• 68(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
After quite a few issues (win10) I got this to work using Chrome (edge won't even go FS or play anything). However, there are still 2 annoying issues. When the video starts playing Chrome puts the mouse cursor with the spinning circle thing right smack in the middle of the screen and won't hide it. This can be solved with an extra tool that runs in the background and hides the mouse after some time of inactivity but using that causes issues with Kodi's UI (screen blanks for a couple seconds every now and then, probably when the cursor is deactivated). It's a bit of a crux but would be nice if the addon could somehow ensure that Chrome won't make the mouse part of your movie experience.

The other more annoying issue is that Kodi gets minimized when stopping a movie. The way I have my "green button" setup makes it so it's not a huge issue (if kodi isn't running it'll start kodi, if it's already running it makes sure it'll be full screen and receive focus if it doesn't have it) but it just bothers me to no end. I don't like things only working half way Smile There's no reason for kodi to get minimized in the first place and if there is then it should be restored to whatever status it had before Chrome was launched.

On my linux (ubuntu kodi thing) I haven't gotten it to work at all yet. Chromium comes up taking half the screen, showing the netflix page for a movie/show and that's that.Probably just a browser config thing. When I find the time I'll look into that some more. If anyone has had the same issue and knows how to fix it right away I'd appreciate the info. I had a similar effect on win10 and iirc that had something to do with aborted sessions. After logging in to netflix with the browser once and properly closing it the issue was gone. So I am hoping it's the same with linux Smile

Big thanks to the author(s) of this pluging. I like it a lot better than the crappy Netflix app thing. Netflix thing is so confusing.
Someone facing the loooooong wait to connect and display the lists too?
Hi there,

I have this Addon (Version 1.0) running on newest Kodi 17 Release but it doesn't work.. In Log I got some DLL load errors..

Best regards
Stefan
I want to request two things:

1: The Metadata frrom TMDB was broken months ago. Someone can fix this please?

2: The possibility to batch all itens of My List to Library folder. Right now we must download one by one. An option "add my list to library" it wold be great.
Great to see the addon working again. I wonder if it could possibly open up in the windows 10 netflix app instead of a browser?

As of now I continue to use the netflix app and my keyboard, since the app plays 5.1 surround, while netflix in a browser is only stereo.
Newbie question here: Would a TV remote connected via CEC USB or a Xbox 360 wireless controller be able to control a running movie ( i.e. play stop pause exit) with this addon ( Kodi 17.3 running on Debian/SteamOS) or do I need a keyboard for this?
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
I'm using the latest version from Yamboo.

I'm on windows 7 - is there anyway to get this to automatically go fullscreen and support a ps3 controller in full screen?
Got this running on Windows 7 with Yamboo fix. Video is very choppy. Any other app I use to stream videos play fine, just this one doesn't.

Any settings I can look at to fix the choppiness?
Hi,

is it work on kodi for Android ?

I have an android box, but netflix don't work, so I want to try your addon

I log in with success, choose my profil, and have a flix2kodi error

Can you help me ?

Thanks
Hi all,

Kodi plugins are written in python, if the operating system is Windows kodi use a embedded python interpreter but in Linux use the system python interpreter. For that reason, in Linux you can install python modules (like pycrypto) and the plugin can use it automatically. In Windows is another history, to get a python module to work you need to include it into the plugin and if the module need native libraries they need to be compiled using the embedded kodi python interpreter sources. In resum, in Linux you can use a manage python outside of kodi but not in Windows.

The plugin, using python, act as a browser. It do a login in netflix web and do request to obtain information like genres, movie list, etc... This information is obtained when you navigate inside kodi plugin's menu. For example, when you enter in a genre the plugin request a max (N) number of videos of that genre and with the response fill the data necesary for Kodi to show the video list. The max N number can be configured, but affect the pagination inside Kodi (More videos per request take more time to process, but you can see more videos in one page).

When you want to view a video the plugin launch a browser with the video url and set a fixed cookie to login in the account. The plugin never process/decode the video because the videos are encrypted with widevine DRM. That library is native and propietary, only aproveed apps/programs have access to the sources to support it. Currently only closed source software support it.

ARM arquitectura don't have a native widevine library, and cannot decrypt videos. This affect the raspberry, but exist a hack to import ChromeOS widevine library with poor results.

About TMBD information: The plugin use other plugin to retrieve information "script.skin.helper.services" from marcelveldt. It use her API Key to retrieve information, and that key have been banned to prevent abuse. That plugin have the option to the use the user API Key.

Finally, I use Linux on all of my machines (only use Windows to test some things inside an virtual machine) and Kodi with a remotes that have HID emulation (Rii Mini i28), and (Rii i7) . For that reason I can only support similar setups, i cannot help with other setups. The source code is open and anyone can adapt it to their needs, it's the best of the open source.

Sorry for my english and the long post, I expect don't offend anyone.

Thanks
Hi there,

I have an issue with the plugin on Win10. Don't know what has changed, the plugin worked flawless until this morning. Wanted to start it, now that error occurs:
Quote:09:54:24.350 T:2804 ERROR: Control 550 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
09:54:24.909 T:12056 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources import general
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 7, in <module>
import add
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\add.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources import library
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\library.py", line 9, in <module>
import get
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\get.py", line 18, in <module>
from resources import connect, video_parser
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 15, in <module>
from resources import chrome_cookie
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\chrome_cookie.py", line 16, in <module>
import win32crypt
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
-->End of Python script error report<--
09:54:24.950 T:2804 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/
09:54:24.951 T:2804 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/) failed

Tried to reinstall the whole rep, did not help.

Any ideas?

//Edit: Just reinstalled it the third time .. now it works. I am confused now.

Greetings, Florian
Nice helpful discussion,
I am streaming lover, and I had faced a lot of issues in installing Netflix addon, but this useful article: https://www.reviewsdir.com/how-to-instal...lix-addon/ helps me a lot in installing Kodi Netflix Addon and it is 100% Working guide.
Seeking assistance with my installation. On an Ubuntu 17.04 installation I have Flix2Kodi launch on Google-Chrome but receive an error on launch.

@Karellen- Log removed

not sure if python crypto is at fault or maybe my moonlight installation...
(2017-10-25, 13:24)jibajaw Wrote: Seeking assistance with my installation. On an Ubuntu 17.04 installation I have Flix2Kodi launch on Google-Chrome but receive an error on launch.

not sure if python crypto is at fault or maybe my moonlight installation...

You're getting a 404 error. Also, please don't post partial logs in the threads. You should always post a link to a full, unedited debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
hee thanks works fine on linux but the remote controller and pulse cec dos not work ?
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8