• 49(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
I am having a big problem with my setup and the latest Kodi 17.6 (kodi-20171202-9d5284f-yab-tvos) on my non 4k Apple TV (SAME PROBLEM WITH MRMC).

The app is not retaining the Video Calibration configuration I set (both Kodi 17.6 and MrMC latest update).

Every time I quit and restart the app I have to reconfigure the video calibration settings for my TV (Panasonic TC-P50X1 Plasma). My specific plasma tv doesn't support adjusting video to match the Apple TV (all other apps on the Apple TV are not fully shown).

Is there a fix for this issue (without needing to buy a new Apple TV), or am I stuck with Kodi 17.5?
(2017-12-17, 15:37)somy Wrote:
(2017-12-17, 09:20)Hoosier205 Wrote: I am considering paying for a dev account. I can't access the sections of the website that are necessary to register my device via my free account. I had a dedicated HTPC w/ Kodi for a few years, but eventually abandoned it. I wanted to simplify my life and just have one content device connected to each TV with the Apple TV. While I love the backend capabilities of Plex, I miss the presentation aspects and power of Kodi.
Why do you think KODI is better than MrMC? Isn't MrMC the simplest solution if you only plan to use as a player for Plex/Emby?

MrMC is a severely cut down version of kodi that does not allow for any addon’s to be installed as this is not allowed via the App Store. MrMC is fine if you have a local library of content but if you have this, then perhaps Plex is a better option.
The full blown kodi allows all the functionality of the standard version of Kodi available on other platforms. There are some considerations with the Apple TV version defined by restrictions imposed by Apppe that does not allow settings to be saved to certain locations with in the file system, along with restrictions on certain file types. There are work around a for these limitations, I’ve been running kodi on my Atv4 since the very first beta and have never had any complaints.

I even use the skin Sio2 which mimics the ATV4 standard theme almost exactly.

Well, I got it sideloaded. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to install two add-ons. I tried sharing the folder the zip files are in via upnp, but it just seems to see the files as folders and won't let me select them for install.
(2017-12-17, 17:28)Hoosier205 Wrote:
(2017-12-17, 09:20)Hoosier205 Wrote: I am considering paying for a dev account. I can't access the sections of the website that are necessary to register my device via my free account. I had a dedicated HTPC w/ Kodi for a few years, but eventually abandoned it. I wanted to simplify my life and just have one content device connected to each TV with the Apple TV. While I love the backend capabilities of Plex, I miss the presentation aspects and power of Kodi.
Why do you think KODI is better than MrMC? Isn't MrMC the simplest solution if you only plan to use as a player for Plex/Emby? 

I have tried to use it. I’m even beta testing their newest version. Their available skins are atrocious however. Plus, it combines two of my Plex libraries together in a less than elegant way. I have a “Movies” library and a “Concerts” library. MrMc pulls them in as one and then when I select that category from the main menu I then have two ugly options for the two sections. I can’t seem to remove this step and go directly into my content.It also works very poorly in terms of fan art.

I know what I want and MrMc will never be able to do it:

That’s a screenshot from my own dormant Kodi install. 
 Ok, I see what you mean ;-) Haven't played skin for a while...
(2017-12-17, 20:24)Steverae Wrote:

MrMC is a severely cut down version of kodi that does not allow for any addon’s to be installed as this is not allowed via the App Store. MrMC is fine if you have a local library of content but if you have this, then perhaps Plex is a better option.
The full blown kodi allows all the functionality of the standard version of Kodi available on other platforms. There are some considerations with the Apple TV version defined by restrictions imposed by Apppe that does not allow settings to be saved to certain locations with in the file system, along with restrictions on certain file types. There are work around a for these limitations, I’ve been running kodi on my Atv4 since the very first beta and have never had any complaints.

I even use the skin Sio2 which mimics the ATV4 standard theme almost exactly.

Thanks I think I will try MrMC first and then decide. I don't want to buy a dev account and install KODI every 7 days is very annoying...
Okay...so far this is amazing. I have it up and running with the add-ons I wanted (Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO skin and PlexKodiConnect). It is working perfectly. In all honesty, the only thing missing now is the rate and format switching available on the Apple TV 4K!

