[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
Hello folks,

It's been a while since i was looking for a KODI Addon to fully integrate Netflix on my Win10 KODI living room PC.
I've found this addon today, installed it and - guess what - not working.

Although I'm glad that there are still people out there who obviously try to get things working, i think of it as a Sisyphean task, as - obviously - Netflix does not have any intention of making things easy for people who like to use their services not "off the shelf", which renders - imho - any plugin as a doomed waste of time (sorry for my honesty).

However, i've found a quite easy way for me to start Netflix out from KODI by just using a full screen chrome Window (kiosk mode) through an custom Aeon Nox Main menu entry (i guess there are also other skins which support such custom menus).

Just activate one of the "Custom" Menus, and set it up like:
* Select "Default Action" in the Menu
* Select "user defined entry" at the bottom of the menu
* Enter the following line:
Code:
System.ExecWait(""C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -kiosk -newwindow https://www.netflix.com")
(you might need to adopt the path to the chrome binary)

Of course this has some ugly disadvantages: you'll probably need a pointing device to handle the netflix UI and you'll not get AC3 sound, but this solution works for me for quite a while without any "api changing headaches". I agree that this solution will probably miserably fail any WAF tests.
I've also tried running the Windows Netflix App through a System.ExecWait call (over a .vbs batch file), however i've always had problems with window focus (either netflix not getting the focus after start, or Kodi not getting focus after exiting Netflix App), but this is not an issue with Chrome kiosk mode. Additionally, netflix never managed to get the App working so it can be controlled with cursor keys and "enter" (which would be perferct for my MCE remote), so the App didn't have much advantage for me.

hth,

yours,
Juergen

Messages In This Thread
No access to TV show data - by seriousjohn - 2016-11-03, 19:01
RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - by juepi - 2017-01-26, 19:58
Flix2kodi <crashed> - by Garri - 2016-01-08, 19:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8