[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
(2016-02-03, 22:18)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 02:23)Milox Wrote: Hello logi85,

I've been using the different generations of this addon, since the first one of AddonScriptorDE, and the one of Corona, JasonPell and now this great version that you, Zero and others wrote. I'm really wanna thank you for your effort that makes our life easier when we wanna watch Netflix within Kodi.

I'm wondering if you may consider to add the possibility of using a custom keysender script. I'm thinking that the addon can check if there is a keysender.sh (or keysender.cmd) in the custom folder and if it is there use it. I tried to do it myself editing the play.py file, but my Python knowledge is less than limited.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Milox, I don't think a custom keysender script would be a good idea cause it is the bridge between browser and kodi and for everyone the same.
So if kodi gets a keypress, it sends actions to the browser.
I guess you want to map keys in kodi so they will trigger an action in browser.

If you miss something, it would be better to ask for or to modify and send back to me, so everyone could effort of the changes.

Hi Logi85,

Thanks for taking the time to reply my question. The reason I asked for this feature is the following:

I use a playback.sh script that is very similar to the chrome.sh script in the launcher/linux folder of the addon, but replacing the calls /usr/bin/google-chrome for /usr/bin/chromium-browser.

Then my idea was to have a keysender.sh script in the custom folder that would be very similar to the one in the keysender/linux folder of the addon but replacing the line.

HANDLE=`/usr/bin/xdotool search "Google Chrome"`

for

HANDLE=`/usr/bin/xdotool search "Chromium"`

Right now, when I have a playback.sh script in the custom folder, doesn't seem to be sending any xdotool command to any window (either chromium or chrome), but probably I'm doing something wrong.

If, one the other hand, I use the chromelauncher option in your addon (and not the playback.sh) that seems to be specific for OpenELEC, not kodibuntu (which is the system I'm running). This options needs some other addons running that are OpenELEC specific and don't install in kodibuntu. By the way, the remote control I'm using is an app in my phone that connect with kodi through port 9090

https://github.com/goldenratio/xbmc-web-remote

Unfortunately options like the one you show in the custom_samples folder don't work either. Modifying the xbindkey_rc to look for "Chromium" window instead of Chrome only work if the remote send direct commands to Linux, if understand this correctly; but my remote app only goes through kodi first.

Of course I can always edit the chrome.sh in keysender and launchers folder after each update (which work great), but it is far from ideal.

Many thanks again for taking the time for replying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - by Milox - 2016-02-04, 00:06
No access to TV show data - by seriousjohn - 2016-11-03, 19:01
Flix2kodi <crashed> - by Garri - 2016-01-08, 19:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8