I do have one question. Until I get a paid dev account, I know I will need to resign the app every 7 days. Am I able to do that without losing all the work I've put into tweaking my skin just the way I want it? I haven't even looked at how to do it yet.
(2017-12-18, 03:19)Hoosier205 Wrote: Okay...so far this is amazing. I have it up and running with the add-ons I wanted (Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO skin and PlexKodiConnect). It is working perfectly. In all honesty, the only thing missing now is the rate and format switching available on the Apple TV 4K!

I do have one question. Until I get a paid dev account, I know I will need to resign the app every 7 days. Am I able to do that without losing all the work I've put into tweaking my skin just the way I want it? I haven't even looked at how to do it yet.
 Yes, provided you use the same provisioning profile, it will just over right the old version, keeping the settings Smile

You do realise the Plex offer an official add-on that is now apparently free Smile Also the official plex app in the App Store is also free
(2017-12-18, 09:19)Steverae Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 03:19)Hoosier205 Wrote: Okay...so far this is amazing. I have it up and running with the add-ons I wanted (Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO skin and PlexKodiConnect). It is working perfectly. In all honesty, the only thing missing now is the rate and format switching available on the Apple TV 4K!

Yes, provided you use the same provisioning profile, it will just over right the old version, keeping the settings Smile

You do realise the Plex offer an official add-on that is now apparently free Smile Also the official plex app in the App Store is also free
Yes, I have tried it. I prefer the look I have with Kodi over the Plex experience with their add-on. My Movies currently look like this...

The only issues I have are that collections/sets don’t work properly because the poster is absent/clear and I can’t modify it. Also I can’t skip forward or backward without a long press to bring up the controls.
(2017-12-18, 16:45)Hoosier205 Wrote: The only issues I have are that collections/sets don’t work properly because the poster is absent/clear and I can’t modify it. Also I can’t skip forward or backward without a long press to bring up the controls.

Try tapping on the right or left of the ATV touch remote to skip forward or back. Once you get the hang of it it is very convenient. You may need to adjust some settings to make the steps smaller/more convenient.
(2017-12-18, 16:54)quayrd Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 16:45)Hoosier205 Wrote: The only issues I have are that collections/sets don’t work properly because the poster is absent/clear and I can’t modify it. Also I can’t skip forward or backward without a long press to bring up the controls.

Try tapping on the right or left of the ATV touch remote to skip forward or back. Once you get the hang of it it is very convenient. You may need to adjust some settings to make the steps smaller/more convenient.

Ahh...I see! I was clicking instead of tapping. Thank you.
(2017-11-18, 13:26)tocinillo Wrote: Hi!

I use Apple TV 4K. Just a couple of questions:

- With latest MrMC I can use Yadif deinterlace for my LiveTV setup (tvheadend server in my NAS) with HW acceleration enabled in System --> Settings. In Kodi I can't at least I disable the HW acceleration options. Any idea why?

- I read in MrMC forums that they all working in a beta version with automatic SDR --> HDR change (enabled in tvOS 11.2 beta) and autoframerate change. When they have it finished, will you incorporate it into Kodi?

Thanks for you amazing job!
I have the same with kodi on my atv4.

I can only select deinterlace with HW acceleration is disabled.
If hw acceleration is enabled deinterlace is greyed out.

i hope this can be fixed.

Thanks
Hey Memphiz
In MrMC there is a Boblight implementation. Are you going to merge it into Kodi for TVOS?
There's also a very helpful setting in the input settings of MrMC which doesn't stop playback when you press the menu button.
I'm not sure whether you merge everything from MrMC sooner or later or just selected features, that's why I'm asking.

Best regards and thank you very much!
Just install the boblight addon from our repo - it should work already. For the key you can alter the keymap to your liking - its somewhere in that thread.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Deleted
Here it's my keymap if you want:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- This file contains the mapping of keys (gamepad,remote and keyboard) to actions within XBMC -->

<!-- The <global> section is a fall through - they will only be used if the button is not -->

<!-- used in the current window's section. Note that there is only handling -->

<!-- for a single action per button at this stage. -->

<!-- For joystick/gamepad configuration under linux/win32, see below as it differs from xbox -->

<!-- gamepads. -->

<!-- The format is: -->

<!-- <device> -->

<!-- <button id=""#>xbmc action</button>

<!-- </device> -->

<!-- To map keys from other remotes using the RCA protocol, you may add <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> blocks -->

