• 55(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
Latest Kodi build works on tvOS 12 dev beta.
Passthrough issue is still not fixed.
(2018-06-05, 00:49)diamonddog Wrote: Latest Kodi build works on tvOS 12 dev beta.

Did you try Dolby Atmos? Apple announced to bring this to us with tvOS 12:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.cnet.com...mos-sound/

I don’t think that it’s already there...

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-06-05, 17:18)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2018-06-05, 00:49)diamonddog Wrote: Latest Kodi build works on tvOS 12 dev beta.

Regards Hoppel

I don’t think it is included in the first beta. Also, I don’t have a way to test.
(2018-06-05, 17:18)hoppel118 Wrote:

Regards Hoppel

Yeah it’s not in the first beta, looking like that one might not be ready closer to official release in September. I was hoping they would announce HLG support but Dolby Atmos was a nice surprise.
Can you playback UHD ISO's?
diamonddog, or anyone for that matter, is there a trick to get kodi to run on tvos 12 beta 1 or 2?? I can get it installed, the icon shows up on the home screen, but when you select it, it does nothing. No error or anything. The icon moves a little bit like you selected it but no dice for me. Running an ATV 4rth gen. I've tried clean install and OTA upgrade both.
Hi guys,

Am I correct that Kodi will still run only for 7 days on an Apple TV 4k with a free developer account and 1 year with a normal developer account?

I want to give it a try to install it, but would not prefer to have to do it again every 7 days. :-)
yes to both, unless you have a jailbroken ATV 4k, and don't reboot your ATV 4k, kodi will never expire ti'll forever.
(2018-08-28, 06:28)vince22 Wrote: yes to both, unless you have a jailbroken ATV 4k, and don't reboot your ATV 4k, kodi will never expire ti'll forever.
Ok, thanks! :-)
Now that 18.0 is out also for iOS, any plan to release a tvOS version? Thanks
Hi,

I also have a question regarding Kodi 18 and tvOS. In the news we can see that „Kodi 18 is here!“: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-180

In the chapter „Platform Specifics“ the following is written:

Quote:... general improvements on both TVOS and arm64 IOS ...

Is there anything we can hope for or what is meant by this statement? Smile

Thanks and regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2019-01-29, 22:44)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi,

I also have a question regarding Kodi 18 and tvOS. In the news we can see that „Kodi 18 is here!“: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-180

In the chapter „Platform Specifics“ the following is written:
Quote:... general improvements on both TVOS and arm64 IOS ...

Is there anything we can hope for or what is meant by this statement? Smile

Thanks and regards Hoppel 
I saw that tidbit as well and it brought a huge smile to my face. Fingers crossed that there is a new release upcoming......but to be honest right now I have zero issues with Kodi as it has been working perfect for me since February.
MrMC is also based on Kodi, maybe it’s related. Hope for a Kodi tvOS update but have to wait. I believe there is no developer working on it.
(2019-01-30, 15:21)wouter1971 Wrote: MrMC is also based on Kodi, maybe it’s related. Hope for a Kodi tvOS update but have to wait. I believe there is no developer working on it.

All the work on krypton was done by a dev named Memphiz who took the code base of MrMC and re-engineered it.

All indications are that Leia is a complete rewrite of the code base and as such would mean a complete rebuild.

Their are many posts from Memphiz himself on why this is going to be so complex. We don’t have native suppprt for TVoS as the platform is not deemed to have a high enough user base to warrant the work involved to complete this work.

With Apple limiting their free dev accounts to 1 week, this means either you have to pay £79 per year for a dev account to sign the code for kodi which in turn limits the user base.

These are my opinions based on the many posts on this subject, I would love nothing better than to have a new version of kodi for TVOS which could take advantage of the advanced features of this platform, however unless someone like Memphiz takes up the challenge and MrMC release a v18 version to use as a starting point, we are pretty much stuck with Krypton, which tbf works pretty well all things considered.
(2019-01-30, 17:13)Steverae Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 15:21)wouter1971 Wrote: MrMC is also based on Kodi, maybe it’s related. Hope for a Kodi tvOS update but have to wait. I believe there is no developer working on it.

All the work on krypton was done by a dev named Memphiz who took the code base of MrMC and re-engineered it.

All indications are that Leia is a complete rewrite of the code base and as such would mean a complete rebuild.

Their are many posts from Memphiz himself on why this is going to be so complex. We don’t have native suppprt for TVoS as the platform is not deemed to have a high enough user base to warrant the work involved to complete this work.

With Apple limiting their free dev accounts to 1 week, this means either you have to pay £79 per year for a dev account to sign the code for kodi which in turn limits the user base.

These are my opinions based on the many posts on this subject, I would love nothing better than to have a new version of kodi for TVOS which could take advantage of the advanced features of this platform, however unless someone like Memphiz takes up the challenge and MrMC release a v18 version to use as a starting point, we are pretty much stuck with Krypton, which tbf works pretty well all things considered.

That would indeed be great. I myself had to register for 15 euros to a shared developer account for a year. So a good deal. I agree 17.6 works great but some glitches are found like an extra freezing 2 seconds on pvr channel switching when resolution switching is turned on. Also some minor issues not detecting HDR on certain videos.

All is playing fine on MrMC by the way. So both keeping me happy.

Never had such a good mediaplayer experience (with non 4K raspberry pi’s) so the best Mediaplayer for now in this AppleTV. Stunning Hires screensavers also on this great device.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7