Video Library Improvements
Is it possible to somehow use custom categories?

The reason I'm still using file view, is that I cannot sort movies/series the way I want.

It would be nice if I could add one or more categories to a library item and sort by that category.
possible, sure. if somebody do the code. (it won't be me as i have no use for it)
DrDDT Wrote:Is it possible to somehow use custom categories?

The reason I'm still using file view, is that I cannot sort movies/series the way I want.

It would be nice if I could add one or more categories to a library item and sort by that category.
Not entirely sure what custom categories you speak of but what I did was create a .nfo (maybe use the awesom .nfo creator) and all of my holiday movies I added to the genre either Christmas, Halloween etc etc. When they are imported xbmc adds a new genre with all of the movies i have included. Another way is to edit the db with a db editor. It is faster this way. Add all your custom genres in the appropriate boxes. Then save your changes. Export and then reimport (this a very important step) then all of your custom genres should be in the library. Hope this helps. Cheers.
The current library nodes are essentially a SQL query to one of the databases, with added logic, is it not?

For me, it would be a great addition to the library to be able to add a node, just like the 'add source' button in file mode.

The 'add node' button could then provide a menu where the user can enter a sql query, something like 'select * from videodb where genre='western' and year > 1950', or provide a easy select menu for people without sql knowledge.

The results can then be saved in a sources.xml like file, and automaticcally loaded the next start of XBMC.
This is already supported. They are called smartplaylists.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Playlists#Smart_Playlists
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:This is already supported. They are called smartplaylists.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Playlists#Smart_Playlists

Thanks, didn't know about the smartplaylist feature.
Not sure though that it does what I would like it to do, but I'll check it out.
they are basically ad-hoc queries. it's rather powerful. i just cross-reference the types with allowed fields. (the fields are self explanatory). i would be grateful if someone would put add this to the wiki for reference.

1) type="songs"

genre
album
artist
albumartist
title
year
time
tracknumber
filename
playcount
lastplayed
rating
comment
playlist

2) type="albums"

genre
album
artist
albumartist
year
review
themes
moods
styles
type
label
rating
playlist

3) type="tvshows"

tvshow
plot
status
votes
rating
year
genre
director
actor
numepisodes
numwatched
playcount
playlist

4) type="episodes"

episodetitle
plot
votes
rating
time
writers
airdate
playcount
genre
year
director
actor
episode
season
playlist

5) type="movies"

title
plot
plotoutline
tagline
votes
rating
time
writers
playcount
genre
year
director
actor
mpaarating
top250
studio
playlist

6) type="musicvideos"

title
genre
album
year
artist
filename
playcount
time
director
studio
plot
playlist

(the "playlist" field is special. it's used to combine smart playlists together for advanced queries.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
DrDDT Wrote:Thanks, didn't know about the smartplaylist feature.
Not sure though that it does what I would like it to do, but I'll check it out.

Cool! This is what I was looking for! Almost....
Why can't I use the mediainfo and mediainfo 2 views on for example a movie playlist?

'Playlist' might have been the original, logical name, but this is much more than that.

Would it be possible to add 'source' as a search term?
My content is sort of pre-sorted using folder names, so for me it would be usefull to be able to search on that.
yeah, that's a bit of an annoyance. when you open a playlist, xbmc loads it into the now playing window which is skinned differently, and the views are part of the skin. personally, i think smartplaylists should be treated as directories so that you remain in the library. in additional to the playlists node, a smart playlists node could be added which only shows the xsp files and handles them like folders.
kraqh3d Wrote:yeah, that's a bit of an annoyance. when you open a playlist, xbmc loads it into the now playing window which is skinned differently, and the views are part of the skin. personally, i think smartplaylists should be treated as directories so that you remain in the library. in additional to the playlists node, a smart playlists node could be added which only shows the xsp files and handles them like folders.

For me, that would be a feature that makes it possible for me to actually use the library. I would set this new node as the default and never look back. Cool
the only reason it would be loading it into now playing and switching to that window is if you treat playlists as files, a "feature" i've wanted to take out for a while....

if you aren't able to use them views, it might be the fact that they are based on container.content and i guess that might not be set correctly for the xsp or something
Yeah, I can't remember if I made 'em set content or not, though it sounds like something I would have remembered to do, but who knows.

And obviously I always have "Treat playlists as folders" turned on, given that it's the only sane way to do things :p

Cheers,
Jonathan

I checked last night. The "FileDirectory" factory treats xsp's as folders so they shouldn't be loaded into the Now Playing window and there are view states for Smart Playlist folders based on the content type.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library Improvements0