<!-- In this case, the tags used are <button id=""#> where # is the original button code (OBC) of the key -->

<!-- You set it up by adding a <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> block to the window or <global> section: -->

<!-- <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> -->

<!-- <button id="45">Stop</button>

<!-- </customcontroller> -->

<!-- Note that the action can be a built-in function. -->

<!-- eg <button id="6">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button>

<!-- would bring up Favourites when the button with the id of 6 is press. In this case, "Menu" -->

<!-- -->

<!-- Button Ids: -->

<!-- 'id' is the button ID used by SDL. The key ids recognized from your remote appears -->

<!-- in /var/log/syslog on the ATV2 for each button pressed and when debug mode is enabled -->

<!-- Use your log to discover and map custom buttons to actions. -->

<keymap>

<global>

<customcontroller name="SiriRemote">

<!-- up --> <button id="1">Up</button>

<!-- down --> <button id="2">Down</button>

<!-- left --> <button id="3">Left</button>

<!-- right --> <button id="4">Right</button>

<!-- center --> <button id="5">Select</button>

<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>

<!-- hold center--> <button id="7">ContextMenu</button>

<!-- swipe up --> <button id="8">Up</button>

<!-- swipe down --> <button id="9">Down</button>

<!-- swipe left --> <button id="10">Left</button>

<!-- swipe right --> <button id="11">Right</button>

<!-- play/pause --> <button id="12">PlayPause</button>

<!-- ir play --> <button id="13">Play</button>

<!-- ir pause --> <button id="14">Pause</button>

<!-- ir stop --> <button id="15">Stop</button>

<!-- ir next track --> <button id="16">SkipNext</button>

<!-- ir prev track --> <button id="17">SkipPrevious</button>

<!-- ir fast forward --> <button id="18">FastForward</button>

<!-- ir rewind --> <button id="19">Rewind</button>

</customcontroller>

</global>

<Home>

<button id="6">ActivateWindow(System)</button>

</customcontroller>

</Home>

<FullscreenVideo>

<button id="1">VolumeUp</button>

<button id="2">VolumeDown</button>

<button id="3">StepBack</button>

<button id="4">StepForward</button>

<button id="5">Pause</button>

<button id="6">Stop</button>

<button id="7">ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</button>

<button id="8">OSD</button>

<button id="9">PlayerProcessInfo</button>

<button id="10">BigStepBack</button>

<button id="11">BigStepForward</button>

</customcontroller>

</FullscreenVideo>

<FullscreenLiveTV>

<button id="3">ChannelDown</button>

<button id="4">ChannelUp</button>

<button id="8">OSD</button>

<button id="9">noop</button>

<button id="10">noop</button>

<button id="11">noop</button>

</customcontroller>

</FullscreenLiveTV>

<FullscreenRadio>

<button id="3">ChannelDown</button>

<button id="4">ChannelUp</button>

</customcontroller>

</FullscreenRadio>

<Visualisation>

<button id="1">VolumeUp</button>

<button id="2">VolumeDown</button>

<button id="3">SkipPrevious</button>

<button id="4">SkipNext</button>

<button id="5">Pause</button>

<button id="6">Fullscreen</button>

<button id="7">OSD</button>

</customcontroller>

</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>

<button id="1">ZoomIn</button>

<button id="2">ZoomOut</button>

<button id="3">PreviousPicture</button>

<button id="4">NextPicture</button>

<button id="7">Info</button>

</customcontroller>

</SlideShow>

<ScreenCalibration>

<button id="5">NextCalibration</button>

</customcontroller>

</ScreenCalibration>

<VideoOSD>

<button id="7">Back</button>

</customcontroller>

</VideoOSD>

<VideoMenu>

<button id="5">Select</button>

<button id="7">OSD</button>

</customcontroller>

</VideoMenu>

<MyVideoLibrary>

</customcontroller>

</MyVideoLibrary>

<MyVideoFiles>

</customcontroller>

</MyVideoFiles>

<PictureInfo>

<button id="3">Left</button>

<button id="4">Right</button>

</customcontroller>

</PictureInfo>

</keymap>

Name it "customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml" and copy with File M anager in home/userdata/keymaps after you deleted or renamed the original file.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7