• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
Just installed 0.4.7 on OpenELEC with Chromium 6.0.4. It's working great.
(2016-01-07, 05:51)Jeremy White Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 01:57)logi85 Wrote: And perhaps someone could write a guide how to launch a dm like blackbox or openbox in the before-script and killing it in the after script.
Perhaps also for autohotkey on windows and other needs.
I could add the scripts as examples for other users.

You really want to add a buffering window manager and openbox.

Otherwise you will get tearing.

I put mine in /usr/bin/kodi-standalone but there is probably a better place.

Install compton with apt-get to do the compositing then add these lines to your kodi-standalone

>compton --backend glx --paint-on-overlay --glx-no-stencil --vsync opengl-swc --shadow-exclude "! name~=''" -b &
>openbox &

If you can find a better place to put these, let me know.

There is no real need to exit openbox afterwards but you could kill it.

Hi, I'm using lxdm with auto-login and launch kodi after login automatically. And there is no tearing I think it depends on wm and gpu driver. So there is no general need to use a wm for all of us. And launching before kodi starts could be done, but is not necessary. Netflixbmc also launches the wm before and kills it after. Cause this add-on could not run anything if kodi launches, and we don't want to modify default scripts of kodi it would be better to do as an custom script. It would be nice if you write a working before and after script wich launches and kills the wm. If I integrate it other just have to copy these files to custom folder. Should be a easy solution.
(2016-01-07, 02:37)tree_and_kite Wrote: [quote='Cassiuss' pid='2206275' dateline='1452097001']
[quote='tree_and_kite' pid='2205738' dateline='1452041873']

I've just added a script to help with debugging. Please re-download the zip and run keyboardOSD.exe. What does it say when you press 'stop' on your remote?

edit: it should look something like this

Edit 2: You are using chrome right?

Thanks! I will def try today and report back! Yes I am using chrome (I also played around with IE, but there I could not even pause/play with my remote)

One other thing: Can anyone give me a hint on how to get rid of my mouse pointer once I am in chrome?? (windows 10)
(2016-01-07, 01:00)Bearhunter73 Wrote: @mhoogenbosch & cwh060,
When I updated to 0.46, I received an update failed, uninstalled, attempted to reinstall, same problem. Restarted PC, reinstall worked.
On trying TV from the main Flix2Kodi menu however, I kept getting spinning circle of death too. I used the delete cache and cookies (or whatever the two delete options are the, I think, Advanced section on the Add-on's settings), I can't remember if I rebooted again, but was then working okay thereafter. You might want to if you haven't already Smile

Same problem here on windows... 0.4.6. did not work anymore. uninstalled, could not reinstall. Then reboot, was able to reinstall 0.4.7, and now everything works again..

For tree_and_kite: finally was able to try out you keylogger, when I press stop on my remote there is no input showing. But it does stop a video that is playing.... It does show inputs with pretty much every other button: up, down, 1-9, enter, esc (btn says clear). But when I use any of my play/pause/ffwd/rew/stop etc buttons it does not show anything, but in kodi I am able to stop a movie etc...
EDIT: when I am watching Netflix in chrome the play/pause button etc also don't do anything. I can pause/play the video with the 'ok' button. So it must be something in Kodi that is making my play/pause etc buttons work...

Hopefully this will give you a hint what to do next.. Thanks for helping me!
(2016-01-07, 13:18)Cassiuss Wrote:
When I updated to 0.46, I received an update failed, uninstalled, attempted to reinstall, same problem. Restarted PC, reinstall worked.
On trying TV from the main Flix2Kodi menu however, I kept getting spinning circle of death too. I used the delete cache and cookies (or whatever the two delete options are the, I think, Advanced section on the Add-on's settings), I can't remember if I rebooted again, but was then working okay thereafter. You might want to if you haven't already Smile

Same problem here on windows... 0.4.6. did not work anymore. uninstalled, could not reinstall. Then reboot, was able to reinstall 0.4.7, and now everything works again..

For tree_and_kite: finally was able to try out you keylogger, when I press stop on my remote there is no input showing. But it does stop a video that is playing.... It does show inputs with pretty much every other button: up, down, 1-9, enter, esc (btn says clear). But when I use any of my play/pause/ffwd/rew/stop etc buttons it does not show anything, but in kodi I am able to stop a movie etc...
EDIT: when I am watching Netflix in chrome the play/pause button etc also don't do anything. I can pause/play the video with the 'ok' button. So it must be something in Kodi that is making my play/pause etc buttons work...

Hi, please have a look into the logfile if there is something about "unknown action" when you press the play/pause key while playing a video
(2016-01-07, 13:18)Cassiuss Wrote:

Looks like your remote isn't sending keyboard presses for your media buttons (play/pause, stop etc). This might mean MCERemote addon isn't setup correctly.

Try this:
1. Open kodi as administratior
2. Launch MCERemote and choose use current settings
3. Reboot windows and try flix2kodi and my script again

Then tell me what happens
(2016-01-07, 13:53)logi85 Wrote: Hi, please have a look into the logfile if there is something about "unknown action" when you press the play/pause key while playing a video

I enabled debugging, quit kodi (for less clutter), opened Kodi, started a video from my own server (to be sure), pressed pause, play, stop, started flix2kodi and pressed the same buttons. stopped the video (with my keyboard) quit Kodi and checked the log.
Searched the log for 'unkown action', and both words separately, but none of the words are found.... If you want me to post my log, let me know...
To get this to work for me in Kodibuntu, the path mentioned in the first post "/home/kodi/.kodi/addsons/plugin.video.netflix......." is actually "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/scripts/launcher/linux". Updating the file "chrome.sh" makes Netflix work in full screen.

