"No Bluetooth adapter found"
Hi ,

I wonder if someone might be able to help with a problem.

I re-installed Openelec 5.0.8 as I was having an audio problem. I had been using this version for some time I believe , with the Bluetooth dongle working fine.

Anyway, since the new install , it says No Bluetooth adapter found so I can't use my PS3 remote with it now.

Do anyone know how to get the Bluetooth dongle found again ? The blue LED on the dongle flashes regularly so would appear to be otherwise functional.

I have tried rebooting and using different USB sockets to no avail.

Thanks.
Have you enabled bluetooth in the OpenElec configuration add-on first?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Darren ,

I am going in System, then Openelec , then Bluetooth - this is where it says No adapter found.

Sorry I am not sure what add on you are referring to and where it can be found , could you kindly elaborate ?
... I just read this :

You can download the latest zip file from OpenELEC RPi Config addon page, and install the addon from within XBMC. However, I recommend installing the leapold repository first and then installing the addon from it. This way you can get the latest updates when they are available.
If you look in the services menu there (I think you're actually in the OpenElec Configuration add-on via your route above, but if not you can reach it via the add-ons section under system) then towards the bottom there should be one for enabling Bluetooth (you may need to scroll down a bit). Check that's set to be enabled there.

The services menu I think is the one above the Bluetooth one from memory, but I'm away from my Pi at the moment so I can't confirm.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have looked in System, settings , services - there is AirPlay but I can't see a Bluetooth option there, even under advanced and expert levels.
Sorry did not reply to PM, anyway you want...

Kodi > Programs > OpenELEC Configuration Addon > Bluetooth

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/OpenEL...tion_Addon

This is pre packaged with every OpenELEC distro, no extra Dloading needed.

:-)

Darren ,

I'm still struggling to find where to find the Bluetooth button. I have looked where you have suggested but still can't identify it, only AirPlay . I'd be grateful if you could have an actual peek yourself when you have a chance. Thanks.
Edit- Oops wrxtasy , only just saw your message , I'll try this. Thank you.
Wrxtacy,

I tried going into programs. It's the same OpeneElec settings I was seeing where I was already trying. And unfortunately the Bluetooth tab is still saying No Bluetooth adapter found.

I have tried using another SD card which I configured some time back and Bluetooth is working using that card. I just don't seem to be able to to get it working. Any further ideas please ?
Guys I'm still not having any luck with getting my RPi to find the Bluetooth adapter.

If any more hints , would be much appreciated.
Just a suggestion... Have you tried turning off the RPi and inserting the bluetooth adapter into another USB port before turning it on again?

Edit: The above suggestion is only to test for defect USB ports... If that's not the case then you can take a look here http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...pter-found

What Bluetooth brand/model are you using? SSH into your Pi and post the output of this command:

Code:
lsusb -v
Thanks Nooryani,

The BT adapter was working fine with one SD card''s Openelec , but not with another SD card. So this argues against a USB port issue as it was the same port both times.

I will check out the link. I bought the adopter off eBay , I am not with my Pi at the moment.
Then we would need to know the output of
Code:
lusb -v

That should tell us what devices are connected to the Pi when it's up and running OpenElec.

You will need to SSH into it and enter the command above, see http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/OpenEL...use_SSH.3F

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"No Bluetooth adapter found"0