OS X How to open .txt file?
Nobody is interested in working on this. You have to find someone to want to do an addon. (can be anyone - not necessarily from official team kodi...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I switched from KODI Krypton 16.7 to Matrix 19.3 yesterday. 
I discovered to my surprise and satisfaction that .TXT files can now be read from inside the file manager.
Many thanks
IMHO the solution to reading basic text documents (TXT, HTML, MD) in Kodi is to update the Webviewer addon. You see, when we say "simple documents" these days we actually mean simple structured documents using a micro-format (tags) library. Mind you, even old-style man pages are structured and formatted in text styles (bold, italics, underlined, ..). Plus an updated Webviewer addon would be useful in parsing this very forum's pages.

About rendering PDFs: It would be very useful if it could be done with little effort, however the fact that it has not be accomplished yet is probably evidence that it would overstretch the core team.

Perhaps an updated Webviewer addon could render epub files, which are functionally equivalent to PDFs yet structurally just HTML files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to open .txt file?0