The only thing I have to try and dig through in this thread is fixing the audio. The audio is there but it's faint and "tinny". Any help in that regard would be appreciated.
(2016-01-07, 14:12)tree_and_kite Wrote: Looks like your remote isn't sending keyboard presses for your media buttons (play/pause, stop etc). This might mean MCERemote addon isn't setup correctly.

Try this:
1. Open kodi as administratior
2. Launch MCERemote and choose use current settings
3. Reboot windows and try flix2kodi and my script again

Then tell me what happens

Tried this. But with the same result... Not sure why Kodi does accept my play/stop buttons etc if windows does not...
Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is the exact remote that I am using (although mine does not have samsung on it)

I was never on windows before with this remote, always Openelec, is there perhaps some extra program that I need to install?? What works now, worked out of the box (after updating the IR driver on my NUC)

edit: by the way, before I was able to get out of chrome using the 'back' button in my kodi remote app on my phone. But now that does not work anymore as well. Did anything change?

edit 2: I am also using launcher4kodi, so it will start straight into kodi, can this have anything to do with it?
(2016-01-07, 14:26)draco Wrote: To get this to work for me in Kodibuntu, the path mentioned in the first post "/home/kodi/.kodi/addsons/plugin.video.netflix......." is actually "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/scripts/launcher/linux". Updating the file "chrome.sh" makes Netflix work in full screen.

The only thing I have to try and dig through in this thread is fixing the audio. The audio is there but it's faint and "tinny". Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

hi, please read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2206698
and put your modifications in a custom script.
otherwise your changes would be overwritten with every update.
Cassius Ok. I'm starting to think MCERemote addon doesn't work properly on windows 10.

However, you can do everything except kill chrome right? You can pause with 'ok' and do volume and skipping with the arrow buttons?

Would remapping one of the number buttons to kill chrome be an acceptable solution? If so I can make you a script over the weekend.
yes, that is correct. Ah ok, that might be the problem! And yes remapping the '0' key (or any other number) would be more than fine for me! (This is actually what I tried to do myself as well with a program called LM remote keymap, but I did not manage to do it (maybe a W10 problem as well))
I will wait for your script and use my keyboard that I still have connected until then.. Thanks again!

One more noob question, I will have to run this script every time I start windows, correct? (I believe I can use launcher4kodi for this)

EDIT: one more question: before you asked me if I am using chrome, will it not work in any other browser? It should work pretty much the same, right? Ideally I would like to use a browser that does support 5.1 sound (and 1080p)
(2016-01-05, 00:55)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 16:24)StefanK Wrote: I look forward to trying out this add-on. A few questions first:
Could it possibly open up in the windows 10 netflix app instead of a browser? Isn't it correct that the app plays 5.1 surround, while netflix in a browser is only stereo?

Hi, yes this could be possible, someone has to find a solution (batch script or cscript) to launch the app and open the right video. If someone find a solution, I would integrate. And I think this is correct (but there could be a solution with edge). @others: correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

According to this thread it is not a big problem to launch the app: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193001
As for opening the right video, I see no solution though Confused

I can confirm the sound difference, the app plays 5.1 - the browser plays stereo.
(2016-01-07, 01:57)logi85 Wrote: Hi, short update:

Just released 0.4.7, please update!

After Update:

cwh060, mhoogenbosch, harry fine, SamBotte, brashquido, vorta, Bearhunter73: please try again.
edge-users: please try again. (fullscreen)
benno.1973: please open an issue on github (encoding, playcount)
snip snip snip

Hi Logi85!

Thanks for taking the time to look into these issues !!!
I updated to 0.4.7 bu I still have the same error

Code:
22:56:07 T:1872   ERROR: C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
                                              SNIMissingWarning
22:56:08 T:1872  NOTICE: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] parameters: ?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url
22:56:08 T:1872   ERROR: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 84, in <module>
                                                handle_request()
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 36, in handle_request
                                                general.main(video_type)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 38, in main
                                                add_dynamic_lists(video_type)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 28, in add_dynamic_lists
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site("https://www.netflix.com/")
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 112, in load_netflix_site
                                                ret, status_code = load_site_internal(url, session, post, netflix=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 173, in load_site_internal
                                                response = session.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=certifi.where())
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 480, in get
                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 576, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 447, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

In my opinion the root cause is :
Code:
22:56:07 T:1872   ERROR: C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
                                              SNIMissingWarning

I don't know your scripts and Python, yet I would suggest to modify in order to just ignore this error
Something important in my case , I'm living in asia and i use a dns service to access netflix US (this might explain why I do have the error in the first place).
On the same computer (using the DNS service) I can watch stuff on netflix US in chrome , edge or the win10 app without any error.

Thanks for this addon, hope it will work for me eventually!!!
Hey all.
What shoulf I do to actually close the Browder after watching? :S
-Home
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8