• 21(current)
hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)
issues reported by kernel are propably releated to driver.

https://github.com/mozzwald/linux-sunxi-...p_scaler.c

what codecs are supported by vdpau and cubieboard? same behavior like i described before i got while playing television streams from tvheadend.
(2017-08-18, 19:39)pdrobek Wrote: issues reported by kernel are propably releated to driver.

https://github.com/mozzwald/linux-sunxi-...p_scaler.c

what codecs are supported by vdpau and cubieboard? same behavior like i described before i got while playing television streams from tvheadend.

what do you mean? streams is decoded by software decoding?
I use tvheadend with DVB-S/S2 and hardware decoding is enabled for mpeg2 and h264. cubieboard has which CPU? HW decoding on A1X/A20 is supported for mpeg2/4, H264 and msmpegv4. For H3 only mpeg2/4 and H264 is supported.
Do you have a logfile of kodi for the tvheadend case?
see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

https://pastebin.com/WPjhrAHG

Just for check, the same behavior while launching sd tv stream
old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
scaler execution failed=1
kodi.bin: opengl_nv.c:426: mapOutputTextures: Assertion `iErr == 0x3000' failed.
(2017-08-18, 21:36)pdrobek Wrote: see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

the kodi log is not complete, at the end there seems to be a video resync, so the stream is still running, I guess.
where does the ffmpeg comes from? did you build ffmpeg contained in kodi and did you build ffmpeg externally?
the cubieboard is with an Allwiner A10? And tvheadend is with DVB-S(2)?
When I tried with tvheadend/DVB-S(S) on an A10 I recognized that the A10 is just not powerfull enough. Especially since there is a bug in the design of the SoC that memory bandwidth is very limited, especially if 1920x1080 resolution is used. Now I use an bananapi with A20, and this works like a charm.
(2017-08-18, 22:07)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-08-18, 21:36)pdrobek Wrote: see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

the kodi log is not complete, at the end there seems to be a video resync, so the stream is still running, I guess.
where does the ffmpeg comes from? did you build ffmpeg contained in kodi and did you build ffmpeg externally?
the cubieboard is with an Allwiner A10? And tvheadend is with DVB-S(2)?
When I tried with tvheadend/DVB-S(S) on an A10 I recognized that the A10 is just not powerfull enough. Especially since there is a bug in the design of the SoC that memory bandwidth is very limited, especially if 1920x1080 resolution is used. Now I use an bananapi with A20, and this works like a charm.

i guess stream is still running but kodi not (Violation of memory protection) and cubie return to console. the same behavior could be observed while i try to play other videos than sample big buck bunny.

ffmpeg on this cubie is build by myself from gentoo portage (minidlna depends on gentoo portage ffmpeg) and kodis ffmpeg version which was built while making kodi. Dunno what version of ffmpeg was used by kodi or by minidlna.
Im running kodi on A20, tvheadend with dvb-t(2) terrestral television.

On this board i also run mini router, nas, and minidlna service. but i think this is not a problem because resources are free while i run htop on other console.
(2017-08-18, 21:44)pdrobek Wrote: old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
kodi.bin: opengl_nv.c:426: mapOutputTextures: Assertion `iErr == 0x3000' failed.

last line is because in kodi setting is the VDPAU mixer enabled. This is not supported, you have to disable the VDPAU mixer.
This configuration is not supported in jarvis, or any successor versions. You have to check that VDPAU mixer is disabled
(2017-08-19, 13:08)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-08-18, 21:44)pdrobek Wrote: old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:

last line is because in kodi setting is the VDPAU mixer enabled. This is not supported, you have to disable the VDPAU mixer.
This configuration is not supported in jarvis, or any successor versions. You have to check that VDPAU mixer is disabled

what is exactly text on button/switch which should i disable?

ok i think i disable vdpau mixer, but also i lost hw on videos Sad tv streams works fine but hw not.
(2017-08-19, 14:01)pdrobek Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 13:08)mosterta Wrote:

Code:

what is exactly text on button/switch which should i disable?

ok i think i disable vdpau mixer, but also i lost hw on videos Sad tv streams works fine but hw not.

can you send a kodi.log with this configuration?
I decided to abandon the plans to launch kodi on cubieboard. After nearly 2 months of work, continuous problem solving I found that Allwinner SoC is not suitable for the purpose of media center. I change the platform to Raspberry Pi3.

