• 135(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2017-10-26, 22:22)vmantzar Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 20:06)sirbadger Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 18:10)vmantzar Wrote: Thanks once again, when you say the skill log? Where do i get that from? Or you mean what Alexa understood (typed) when I said something to her

I asked her to play song intro, in the Alexa page i see below (i.e. it heard it correctly but played recently added songs), and in my library when I look at the tags I have a song tagged as Intro, so most of the time Alexa decides to play recently added songs, making the whole experience quite annoying tbh. Other thing I noticed is that Kodi does obey the command stop, so music never stops, I can pause/resume/next ect. but not stop. Looking at the Interaction Model Sample Utterances there are no playback control commands like stop, next, previous etc.

Playing recently added songs
Kodi

Playing recently added songs
  • Voice feedback
  • Alexa heard: "play song intro"

I've just set this up today and im having the same issue. i can say stop or try stop in the service simulator and it doesnt work :/

eta: stop is working now..

When you say "eta: stop is working now.." did you do something to fix it?

Nope :| it's still working though
(2017-10-27, 02:55)jingai Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 12:41)sirbadger Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 03:05)jingai Wrote: No, sorry, this skill does not control the PVR aspects of Kodi.

Is this due to a limitation of what can be supported somewhere or have you chosen not to support it?

The fundamental problem is that the skill is already interpreting quite a lot.  There is a lot of overlap even with dissimilar media types (e.g., music vs movies) -- PVR adds a layer that would be best handled by another skill.  It's already quite difficult to avoid collisions.

We provide Kodi-Voice as a library for this exact reason.  The ultimate idea is, anyone can link to this and use it for any voice service (not only Alexa).  For PVR in particular, it'd be best if you:

"Alexa, ask Kodi to watch <movie in my library>"
"Alexa, ask PVR to watch <movie on TV>"

The thing is, I don't personally have a PVR, nor do I want one, which makes me not a very likely candidate to write the new skill.  Anyone that feels up for it though is absolutely welcome to utilize our library for the JSON requests.

Thanks for the reply and yes, I see the potential issues. I'm not overly familiar with python but I might give it a go.
(2017-01-28, 10:00)jingai Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 01:39)dazz87 Wrote: Just wondering I have several smart playlist and what is the command to have kodi play these playlist? I have try "Alexa ask Kodi listen to (name) playlist" " "Alexa ask Kodi to play (name) playlist" and kodi nothing happens. Is there a command I could say that will work?

Because of the way Amazon determines a slot to be generic, you have to say it very precisely for slots that don't have many entries, like the playlists slot tends to.

That said, for all media types currently, you should specify the media type in your request, e.g.:

"Alexa, ask Kodi to play [audio|music|song] playlist <foo>"

If you use the verb "listen to" it will infer that you mean a music playlist. If you use "watch" it will assume a video playlist.

Soon, "play" will work better than it does currently, but we're ironing out some core changes first.

I too am having this trouble. Originally was testing with just one playlist ("80's") and expanded that name to "Eighty's Hits" thinking that name was too short per the suggestion here. When I ask Alexa to play that playlist, ie. "Alexa, ask kodi to play Eighty's Hits", Alexa responds "playing recently added songs".
Are you able to add a config setting so that you can disable ssl cert validation if using a self signed cert on a reverse proxy ?
(2017-10-28, 22:44)sirbadger Wrote: Are you able to add a config setting so that you can disable ssl cert validation if using a self signed cert on a reverse proxy ?

I will need more help with that please. I have no idea what that means. Sorry.
(2017-10-28, 21:31)37KDeep Wrote: I too am having this trouble. Originally was testing with just one playlist ("80's") and expanded that name to "Eighty's Hits" thinking that name was too short per the suggestion here. When I ask Alexa to play that playlist, ie. "Alexa, ask kodi to play Eighty's Hits", Alexa responds "playing recently added songs".

If it's playing "recently added songs," that generally means Amazon stole the slot value from us.  You can verify by checking what she actually heard in  the app and what the logs say for the skill wherever you're hosting it.
(2017-10-28, 22:44)sirbadger Wrote: Are you able to add a config setting so that you can disable ssl cert validation if using a self signed cert on a reverse proxy ?

