference to the new position was placed.

I have checked my Kodi settings and I did have the option to use video file tags enabled. I have deactivated it and now if it searches by the name of the file. That makes me think that the behavior you have when you use the video tags, has to be some bug that produces an error, since it doesn't even propose a name. Perhaps it does not follow some section of the MKV standard correctly.

The problem comes from some uploaders who use the tag to mark their files and the necessary deletion forces them to have to recode all the video.

It would be appreciated if you shed some light on how tagging works.
(2023-05-16, 23:01)chenchu007 Wrote: That makes me think that the behavior you have when you use the video tags, has to be some bug that produces an error, since it doesn't even propose a name.
We will need a sample file to check.
Can you create a small file that causes problems, and upload it to a file hosting site so we can test with it.
My Signature
I have uploaded two files of 143 Kb, one without modifying the title tag and another with it modified.

In the one that is modified, I have put "600 miles (2015)", so that in the event that the scraper works, it can receive data from the Database.

https://fromsmash.com/F5d86a5bKz-ct
@Karellen

I forgot, they are active until June 30, 2023
(2023-05-17, 15:29)chenchu007 Wrote: 600 miles (2015)
This is what you have embedded in the title tag in the mkv file
Unfortunately adding the year in the tag causes problems.
Remove the year and try again.

My Signature
@Karellen

I can change the label to the file and not put the year, do I upload it without the year?
(2023-05-17, 22:21)chenchu007 Wrote: I can change the label to the file and not put the year, do I upload it without the year?
You don't need to upload it. If you remove the year you should have no more problems.
In my opinion, if you disable that setting "Use Video Tags" and avoid using the embedded tags, you shouldn't have any more problems.
My Signature
@Karellen

I have tried to remove the year and it does work, the truth is that there are few films that have the same title.

I'll try not using video tags and if I assign the title tag, I'll remove the year.

Thank you very much for the help. This had been happening to me for a long time and I didn't understand what was happening.
(2023-05-17, 22:31)chenchu007 Wrote: I'll try not using video tags and if I assign the title tag, I'll remove the year.
That is probably best.
Video Tags has been problematic for many users because many users enable the setting without knowing what it does. It's the number one reported scraping problem on this forum.
Many movies have a lot of garbage in the title tag as you can see in this image... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...video_tags
And it is a bit confusing between the two methods. The file and folder name needs the (year), but the embedded tag does not work if it contains the (year)

(2023-05-17, 22:31)chenchu007 Wrote: Thank you very much for the help. This had been happening to me for a long time and I didn't understand what was happening.
You are welcome.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Movie Database 5.2.6 not recognize movies if the title metadata is changed.0