• 48(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
(2016-06-11, 21:58)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2016-06-11, 15:04)Moukrea Wrote: Well alright... That doesn't do the trick really well, I intend to get that result seamlessy, that's why I've asked if we could separate the choice and chose "Get cover images from TMDb" and 'Get fanart images from TMDb" separately! But thanks, I will stick to the TMDb thumbs until I get a better option.

I was also wondering, is it possible to make it open the streams within the Netflix app on Windows rather than the browser version of it? That would be awesome as the browser version doesn't stream 5.1 audio.
+1 for opening streams in the Netflix app! If possible. Though I use IE for Flix2Kodi I thought IE supported 5.1? I know it does 1080p where Chrome and Firefox only do 720p.

Yes, would be awesome, but @logi85 don´t discover yet how this is possible. but you can use NetflixRemoteController, this small app whem launch, open netflix app from win 8.1 or 10 and you can navigate using your arrows from keyboard, or the arrows from your remote control.

you need to launch NetflixRemoteController from kodi using Advanced Launcher.

here the website of this app:

http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

and a small tip:

Make a shortcut of this app, and use -stopbuttonquits as command line in shortcut, this way, when you press STOP buton, the netflix app is closed and return to kodi.

cheers
Thanks! That is indeed an awesome little program!
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
I installed Chromium and widevine and afterwards the flix2kodi plugin.
I can access my account but when I try to start a video the browser won't open but only show a message
about this fact and redirects instantly to the plugin.
Anyone a hint for me?
Hello all,
I tried to install this plugin on my kodi install on my Linux HTPC and I'm having a bit of trouble. I successfully installed and everything and I logged into Netflix through the addon but my content doesn't show up. The 'all shows' or 'all movies' section are the only ones that show anything. Nothing shows up in my recent activity (even though I've had recent activity on other devices) or anything.
Additionally, is there any way to access my list and/or to show only the title of the show and have seasons and episodes thereof in a sub-menu or something rather than having it all just there?
Thanks!
I need some help... I am trying to use the script below to open chrome in fullscreen but I only get it to fill half of the screen. I have replaced blackbox with openbox.

(2015-12-30, 23:17)logi85 Wrote: FAQ:

- Kodibuntu (and other Linux distrubutions) without window-manager?

sirhcjw posted the following lines:
(2015-12-30, 23:08)sirhcjw Wrote: All working like a charm for me now thanks for all the hard work.

Anyone on kodibuntu to get this working in full screen just install blackbox window manager and official chrome browser

Then make these changes to the launchBrowser.sh script on my instalation the path is

.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/launchBrowser.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# copy from https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc/blob/master/browser.sh

# Managed to resolve the issues with, but will leave this here anyway, as its a good fallback
CHROME_STARTED=`ps -ef | grep google-chrome | grep -v "grep" | wc -l`
if [ $CHROME_STARTED -gt 0 ]; then
        exit 1;
fi

# lets find out if xdotool actually exist before we try to call it
command -v xdotool >/dev/null 2>&1
XDOTOOL=$?

url=$1

# start window manager to make fullscreen work
/usr/bin/blackbox &

# move mouse pointer to bottom right of screen
if [ $XDOTOOL -eq 0 ]; then
        # no point sleeping if xdotool is not installed.
        #sleep 5
        xdotool mousemove 9999 9999 click 1
else
        echo "xdotool is not installed, can't remove cursor"
fi

# notice no ampersand to keep google chrome in front so remote works
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url"

# kill window manager so we exit back to kodi
killall blackbox >/dev/null 2>&1
hey
after stopping playback, I get "cannot update play count" on Mac and PC.
OSX El Capitan:

Code:
03:58:48 T:123145303453696   ERROR: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/play.py", line 84, in playInternal
                                                self.update_playcount(video_id)
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/play.py", line 92, in update_playcount
                                                library.update_playcounts()
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/library.py", line 105, in update_playcounts
                                                playback_infos = get.video_playback_info(videos_data)
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/get.py", line 335, in video_playback_info
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.evaluator(), post=post_data)
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/utility/generic_utility.py", line 91, in evaluator
                                                return evaluator_url % (api_url, endpoints()['/pathEvaluator'])
                                              File "/Users/horstepipe/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/utility/generic_utility.py", line 95, in endpoints
                                                return json.loads(get_setting('endpoints'))
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/json/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py", line 319, in decode
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py", line 338, in raw_decode
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Windows 10:
Code:
14:44:27 T:8104   ERROR: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 84, in playInternal
                                                self.update_playcount(video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 92, in update_playcount
                                                library.update_playcounts()
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\library.py", line 105, in update_playcounts
                                                playback_infos = get.video_playback_info(videos_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\get.py", line 335, in video_playback_info
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.evaluator(), post=post_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\utility\generic_utility.py", line 91, in evaluator
                                                return evaluator_url % (api_url, endpoints()['/pathEvaluator'])
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\utility\generic_utility.py", line 95, in endpoints
                                                return json.loads(get_setting('endpoints'))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

I'm running Emby for Kodi if this is of importance.
Problem occurs on Kodi 16 and 17 Alpha
When configuring Flix2Kodi to launch Safari, all I'm getting is a glimpse of the black screen that says "If your browser did not launch, something went wrong...".
It stays like this for second, then sends me back to the Movie/TV Show listing of the add-on..