Probably, but I'm really busy with my real job at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'd get to it.

You could always get a cert from letsencrypt.org in the meantime, though.  It's free and takes about 1 minute to do.
(2017-10-30, 14:38)jingai Wrote:

Probably, but I'm really busy with my real job at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'd get to it.

You could always get a cert from letsencrypt.org in the meantime, though.  It's free and takes about 1 minute to do.

Sure, no rush (I've got it working another way), just thought it might be useful for other people. Appreciate the time you've put into it, controlling Kodi sold me on an echo Smile

Not heard of letsencrypt.org before, will check it out. Thanks.
(2017-10-26, 04:19)jingai Wrote: Stop works here just fine.  I'm not sure why it's not for you.  We use Amazon's built-in Intents for playback controls like this, so we don't need to specify them explicitly.

Works fine for me also using "Alexa, ask Kodi to stop"

However I did try testing it in the service simulator and was getting inconsistent results using "stop", "to stop", "ask kodi to stop"

I put this down to "stop" generally being a bit tricky as this is the global word to say when you want to "stop" a command, if you get tongue tied or know you have said the wrong thing and don't want Alexa to attempt to do something with your wrong command whilst you sit and wait, saying "stop" will escape the command. e.g. you want 'the downstairs temperature' (from a digital thermometer) but accidently ask for "the temperature" (which gives you the weather) "Alexa, what is the temperature STOP STOP STOP" will cancel it Smile

Also as well as being a built-in intent (AMAZON.StopIntent) is an Audio Directive (AudioPlayer.Stop) used for Skills that play audio through the device which are not supported for testing in the simulator.

So it is no wonder it gets its knickers in a twist Smile
Hey, im getting these errors when I run python generate_custom_slots.py please help

C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\fuzzywuzzy\fuzz.py:35: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "generate_custom_slots.py", line 89, in <module>
retrieved = kodi.GetMusicPlaylists()
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\kodi_voice\kodi.py", line 1293, in GetMusicPlaylists
return self.SendCommand(RPCString("Files.GetDirectory", {"directory": "special://musicplaylists"}))
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\kodi_voice\kodi.py", line 446, in SendCommand
return self.cache.add(cache_file, url, auth, command, timeout, wait_resp)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\kodi_voice\cache.py", line 126, in add
r = requests.post(url, data=command, auth=auth, timeout=timeout)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 112, in post
return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 58, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 508, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 618, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Asif\Documents\code\kodi-alexa-master\venv\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 508, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /jsonrpc (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x03ABBA10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it',))
(2017-11-07, 06:19)djdollar Wrote: Hey, im getting these errors when I run python generate_custom_slots.py  please help

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /jsonrpc (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x03ABBA10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it',))

looks like it can't find your kodi box

double check your kodi.config file

or just use the online version https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com/
I’m coming back to this after a big length of time. So much so that my AWS account free for a year is about to expire. Going to look at running it from my own NAS (SYNOLOGY ) as I have the kit local. Will get that setup (which I’m sure will take me a while) and try to get things setup again. Hopefully with all the updates I might see a speed increase compared to the issues I was having before win my rather large collection via an SQL KODI database (tv worked great but there were serious delays asking for movies)

Sent from my iPad
@jouster, there's caching now, too Smile It's not configured by default, but it supports ownCloud if you wanted to host that locally as well.
(2017-11-13, 00:38)jingai Wrote: @jouster, there's caching now, too Smile It's not configured by default, but it supports ownCloud if you wanted to host that locally as well.

I took a look at hositngbut decided it was a bit above my pay grade...so back to AWS and Lamba...feels like a few things have changed but having gone through everything the first test has thrown up the old

The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.

So something is not right...I will probably have to start again from scratch and see how I get on
(2017-11-14, 02:53)jouster Wrote:
(2017-11-13, 00:38)jingai Wrote: @jouster, there's caching now, too Smile It's not configured by default, but it supports ownCloud if you wanted to host that locally as well.

I took a look at hositngbut decided it was a bit above my pay grade...so back to AWS and Lamba...feels like a few things have changed but having gone through everything the first test has thrown up the old

The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.

So something is not right...I will probably have to start again from scratch and see how I get on 
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15