Thank you all for your help
(2017-08-17, 23:51)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 21:33)xchetah Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 21:16)pdrobek Wrote: soon after i press o after launch movie kodi quits to console with print on screen

Code:
Violation of memory protection

my dmesg output after kodi quits is full of
Code:
[ 5412.711857] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5412.791859] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5412.872894] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:148 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5412.952896] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:148 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.031858] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.111854] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.191856] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:88 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.271858] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.351853] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.431855] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.511858] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.591860] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:88 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.671855] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:88 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.751857] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.831852] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.911855] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5413.991856] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.071852] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.191855] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.391862] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.471855] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.591859] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.671854] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.751856] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.831858] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5414.911854] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.031864] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.111858] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.231862] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.311857] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.431863] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.631866] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.711854] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:32 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.831872] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.911859] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:92 in img_sw_para_to_reg
[ 5415.992926] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:116 in img_sw_para_to_reg
Sorry I don't know anything about this

Code:
A few notes , the fps you are seeing using debug is NOT the video fps , it's just the kodi gui fps,
Also you are not using a video file codec that libvdpau-sunxi supports to run in hardware , thats why the video is software decoded , you should see (HW) instead of (SW) at the end of video decoder line.
Try this file
Code:
http://samplemedia.linaro.org/H264/big_buck_bunny_1080p_H264_AAC_25fps_7200K.MP4
You should see something like ff-264-vdpau(HW) in the video decoder line and cpu usage should be low while playing the file.

in principle my libvdpau-sunxi version does support msmpegv4 in hardware for A10/A20, but I do see that the code switched to software decoding. Currently I do not know why. I have to check whether I add an error when I added code for H3.
the dmesg output is usually done when kodi crashes and the video layer is still created. Then the kernel access memory with undefined values and outputs the traces. Nothing to worry too much about it.
HI,
Maybe i will say a big stupidity but perhaps could this error on H3 :
https://github.com/fastogt/libvdpau-sunx...b68471dd5e
and https://github.com/fastogt/libvdpau-sunx...214e09e50b ?
Smile
Thomas
(2017-08-25, 10:27)thomas1014 Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 23:51)mosterta Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 21:33)xchetah Wrote: Sorry I don't know anything about this

Code:
A few notes , the fps you are seeing using debug is NOT the video fps , it's just the kodi gui fps,
Also you are not using a video file codec that libvdpau-sunxi supports to run in hardware , thats why the video is software decoded , you should see (HW) instead of (SW) at the end of video decoder line.
Try this file
Code:
http://samplemedia.linaro.org/H264/big_buck_bunny_1080p_H264_AAC_25fps_7200K.MP4
You should see something like ff-264-vdpau(HW) in the video decoder line and cpu usage should be low while playing the file.

in principle my libvdpau-sunxi version does support msmpegv4 in hardware for A10/A20, but I do see that the code switched to software decoding. Currently I do not know why. I have to check whether I add an error when I added code for H3.
the dmesg output is usually done when kodi crashes and the video layer is still created. Then the kernel access memory with undefined values and outputs the traces. Nothing to worry too much about it.
HI,
Smile
Thomas

So you are saying. Try those version and see what will happen? I can try because im not owner of rpi3 yet.
(2017-08-28, 15:33)pdrobek Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 10:27)thomas1014 Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 23:51)mosterta Wrote: in principle my libvdpau-sunxi version does support msmpegv4 in hardware for A10/A20, but I do see that the code switched to software decoding. Currently I do not know why. I have to check whether I add an error when I added code for H3.
HI,
Smile
Thomas

So you are saying. Try those version and see what will happen? I can try because im not owner of rpi3 yet.

These "fixes" won't work with my libvdpau-sunxi code. I have configured for NV21 format on H3, not YV12. Also you are using an A20 which uses an internal tiled format, not NV21 or YV12.
There is another reason why your compiled code doesn't work correctly on your system. It could be the U-boot or some other component. Without digging deeper into your system it is hard to tell what is the reason. There are just too much components involved in a correctly working system.
Hi all ... I hope this is the right place for my query .... Thanks to all the devs on this project.

I've just purchased a Banana Pi M2 Berry (spec here) and have loaded the following image: 2017-08-25-raspbian-stretch-preview-bpi-m2u-sd-emmc (forum link here) which is based off RASPBIAN STRETCH 9.1 2017-08-16, using kernel 3.10.107.

Code:
pi@bananabox:~ $ uname -a
Linux bananabox 3.10.107-BPI-M2U-Kernel #1 SMP Thu Aug 24 08:01:24 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

My goals are:
- run current tvheadend, kodi + pvr.hts, occasional chromium use
- use HDMI for 1080p video, 5.1 audio
- use SATA port for attached 2.5" drive

Using the above system image, out of the box, preliminary tests show all hardware working, and I have smooth 1080p using VLC and sunxi VDPAU driver. Therefore I know my goals are achievable. (Though I have trouble selecting the HDMI audio device.)

