• 151(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Hey m0ngr31, thanks for the new setup! Everything seems to work as you described it, but when I want to deploy the skill with "lexigram deploy kanzi" I only get an error saying "Error deploying. Please try again". I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling lexigram-cli, but that did not changed the result. Is there any possibility, to show more information about this error? The "-v" option didn't show any additional informations.
(2018-04-04, 17:40)HartzF34R Wrote: Hey m0ngr31, thanks for the new setup! Everything seems to work as you described it, but when I want to deploy the skill with "lexigram deploy kanzi" I only get an error saying "Error deploying. Please try again". I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling lexigram-cli, but that did not changed the result. Is there any possibility, to show more information about this error?
 Windows or Linux/Mac?
(2018-04-04, 17:44)m0ngr31 Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 17:40)HartzF34R Wrote: Hey m0ngr31, thanks for the new setup! Everything seems to work as you described it, but when I want to deploy the skill with "lexigram deploy kanzi" I only get an error saying "Error deploying. Please try again". I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling lexigram-cli, but that did not changed the result. Is there any possibility, to show more information about this error?
 Windows or Linux/Mac? 
Ubuntu 16.04
Perfect.

Okay, try these commands:

Code:

cd kanzi
../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t model
cd ..

And that'll dump out the information to see what it's failing on.
Regarding the new procedure it sure does look easier.  The old method was doable but there was a lots more room for misunderstandings and typos.

For those of us up and running the 'old' way, should we wish to update to a newer version, how should we proceed?  Its been so long since I have upgraded to a new version I am not sure I even remember the old. way!
(2018-04-04, 17:49)m0ngr31 Wrote: Perfect.

Okay, try these commands:

Code:

cd kanzi
../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t model
cd ..

And that'll dump out the information to see what it's failing on.
If I do this, I get the following error:

"[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function."

But in my skill.json file there is an uri defined, that looks like arn:aws:lambda:eu-west-1:.....:function:kanzi, which I got from the lambda function.
Can you PM a pastebin of your skill.json?

EDIT:
Or alternatively, try doing the deploy without putting an address in.
(2018-04-04, 17:56)bill_orange Wrote: Regarding the new procedure it sure does look easier.  The old method was doable but there was a lots more room for misunderstandings and typos.

For those of us up and running the 'old' way, should we wish to update to a newer version, how should we proceed?  Its been so long since I have upgraded to a new version I am not sure I even remember the old. way!

Honestly, the easiest way it just to remove the old skill from your developer dashboard and start fresh with the new instructions.
(2018-04-04, 18:07)m0ngr31 Wrote: Can you PM a pastebin of your skill.json?

EDIT:
Or alternatively, try doing the deploy without putting an address in.
 Is there any other way to contact you? Because I'm not allowed to send you a PM.
Deploying it without the address produces the same error.
I sent you a PM
Makes sense.  Do you mean delete both from Lamda and the developer's console?  I suppose it might not make much difference if the old one stayed in Lambda.  

Since everything is working nicely, it would take a considerable upgrade to make me re-do it.

Is there a command that makes the skill announce its version number?
(2018-04-05, 16:19)bill_orange Wrote: Makes sense.  Do you mean delete both from Lamda and the developer's console?  I suppose it might not make much difference if the old one stayed in Lambda.  

Since everything is working nicely, it would take a considerable upgrade to make me re-do it.

Is there a command that makes the skill announce its version number?
There isn't yet, but that's a good idea.

Technically, they use different invocation names, so you can keep both around if you want to try the new one.
(2018-04-04, 06:46)m0ngr31 Wrote: Try `rm -rf ~/.ask` and just use the default profile.

still no dice.   I am trying to run this on the same linux system which is running Kodi and they are fighting over port 9090.  Perhaps that was a mistake?  Should I be installing/running this on a different system?

miststlkr@htpc:~$ rm -Rf .ask
miststlkr@htpc:~$ lexigram login
-------------------- Initialize CLI --------------------
? There is no AWS credential setup yet, do you want to continue the initialization? (Default: False) Yes
Warning: Profile: "default" will not be able to deploy lambda functions since no AWS credentials are set up.

[Warn]: 9090 port on localhost has been occupied.
Please either abort any processes running on port 9090 for init cli
or use `ask init --no-browser` as an alternative approach.
It's fine if they run on the same system. You just can't be doing the login with something running on that port. Try killing Kodi or moving it to a different port temporarily.
Quote:miststlkr@htpc:~$ kodi-send --action="Quit"
Sending action: Quit

miststlkr@htpc:~$ rm -rf ~/.ask

? There is no AWS credential setup yet, do you want to continue the initialization? (Default: False) Yes
Warning: Profile: "default" will not be able to deploy lambda functions since no AWS credentials are set up.

[Warn]: 9090 port on localhost has been occupied.
Please either abort any processes running on port 9090 for init cli
or use `ask init --no-browser` as an alternative approach.

miststlkr@htpc:~$ sudo lsof -i :9090
COMMAND    PID      USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
spotty-x8 2327 miststlkr   59u  IPv6  12867      0t0  TCP *:9090 (LISTEN)

miststlkr@htpc:~$ sudo kill -9 2327

miststlkr@htpc:~$ sudo lsof -i :9090

miststlkr@htpc:~$ rm -rf ~/.ask

Switch to 'Login with Amazon' page...
  â   Listening on http://localhost:9090(node:29914) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Exited with code 3
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/opn/index.js:83:13)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:272:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:180:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (domain.js:421:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:936:16)
    at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:353:11)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:180:13)
    at Socket.emit (domain.js:421:20)
    at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:541:12)
(node:29914) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:29914) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
  â  Listening on http://localhost:9090^CX
miststlkr@htpc:~$

I am trying to run this thru SSH.    Is it possible that it is crashing because it can't load a browser, perhaps?  When I quit Kodi, I get logged out and it autoloads on login.   I appreciate your time troubleshooting this.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15