Any thoughts?..
hey, I'm still alive ;-) awesome 712(!) posts. I think you'll guess I cannot read every post. But I can repeat to write that it would help if you open an issue on github for problems. I've read the last ~3-4 pages in this thread and saw many problems solved twice or more on many pages before. So please also try to read the first pages if you get problems, cause it's no fun to solve the same problems again and again..
someone had a problem with only half of the screen while playback. hot tip: -> windowmanager, solution even on first page, 3rd post, called FAQ.

Also, if you have solution for problems, please write them (best way would be a pull request on github, but even a private message or post would help) so all other could participate.

Have a lot of fun with flix2kodi, cool to see that there is so much goin' on!
Hey there, I'm back again Smile

So I managed to fix the issue with the text showing up all messed up. Apparently it was something in Kodi 15.2 because once I updated to 16.x the problem simply vanished! But now I have a second question:

I am running Kodi on Ubuntu 16.04 and everything is working except for one thing: I can't operate the window (pause, rewind, forward, exit) unless I have a keyboard attached to it. I use a PS3 controller to do everything so it would be awesome if I could simply use the controller instead. At the very least, I'd like the option to close the window with a single PS3 button. The launchbrowser script which was mentioned in one of the earlier posts doesnt seem to exist in my build and quite frankly I don't understand what is happening in it.

I don't mind figuring out some stuff by myself, but with the sheer number of pages it is starting to become a bit overwhelming to determine what is useful for me and what isn't. So if anyone could help me out - even if only by providing some pointers on where to start looking - I'd be very grateful Smile Cheers!
Lightbulb 
Here are some suggestions to streamline the interface a little bit. I don't know how achievable they are, but they would certainly help reduce the number of actions to get into and out of watching a Netflix video.

1. Eliminate the TV/Movies/Who's Watching screen
    1. Add TV/Movies selector to Viewing Activities/My List/Search screen
    2. Add Who's Watching selector to Viewing Activities/My List/Search screen
  2. Include both seasons and ipisodes on single screen
    1. After selecting a TV Show, the next screen would display show information on top, with a list of seasons bottom left and a list of episodes bottom right. Selecting a season should move the 1st unwatched episode of that season to the top of the episodes list. Selecting an episode should highlight the corresponding season in the season's list.
The second change would help to also help to conform the interface to what is found in the standard Netflix apps on other platforms. Of course, it may very well be skin dependent.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
Hello

Thank you for this great addon, I really love it

I guess that Netflix just changed something in their code, because today when I launched kodi and tried to use Flix2Kodi, the profile window came out blank, so I couldnt choose between profiles.

Maybe it's just a comma or something in the script, but its a bit broken

...BTW is there a way I could skip the profile choosing? I only use the first one (the second one is for someone else Im sharing my account with)
hi,

uhm - just wait - I think I see the problem too

(2016-07-21, 15:53)vtwin0001 Wrote: Maybe it's just a comma or something in the script, but its a bit broken

...BTW is there a way I could skip the profile choosing? I only use the first one (the second one is for someone else Im sharing my account with)
should now be fixed.

just released new version.
merged new(old) remote-handling by badcrc - perhaps it helps.

have a lot of fun!
Flix2Kodi works for me, but all movies/TV Shows are showing in the description PCM Audio 2.0.
Connected through HDMI from NUC to my AV Receiver.
In Kodi itself I can watch movies/TV Shows in Dolby Digital, DTS, Atmos, DTS:X, but Netflix only PCM.
How to configure the audio settings, because it looks like that Flix2Kodi doesn't use the sound device I configured in Kodi

Cheers
Tom
1st page, 3rd post.

You have to configure your soundsystem so chrome can use sound.
However, multichannel will not work cause netflix doesn't support in browser.

greetz

(2016-07-22, 12:04)tom886 Wrote: Flix2Kodi works for me, but all movies/TV Shows are showing in the description PCM Audio 2.0.
Connected through HDMI from NUC to my AV Receiver.
In Kodi itself I can watch movies/TV Shows in Dolby Digital, DTS, Atmos, DTS:X, but Netflix only PCM.
How to configure the audio settings, because it looks like that Flix2Kodi doesn't use the sound device I configured in Kodi

Cheers
Tom
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8