• 5(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
(2016-01-04, 11:59)keith Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 11:38)timeless Wrote: I have the same issue as simonk83 with the tv show scanning.
Kodi always crashes on another show, not the same.
Can you or simonk83 try without mysql? Also syslog is less useful than actual kodi logs, plus it's much cleaner if you just post links to the logs we can look through, so can one of you guys try to replicate without mysql and post logs if it crashes still? Thanks!

Yep I'll have a go next chance I get. Is it enough just to remove advancedsettings and reboot?

EDIT: Deleted advancedsettings and rebooted. Started a scan and it crashed really quickly Sad
(2016-01-04, 12:14)simonk83 Wrote: Yep I'll have a go next chance I get. Is it enough just to remove advancedsettings and reboot?
Yup, I would probably just rename advancedsettings.xml then exit, then rescan all your media again. It will revert to using the MyVideosXX.db sqllite files.
(2016-01-03, 09:22)simonk83 Wrote: Every build so far has crashed when scanning my TV shows.

Here's the logs (second one is xmbc.old):

http://xbmclogs.com/pd9ryfjpn
http://xbmclogs.com/pa2f2pdpf

I'm not 100% sure but it seems to crash more often when processing a show with a lot of content (Family Guy for example).

I've found that this happens for me after running the initial scan and then quitting the app using the exit command

Also after reopening it usually crashes when I scroll through my movies list and it gets to certain movies (random but the same each time the app opens)

It almost seems like certain files are being deleted by tvOS...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-01-04, 12:25)keith Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 12:14)simonk83 Wrote: Yep I'll have a go next chance I get. Is it enough just to remove advancedsettings and reboot?
Yup, I would probably just rename advancedsettings.xml then exit, then rescan all your media again. It will revert to using the MyVideosXX.db sqllite files.

No joy I'm afraid, it crashed almost straight away Sad Just trying movies now, but that seemed fine before.

EDIT: Yep, Movies scanned fine.
Ok, I added it to the 'needs confirmation by a dev' section of the first post.

I'm sure MrMC doesn't have this same bug, so it's something Memphiz will have to look at when he gets a chance. Thanks for reporting!

With that said, I will be 'less active' this next week. I'm going to CES, the worlds largest Consumer Electronics show tomorrow. I'll try to keep up but let's try to stay on topic, report posts and mods if you can help delete any off topic/not allowed posts, thanks!
Sounds good, thanks (and MrMC is all good so far).

I'll be watching CES, but from a distance unfortunately Wink Enjoy!
common cache error should be fixed with latest addon update ... (which should be visible in our repo in a day or so)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've deleted freddy12's posts because he was clearly using an piracy iptv service. In addition, he had tons of addons loaded which may or may not been applicable.

So please, disable all the non essential addons you can when troubleshooting a core issue. And we will not help you with any pirate services, even if it's a legitimate problem.

We will delete piracy related posts from this thread without warning. Consider this your warning.
Great work guys. Brilliant that the black level issues have been sorted in the latest release, and DVD support (however buggy) is very welcome (an understandable limitation of MrMC)

Very pleased that the SVT Play app works with live channels (for some reason - probably to do with streaming formats? - the Apple TV SVT Play app doesn't support live channels)

Observations - if they are of any help :

720/50p off-air HDTV (H264 + AC3 5.1) plays fine over a cabled network connection, and DD audio is bitstreamed. No obvious drops or skips. Very watchable.
1080/50i off-air HDTV (H264 + AC3 5.1) similarly (albeit with a Bob deinterlace)
Both of the above streams were <20Mbs usually <15Mbs.

1080/50i high bitrate Blu-ray (H264 + DTS core from a DTS-HD MA stream) hitting around 30Mbs doesn't play well. Stuttering and skipping all over the place. Multiple drops every second and sound drop outs.
One thing with the kodi 1/3 build I just noticed on Apple TV is when clicking exit button if you don't immediately press the trackpad button to exit and click menu to go back it will stick to the screen where it says exit, only way to get out of that is to force close app
(2016-01-05, 16:24)noggin Wrote: Great work guys. Brilliant that the black level issues have been sorted in the latest release, and DVD support (however buggy) is very welcome (an understandable limitation of MrMC)

Very pleased that the SVT Play app works with live channels (for some reason - probably to do with streaming formats? - the Apple TV SVT Play app doesn't support live channels)

Observations - if they are of any help :

720/50p off-air HDTV (H264 + AC3 5.1) plays fine over a cabled network connection, and DD audio is bitstreamed. No obvious drops or skips. Very watchable.
1080/50i off-air HDTV (H264 + AC3 5.1) similarly (albeit with a Bob deinterlace)
Both of the above streams were <20Mbs usually <15Mbs.

1080/50i high bitrate Blu-ray (H264 + DTS core from a DTS-HD MA stream) hitting around 30Mbs doesn't play well. Stuttering and skipping all over the place. Multiple drops every second and sound drop outs.

Are you using a wireless or wired connection? I would try on wired.
Another thing I've noticed (and I don't know if this is related to another issue or not) is this:

The initial scan works and subsequent scans do as well... BUT, as soon as the app is closed a library scan crashes the app and scrolling through my movie list also will crash on certain movies (they are random on each test but the same each app launch during the test)

I've cleared the app data and tested this multiple times with the same result

I'll post a log later when I'm able to
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
confirmed - added to the known issues
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2016-01-04, 22:28)Memphiz Wrote: common cache error should be fixed with latest addon update ... (which should be visible in our repo in a day or so)

Has this update been pushed?

I am still getting the common cache error.
it is fixed in version 2.5.6 which is already pushed but doesn't show up in the repo yet...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7