• 129(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
No def got all the details.... am totally assuming its something HERE... but.. can't get my head round what.....

Have even gone to the effort of running from offices in different countries to rule out some funky issues!!!!

pip install fixed it.... I had to run it twice so am wondering if I have some funky connection issue!!!

Either way... I have all the info so thank you for help!

As a curiosity... is there any benefit to using AWS over HEROKU
(2017-09-01, 15:20)ziggy73701 Wrote: As a curiosity... is there any benefit to using AWS over HEROKU

An AWS deployment supports multiple instances of Kodi -- you can map a particular Echo device to a particular Kodi instance.
(2017-09-01, 15:39)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 15:20)ziggy73701 Wrote: As a curiosity... is there any benefit to using AWS over HEROKU

An AWS deployment supports multiple instances of Kodi -- you can map a particular Echo device to a particular Kodi instance.

Ahh ok awesome.... well am all working now so I think I will leave it alone Big Grin

THanks for the help
(2017-09-01, 13:22)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 02:48)DonBrutto Wrote: Ok. I followed the readme and have everything down to the point of the initial deployment to Lambda. I run "zappa deploy dev" at which point I get"Warning! couldn't get function kodi-alexa-dev in us-east-1 - have you deployed yet?" Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. In the amazon setup I cant tick the SSL setting required until I input the URL that I get from deploying. I tried pip install packaging and zappa update dev but got the same result.

Kinda guessing, but I think you missed setting up your AWS credentials. Did you create a user and use aws configure to enter in your access key id and secret access key? Are they correct?

I set that up and i believe they are correct. How do i check for sure? I still have the keys. Can I re-input them in some way?
(2017-09-01, 13:28)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 02:48)DonBrutto Wrote: In the amazon setup I cant tick the SSL setting required until I input the URL that I get from deploying. I tried pip install packaging and zappa update dev but got the same result.

Please try to follow the README in order, too. If you skip around you're more likely to cause yourself grief.

I did follow the readme i think in order. I just searched through the thread and thought that might help.
(2017-09-01, 20:15)DonBrutto Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 13:22)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 02:48)DonBrutto Wrote: Ok. I followed the readme and have everything down to the point of the initial deployment to Lambda. I run "zappa deploy dev" at which point I get"Warning! couldn't get function kodi-alexa-dev in us-east-1 - have you deployed yet?" Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. In the amazon setup I cant tick the SSL setting required until I input the URL that I get from deploying. I tried pip install packaging and zappa update dev but got the same result.

Kinda guessing, but I think you missed setting up your AWS credentials. Did you create a user and use aws configure to enter in your access key id and secret access key? Are they correct?

I set that up and i believe they are correct. How do i check for sure? I still have the keys. Can I re-input them in some way?

aws configure

You should check the user's permissions as well and make sure they match what the README says.

(2017-09-01, 20:15)DonBrutto Wrote: I did follow the readme i think in order. I just searched through the thread and thought that might help.

Well, you were talking about the skill builder, and you haven't deployed yet, so you're definitely not yet on that step Smile
(2017-09-01, 21:25)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 20:15)DonBrutto Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 13:22)jingai Wrote: Kinda guessing, but I think you missed setting up your AWS credentials. Did you create a user and use aws configure to enter in your access key id and secret access key? Are they correct?

aws configure

You should check the user's permissions as well and make sure they match what the README says.

(2017-09-01, 20:15)DonBrutto Wrote: I did follow the readme i think in order. I just searched through the thread and thought that might help.

Well, you were talking about the skill builder, and you haven't deployed yet, so you're definitely not yet on that step Smile

Do you mean AdministratorAccess? I have the skill setup already. should I delete it and start over? Last time I uninstalled python because I couldn't figure out how to delete everything for a retry.
@DonBrutto, I mean everything outlined in the top of this part of the README.

Specifically, did you tick Programmatic access when creating the user and did you attach the AdministrativeAccess policy to that user?

Finally, are the access key id and secret access key you used in aws configure the ones you got from this particular user?
(2017-09-01, 21:35)jingai Wrote: @DonBrutto, I mean everything outlined in the top of this part of the README.

Specifically, did you tick Programmatic access when creating the user and did you attach the AdministrativeAccess policy to that user?

Finally, are the access key id and secret access key you used in aws configure the ones you got from this particular user?

Yes and yes.
Then I'm not sure what to say other than to try again and be sure to follow the README exactly. Something you've entered doesn't match.
@jingai Ok. I'll try again. What is the best wipe everything?
Just delete the kodi-alexa folder and re-clone when you get to that step. Start from the top of the README and make sure everything is done in order.
Ok. Another problem i'm having is not being able to save the config. file in System32. When I try to move it there it says it moved but is hidden even though i have show hidden files enabled.Zappa can't see it either. If I move the kodi-alexa folder it works though. Also how do I reset zappa so I can reinput the keys?
(2017-09-01, 21:45)DonBrutto Wrote: Ok. Another problem i'm having is not being able to save the config. file in System32. When I try to move it there it says it moved but is hidden even though i have show hidden files enabled.Zappa can't see it either. If I move the kodi-alexa folder it works though.

I'm not a Windows guy so I'm not sure why you would.. but why are you putting it in the System32 folder anyway? Either way, put it somewhere where it works -- it doesn't matter where it is anyway.

(2017-09-01, 21:45)DonBrutto Wrote: Also how do I reset zappa so I can reinput the keys?

aws configure. Just do everything in the README.
Now it says "Error: failed to manage IAM roles!
You may lack the necessary AWS permissions to automatically manage a Zappa execution role.
To fix this see here: https://github.comMiserlou/Zappattusing-...d-policies"
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15