Install guide for OE
(2016-01-02, 18:52)a1rwulf Wrote: Most likely, requesting it for every single core won't work (at least until someone steps up and implements it - if even possible).
There are several snes libretro cores for example, some may provide vfs while others won't.
You will have to stick with the emulators that fit your needs.

That's correct. Adding VFS support is often a labor-intense process that needs to be repeated for every single emulator. This simply doesn't scale to the number of emulators we support.

What if, instead of silently failing, RetroPlayer cached the rom locally and ran it from there? If this were extended to all cores, we could automatically generate a game library by caching all the ROMs launched by IARL.

(2016-01-02, 19:10)N3MIS15 Wrote: snes9x-next launched over smb for me but my controllers were broken with charlies latest build :/

Can you post a debug log? I'm opening the PR for this input stuff soon, so I'd like to resolve this issue.
(2016-01-02, 19:27)grumpygamer Wrote: Oddly enough bSNES Mercury shows as supporting VFS but it doesn't work.

This wouldn't be the first core to lie about its capabilities. Can you open an issue here so we can track this problem?

(2016-01-02, 19:27)grumpygamer Wrote: Also many SMCs crash with Snes9X-next Sad

This issue is being tracked here: https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libret...x/issues/2

(2016-01-02, 19:27)grumpygamer Wrote: I am also wondering if it's too early to be able to remove filtering from the emulator?

What do you mean by filtering? The image scaler? As RetroPlayer becomes more complete, this is a feature I plan to start looking into. Can you link to a project with a large number of filters I should reference?
(2016-01-05, 00:59)garbear Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 19:10)N3MIS15 Wrote: snes9x-next launched over smb for me but my controllers were broken with charlies latest build :/

Can you post a debug log? I'm opening the PR for this input stuff soon, so I'd like to resolve this issue.

http://xbmclogs.com/phwdzq6ea

Opened Megaman X with beetle bSNES and pressed some buttons.
Used keyboard to exit rom.
Opened Megaman X with Snes9x-Next and pressed some buttons.
Thanks for posting the debug log. Fix will be included in the first builds this year
(2016-01-05, 00:59)garbear Wrote: What do you mean by filtering? The image scaler? As RetroPlayer becomes more complete, this is a feature I plan to start looking into. Can you link to a project with a large number of filters I should reference?

I think there is just one filter that processes image output though I am not too sure about this.
Image scaler is a good example: that can use different techniques to scale your content, but you can have postprocessing too (pixel rounding - that I hate - color filtering for example to imitate a gamboy's green screen and probably more).

Scanlines is - I think - an upscaling method (?) but not sure.
Anyhow I am no expert on it (I just enable scanlines and take all pixel smoothing out Smile ) so I'll point you to some references as you asked (and I hope they are relevant!):
- Here's an interesting read on "Tested".
- This is a scanline-specific article.
- A collection of zipped NTSC filters
- More reading on CRT effects (SNES only)
- A github collection of shaders
- Another collection of shaders
- Image scaling algorithms
- Pixel Shaders in Genesis, GBA, GBC Emulation

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope you can make sense of the links I have put in here.
(2016-01-05, 14:30)grumpygamer Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 00:59)garbear Wrote: What do you mean by filtering? The image scaler? As RetroPlayer becomes more complete, this is a feature I plan to start looking into. Can you link to a project with a large number of filters I should reference?

I think there is just one filter that processes image output though I am not too sure about this.
Image scaler is a good example: that can use different techniques to scale your content, but you can have postprocessing too (pixel rounding - that I hate - color filtering for example to imitate a gamboy's green screen and probably more).

Scanlines is - I think - an upscaling method (?) but not sure.
Anyhow I am no expert on it (I just enable scanlines and take all pixel smoothing out Smile ) so I'll point you to some references as you asked (and I hope they are relevant!):
- Here's an interesting read on "Tested".
- This is a scanline-specific article.
- A collection of zipped NTSC filters
- More reading on CRT effects (SNES only)
- A github collection of shaders
- Another collection of shaders
- Image scaling algorithms
- Pixel Shaders in Genesis, GBA, GBC Emulation

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope you can make sense of the links I have put in here.

A thought just occurred to me. Alwin's ADSP add-ons are basically audio filters. What if we add video filter add-ons using much of his existing work?
(2016-01-05, 20:23)garbear Wrote: A thought just occurred to me. Alwin's ADSP add-ons are basically audio filters. What if we add video filter add-ons using much of his existing work?

Ok you are talking to me as if I were a dev. LOL
From my humble point of view I imagine you can use a VERY SMALL amount of the existing code being it audio related. Maybe just the Kodi interface, I have no clue. The rest will have to be re-written I guess.
I do think though you can port most of the code for the shaders and the scalers quite easily.

But it's just a guess. I don't know CPP nor do I know Python, let alone the Kodi framework. Tongue
(2016-01-06, 00:57)grumpygamer Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 20:23)garbear Wrote: A thought just occurred to me. Alwin's ADSP add-ons are basically audio filters. What if we add video filter add-ons using much of his existing work?

Ok you are talking to me as if I were a dev. LOL
From my humble point of view I imagine you can use a VERY SMALL amount of the existing code being it audio related. Maybe just the Kodi interface, I have no clue. The rest will have to be re-written I guess.
I do think though you can port most of the code for the shaders and the scalers quite easily.

But it's just a guess. I don't know CPP nor do I know Python, let alone the Kodi framework. Tongue

That's because you are in the dev section Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install guide for OE0