v15 Kodi 15.x & Onkyo AVR - Random loss of audio signal for 5s
If OE was preinstalled, there is not much, we can do for you. As we don´t know, what the seller has done to the build (or not).

So first I would provide a Debug Log
2Braze
Glad to know I am not alone..
But the truth is that:
1. Development of Kodi 15.2 is dead, there will be no future updates. v16 will be distributed soon, hopefully without this error.
2. Installing OpenElec v6 does not solve your problem as it this running Kodi v15.2 (has the same problem).
3. Installing Kodi v14 and update updates system directly to v15.2. Pitty that it does not update via steps (v14 -> v14.2 -> v15 -> v15.2).

Your solution is simple - install and use previous version of OpenElec, v5.0.8, which runs Kodi v14.2.
Do not update it to new version and keep installation file for the future (in case new version will have the same problem and old installation files will be removed from web page)!!
or use a nightly v16 as downgrading won´t help things getting better
Downgrade to v14 will help with this error.
This random loss of audio during playback starts to occur at Kodi 15. It was not an issue never before (at least last 4 years)..
and exactly one of 10 million users is affected ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
At least two Smile
Nope - the other user does not not even know what version he is running ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Your view is too technically oriented, sorry to say it.
Take a look on his post as unskilled user - he is running OpenElec 6.0.0 with Kodi v15.2.
For unskilled users it is typical installation of current available OpenElec. That's all.....
Might very well be - for now there are then 2 users, one thinks he has the same issue and another one not providing debuglogs with recent builds. So what should I - from my technical pov - do? Help whining?
I know that nothing. But even if he will post debug - you did not found any error in my Debug Log as well, but I had this issue..

I just wrote clear solution for braze - to downgrade to v14.2 and this issue dissapears.
It works for me, since I downgraded I have no issue of loss of audio.
Yeah - your issue won't magically solve for v16 and also not for v17 ... but as 14.2 is your solution - that will be the last version of kodi that you run.
It magically appears in v15, you do not see any issue in my debug log, so you do not know what to correct..

Maybe it will again magically disapear in v16?
I will test it and let you know.
Unfortunatelly I am not able to instal beta versions, sorry, I am not so skilled user. I need simple ".img"/".iso" installation file to be able to instal Kodi.
Could your receiver be going? I have an Onkyo and had to send it back a few times because the HDMI board died. A year later, and my audio and video blank out for about 30 seconds after being on for a few minutes. After that, it's OK.

The other idea is that you may have to generate an edid file for x11. I ended up doing this and it fixed a few other issues with the receiver.
My receiver seems to be ok, no problem with playback over HDMI using Kodi v14.2.. This issue occurs only during playback with v15.x.. Will see how it will be with v16..

What is "edid file for x11"?
(2015-12-31, 12:15)slamka Wrote: What is "edid file for x11"?

EDID files override the EDID data that your TV and AVR send to your PC over HDMI. They are what tells an HDMI source (your PC) the supported video and audio formats that can be sent over HDMI to the display and the amp.

Overriding them can stop problems that occur when you switch to an alternate input on your amp and/or your TV (some PCs think the TV has been unplugged and so disable the HDMI output) or if you turn the PC on before the amp and/or TV are powered up (and thus can't send EDID information to your PC). It may also stop drop-out issues in some cases.

Onkyo amps are famous for being 'picky' and having various issues with HTPCs. My first Onkyo amp would only work reliably if the PC was connected to HDMI input 1 (i.e. DVD) on the amp, other inputs would have issues with audio for instance. This amp also had a failing HDMI input board that Onkyo replaced free-of-charge. As it started to fail, some - but not all - sources would start randomly dropping out. (PS3 did it, Blu-ray player didn't)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.x & Onkyo AVR - Random loss of audio signal for 5s0