• 14(current)
hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)
I don't have a 4k display, therefore I can't tell anything to that configuration. Only that 4k decoding is not supported by A20.
But the configuration fb0_framebuffer_num = 2 is correct, you need 2 buffers for double buffering.

The memory allocation for CMA is important, but there is no change required to what we already discussed in this thread (min 128MB for CMA).
I was being stupid. It just iterates through the modes and uses the 1920x1080 below. I thought it tried the 3840x2160 from double framebuffer size, not thinking much (that it would be 4 times the 1920x1080...).
Anyway. I will fiddle around a little. Since I will be away for 10 days, it will be some time before I let you know if I progress
i try compile libvdpau-sunxi (mosterta version) and stuck on issue

Code:
cannot find -lcedar_access

From which repository should i take this library?
(2017-07-22, 21:33)pdrobek Wrote: i try compile libvdpau-sunxi (mosterta version) and stuck on issue

Code:

The library is included in the same repository. There was an dependency issue in the Makefile, please compile on a single core (i.e. don't use -j X). Then it should work.
(2017-07-23, 11:10)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 21:33)pdrobek Wrote: i try compile libvdpau-sunxi (mosterta version) and stuck on issue

Code:

The library is included in the same repository. There was an dependency issue in the Makefile, please compile on a single core (i.e. don't use -j X). Then it should work.

is jarvis from your repo stable? can i try to compile it?
(2017-07-24, 11:44)pdrobek Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 11:10)mosterta Wrote:

Code:

if you mean the jarvis branch from my xbmc repository. Yes this one is stable, and the latest one using OpenGLES for displaying videos.
The latest development is master_allwinner_layered_vdpau, but this one is using an interface closer to the hardware for displaying videos. Gives better performance on FullHD resolutions.
(2017-07-24, 19:28)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 11:44)pdrobek Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 11:10)mosterta Wrote: The library is included in the same repository. There was an dependency issue in the Makefile, please compile on a single core (i.e. don't use -j X). Then it should work.

if you mean the jarvis branch from my xbmc repository. Yes this one is stable, and the latest one using OpenGLES for displaying videos.
The latest development is master_allwinner_layered_vdpau, but this one is using an interface closer to the hardware for displaying videos. Gives better performance on FullHD resolutions.

Please, can you update first page with all necessary links and other stuff to clear up subject on whole 14 pages of posts? I have to admit i lost myself on 5 page. Now i revert all changes and have restored image where X works with GLES support and libvdpau (sunxi) works with mplayer and mpv. I guess many of ppl would like to get working image with kodi (Tom81's image works but not network so in my case it is useless) After i compile kodi which would work i can share with other whole image.
I decided to get back to this and give it another go.
- I noticed that there is code for CMake provided all over the latest repositories. Should this be used to compile (how?) or is it still ok to use autoconfigure and the config command lines on the first page of this thread (this is what I did)
- Is there a way to test the ffmpeg decoding in an isolated way, e.g. specifying a command with an mpeg file as an argument? This would be easier to debug. Trying to load kodi into the gdb. kodi is a shell script that is executing kodi.bin at some point. If I load kodi.bin into gdb, it simply is not working.
@mosterta

Do sunxi sources (https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi.git) include your patches or do I need to add them? I saw in my configuration already set just like you wrote on page 1
Problem with makefile solved i guess
(2017-07-27, 23:07)matrzh Wrote: I decided to get back to this and give it another go.
- I noticed that there is code for CMake provided all over the latest repositories. Should this be used to compile (how?) or is it still ok to use autoconfigure and the config command lines on the first page of this thread (this is what I did)
- Is there a way to test the ffmpeg decoding in an isolated way, e.g. specifying a command with an mpeg file as an argument? This would be easier to debug. Trying to load kodi into the gdb. kodi is a shell script that is executing kodi.bin at some point. If I load kodi.bin into gdb, it simply is not working.
- CMake build system is currently only optional (preparation for LibreElec distribution). the configure build system is still supported and working
- when I debug kodi with gdb, I use the build path and not the installation path for debugging, i.e. I start in the root path of the kodi src and start the generated kodi.bin out of the source directory. This way you can debug kodi perfectly. Btw. I don't think that it is a fault of the ffmpeg decoding, but anything else in kodi build. I build kodi within the LibreElec build system and had a crash as well when starting playing a video. due to summer time I haven't had much time to debug that issue. But it may be the same as you face.
(2017-07-28, 10:59)pdrobek Wrote: @mosterta

Do sunxi sources (https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi.git) include your patches or do I need to add them? I saw in my configuration already set just like you wrote on page 1

the "official" sunxi linux sources do not contain my patches. you need to apply them manually in your linux build tree.
(2017-07-28, 14:07)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 10:59)pdrobek Wrote: @mosterta

the "official" sunxi linux sources do not contain my patches. you need to apply them manually in your linux build tree.

too bad Sad i just removed gcc-4.9.4 from my cubie and gcc-5.4.0-rc4 won't compile kernel older than 3.18 Sad
Code:
CC      libavcodec/mp3_header_decompress_bsf.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc7.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc8.o
CC      libavcodec/mpeg12.o
In file included from libavcodec/vdpau_internal.h:58:0,
                 from libavcodec/mpeg12.c:42:
libavcodec/vdpau.h:104:5: error: unknown type name 'VdpDecoderSetControlData'
     VdpDecoderSetControlData *set_video_header;
     ^
make: *** [common.mak:57: libavcodec/mpeg12.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed
checking for FFMPEG... yes
configure: error: "/usr/lib/libavcodec.a not found"

How can i fix it?

Code:
cb2 kodi-16.1 # grep -r --include "*.h" VdpDecoderSetControlData
tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0/libavcodec/vdpau.h:    VdpDecoderSetControlData *set_video_header;
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.h:  VdpDecoderSetControlData *                    vdp_decoder_set_video_control_data;
(2017-07-29, 11:14)pdrobek Wrote:
Code:
CC      libavcodec/mp3_header_decompress_bsf.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc7.o
CC      libavcodec/mpc8.o
CC      libavcodec/mpeg12.o
In file included from libavcodec/vdpau_internal.h:58:0,
                 from libavcodec/mpeg12.c:42:
libavcodec/vdpau.h:104:5: error: unknown type name 'VdpDecoderSetControlData'
     VdpDecoderSetControlData *set_video_header;
     ^
make: *** [common.mak:57: libavcodec/mpeg12.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed
checking for FFMPEG... yes
configure: error: "/usr/lib/libavcodec.a not found"

How can i fix it?

Code:
cb2 kodi-16.1 # grep -r --include "*.h" VdpDecoderSetControlData
tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0/libavcodec/vdpau.h:    VdpDecoderSetControlData *set_video_header;
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.h:  VdpDecoderSetControlData *                    vdp_decoder_set_video_control_data;

I assume you use the jarvis_allwinner_opengles_support branch from my repository.

Since I do not do any development anymore on this branch it is not that easy and resporitories may be run out of sync. You need the right combination of this branch with the repositories mosterta/libvdpau-sunix and mosterta/libvdpau.

You can try this combination:
mosterta/libvdpau-sunxi 837b534bed2a3e3f8e964dd1b3a6147869ce8a41
mosterta/libvdau ccc63ad1e79597535bb14a7ea24fd95101f26314

It should work, but I am not 100% sure.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)2