• 6(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2016-04-13, 01:03)m0ngr31 Wrote: I just pushed a pretty big update that should parse phrases better. I also updated to include those commands edru.

Many a thanks! Much appreciated!
Okay, as a continuation of yesterday's update, I've released a pretty big update with the utterances file. I went with a custom slot setup so now we can have essentially as many movies/tv shows/musical artists as we want. You will push the new code to your server + update the utterances and intents section on your Alexa skill on Amazon's developer page. The updated readme should show how to do it.

**edit**
According to Amazon, to match with your movie/tv/artist name, it doesn't have to be specifically in those lists, but it does help. I scraped together some decent starting lists for everything. Feel free to update them and give me a PR on github.

Please make sure you do the "Voice Training" on your Echo to help it parse what you are saying to the best of its ability.
I seem to be having better results when I create my lists from scratch. They don't need to be huge--I only have 20-30 items in each of my lists--but it seems to work better when 100% of those items are in my list, rather than big lists with a bunch of stuff I don't have. Just something I've noticed in my limited testing so far. So if m0ng31's custom slot lists don't work well for you, try creating your own small ones and you might have better results.
I made a webapp that will automatically generate all of your shows/movies/artists to put into the custom slots. If you want to try it, here's the link: https://sleepy-wave-26412.herokuapp.com/

I've been talking with Gyroscope352 a bit, and they discovered that changing the Invocation Name from Kodi to something like 'media center' or 'living room' seems to help with recognition. There might be something about the way Amazon hears 'kodi' and can't process it very well.
(2016-04-14, 17:20)m0ngr31 Wrote: I made a webapp that will automatically generate all of your shows/movies/artists to put into the custom slots. If you want to try it, here's the link: https://sleepy-wave-26412.herokuapp.com/

I've been talking with Gyroscope352 a bit, and they discovered that changing the Invocation Name from Kodi to something like 'media center' or 'living room' seems to help with recognition. There might be something about the way Amazon hears 'kodi' and can't process it very well.

Thanks m0ngr31, that makes life much easier. I had to correct some of the results due to amazon only wanting ASCII characters but apart from that, works brilliantly.

Keep up the excellent work.
Oh man! I'm trying to strip out non-ASCII characters. Do you know which ones are failing? I'll try and patch those in.
(2016-04-14, 18:58)m0ngr31 Wrote: Oh man! I'm trying to strip out non-ASCII characters. Do you know which ones are failing? I'll try and patch those in.

Thanks, these are the ones i've had issues with:

²

"

½
·

³
¡
Hi m0ngr31

Would is be possible to add something like these:

"Listen to random music"
"Listen to random {Genre} music"

Maybe you could add genre to PlayRandomMovie, something like "play random horror movie".
Is it possible for your webapp to retrieve movie and music genres to make 2 new Genre slots?

Thanks.
Yeah, I can generate the genres pretty easily.

What would you want the random music command to play? A random artist, a random genre, a random mix of 20 or so songs?
(2016-04-15, 22:47)m0ngr31 Wrote: Yeah, I can generate the genres pretty easily.

What would you want the random music command to play? A random artist, a random genre, a random mix of 20 or so songs?

Thanks,

I was thinking of a totally random mix of songs.
Hi, are these possible....

to (search for/show/list) (/unwatched) (movies/films) by director {director}
to (search for/show/list) (/unwatched) (movies/films) (from/made in) {year}
to (search for/show/list) (/unwatched) (movies/films) with (actor/actress) {actor} in
to (search for/show/list) (/unwatched) recently added (movies/films)

They would get Kodi to list the results rather than echo saying them.
Echo could say something like "Kodi found ? matching your search criteria".

Also, "ask kodi for a (daily/weekly) update" which would respond with number of unwatched movies and then number of unwatched episodes added within the last day or 7 days.

Thanks
If anyone is interested, I modified the code slightly to run on Amazon Web Services as a Lamda function. No additional features just another option for servers.

Here's a tutorial of how to setup a lamda function
https://developer.amazon.com/public/solu...a-function

Select the "alexa-skills-kit-color-expert-python" template

Download the code from https://github.com/mwgray81/kodi-alexa
You'll have to edit the kodi.py send command function to use you kodi ip address, username, and password as I don't know how to use environment variables on AWS.
Zip the entire directory and upload it to the code tab. On the "Configuration" tab enter "wsgi.lambda_handler" into the Handler field. Under the Advanced settings change timeout from 3 seconds to 30 seconds.

You create the Alexa skill the same way as before with one exception, you will use the "Lambda ARN (Amazon Resource Name)" instead of the https. You get this value from the Lamda function page on you AWS console. Select the radio button next to the function you wish to use and click the "Actions" button then "Show ARN"

I haven't tested it extensively, but it seems to work.

I did make one small modification on the GetMovies function. I added a filter to only return titles that contained the heard word.

Thanks m0ngr31 for creating this awesome skill.
That's pretty cool! I don't know much about lambda, so thanks for doing that. How's the speed compare to Heroku? Does it have the requests library built in or something?
Yeah it has to have all the dependencies built into the source folder. As for speed, I haven't timed it, but it seems close to the same speeds as what you were getting in your videos.
(2016-04-15, 22:47)m0ngr31 Wrote: Yeah, I can generate the genres pretty easily.

Id have it utilize the "party mode" type of shuffle.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15