However, the Raspbian Kodi packages do not work out of the box of course. I have attempted building Kodi a few times now but the configure fails during ffmpeg build, currently like this:
Code:
CC      libavfilter/f_drawgraph.o
In file included from ./libavutil/intmath.h:30:0,
                 from ./libavutil/common.h:106,
                 from ./libavutil/avutil.h:288,
                 from ./libavutil/avassert.h:31,
                 from libavfilter/colorspacedsp_template.c:21,
                 from libavfilter/colorspacedsp.c:31:
./libavutil/arm/intmath.h: In function 'rgb2yuv_444p10_c':
./libavutil/arm/intmath.h:77:5: warning: asm operand 2 probably doesn't match constraints
     __asm__ ("usat %0, %2, %1" : "=r"(x) : "r"(a), "i"(p));
     ^~~~~~~
./libavutil/arm/intmath.h:77:5: warning: asm operand 2 probably doesn't match constraints
     ^~~~~~~
     ^~~~~~~
     ^~~~~~~
common.mak:60: recipe for target 'libavfilter/colorspacedsp.o' failed
make: *** [libavfilter/colorspacedsp.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed
checking for FFMPEG... no
configure: error: "ffmpeg not found"

Question 1) Is the Allwinner R40/V40 on the BPi M2 Berry actually supported by the work in this thread?

Question 2) Is there an updated requirements doc / HOWTO for building kodi? - as post #1 of this thread is very old now and I can imagine kernel and system base requirements will have shifted. Also the OP doesn't specify if a particular distro or package base is required.
(2017-09-01, 15:25)danryu Wrote: Hi all ... I hope this is the right place for my query .... Thanks to all the devs on this project.

I've just purchased a Banana Pi M2 Berry (spec here) and have loaded the following image: 2017-08-25-raspbian-stretch-preview-bpi-m2u-sd-emmc (forum link here) which is based off RASPBIAN STRETCH 9.1 2017-08-16, using kernel 3.10.107.

Code:
pi@bananabox:~ $ uname -a
Linux bananabox 3.10.107-BPI-M2U-Kernel #1 SMP Thu Aug 24 08:01:24 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

My goals are:
- run current tvheadend, kodi + pvr.hts, occasional chromium use
- use HDMI for 1080p video, 5.1 audio
- use SATA port for attached 2.5" drive

Using the above system image, out of the box, preliminary tests show all hardware working, and I have smooth 1080p using VLC and sunxi VDPAU driver. Therefore I know my goals are achievable. (Though I have trouble selecting the HDMI audio device.)

However, the Raspbian Kodi packages do not work out of the box of course. I have attempted building Kodi a few times now but the configure fails during ffmpeg build, currently like this:
Code:
CC      libavfilter/f_drawgraph.o
In file included from ./libavutil/intmath.h:30:0,
                 from ./libavutil/common.h:106,
                 from ./libavutil/avutil.h:288,
                 from ./libavutil/avassert.h:31,
                 from libavfilter/colorspacedsp_template.c:21,
                 from libavfilter/colorspacedsp.c:31:
./libavutil/arm/intmath.h: In function 'rgb2yuv_444p10_c':
     ^~~~~~~
     ^~~~~~~
     ^~~~~~~
     ^~~~~~~
common.mak:60: recipe for target 'libavfilter/colorspacedsp.o' failed
make: *** [libavfilter/colorspacedsp.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed
checking for FFMPEG... no
configure: error: "ffmpeg not found"

Question 1) Is the Allwinner R40/V40 on the BPi M2 Berry actually supported by the work in this thread?

Question 2) Is there an updated requirements doc / HOWTO for building kodi? - as post #1 of this thread is very old now and I can imagine kernel and system base requirements will have shifted. Also the OP doesn't specify if a particular distro or package base is required.

I am the author of the post#1. You are right, I should update the description how to compile the code. But unfortunately there is always something more important. But I will try to get more attention to it.
Now to you questions and goals:
The code only supports a non-X11 desktop (i.e. framebuffer), which means that you cannot run chromium together with this code, since chromium requires X11 (afaik there is no "framebuffer-enabled-chromium")
question 1: Nobody has ever tried to get the code running on Allwinner R40/V40 (AFAIK), so don't expect an "plug&play" solution. There is probably code to change, just to name a few: disp driver detection in kodi and using the correct API (which might not be implemented), sound driver detection, etc..)
question 2: In principle every distro can be used, as far as the linux kernel patches requires for this code are integrated, correct u-boot is used (I do see issues with libvdpau-sunxi on different u-boot versions) and all the libraries mentioned in post#1 are compiled.

currently getting the code compiled and working is some effort and probably it must be debugged on the R40 as well. But you are invited to help to get the code running on the R40 Big Grin
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)2