• 104(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Hi,
I have just installed this using AWS and now having Alexa say "there is a problem with the requested skills response"

I have checked the URL given during the install process and this opens the webpage and displays

"{u'message': u'An uncaught exception happened while servicing this request. You can investigate this with the `zappa tail` command.', u'traceback': ['Traceback (most recent call last):\\n', ' File \"/var/task/handler.py\", line 433, in handler\\n response = Response.from_app(self.wsgi_app, environ)\\n', ' File \"c:\\\\users\\\\kodi\\\\appdata\\\\local\\\\temp\\\\pip-build-rgsxla\\\\Werkzeug\\\\werkzeug\\\\wrappers.py\", line 903, in from_app\\n', ' File \"c:\\\\users\\\\kodi\\\\appdata\\\\local\\\\temp\\\\pip-build-rgsxla\\\\Werkzeug\\\\werkzeug\\\\test.py\", line 884, in run_wsgi_app\\n', \"TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable\\n\"]}"

Any ideas on where I could have gone wrong? I have tested that I can access Kodi via the internet so the port forwarding is right
@WolvesPhil, run:

Code:
zappa tail dev

Make a request via Alexa, and post the log output here (feel free to redact any uniquely-identifying info).
I had every thing working fine then all of a sudden "there was a problem with the requested skills response "

the log showed
Quote:There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 502 : Bad Gateway
any idea what could have happened?
Please post complete logs.. we can't tell what went wrong with just "there was an error."
Hi,

This is my first time trying to add this skill for Kodi. I have done all of the AWS configuration, compiling in python and configuration on odi but whenever I ask Alexa to carry out a command it replies' Can't find that skill'. I have been through the deployment 3 or 4 times now to see if I have missed something or done something wrong but it always results in the same.

I understand you will probably need some information to help but not sure exactly what you would need. I know a lot of you are very skilled here so please excuse my ignorance and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
@luke1404, the most obvious thing to check first is that you built the skill on the same account that you use on your Echo. Also, if you have more than one account linked with your Echo, make sure you switch to that account.
(2017-06-24, 03:04)jingai Wrote: @luke1404, the most obvious thing to check first is that you built the skill on the same account that you use on your Echo. Also, if you have more than one account linked with your Echo, make sure you switch to that account.

Thanks for the fast response. Yes they are both linked to same account. I can see the skill in the alexa app however the echo doesn't understand it.
What invocation phrase did you choose? Have you tried all of "open," "ask," and "tell?"

Does the simulator in the skill builder work?
(2017-06-24, 03:14)jingai Wrote: What invocation phrase did you choose? Have you tried all of "open," "ask," and "tell?"

Does the simulator in the skill builder work?

I have tried a few few different ones. Started of with kodi, then living room tv and all the same result. Yeah it works through the simulator. I just tested it to navigate right and it did.
What are you saying to the Echo, exactly?
Well at the moment in just trying to get it to navigate right and left as I have tested that in the simulator and it works.

The exact wording is Alexa tell living room tv navigate left and also Alexa ask living room tv navigate left. Both come back with the skill error
The only other thing I can think of is to check on the Test tab of the skill builder and make sure it's enabled and says "This skill is enabled for testing on your account."

Maybe reboot the Echo as well? I'm honestly not sure.
(2017-06-24, 03:34)jingai Wrote: The only other thing I can think of is to check on the Test tab of the skill builder and make sure it's enabled and says "This skill is enabled for testing on your account."

Maybe reboot the Echo as well? I'm honestly not sure.

Yeah the test tab is enabled. I'm completely stumped. Have no idea where to look next.

Ok I will try again tomorrow morning. Its 3 am now so getting late. Thanks for all your help. Maybe someone else with have an idea tomorrow.
Just a quick one to say I have resolved this. It was due to the Echo being configured for English UK and the skill being English US. I added English UK to the skill and it works perfectly. Bit strange but it works. Thanks for the help.
Here's a rather basic question. When updating the Kodi skill it is necessary to regenerate the slots. I was ready to load the latest version when it occurred me that I was not entirely clear on what steps were necessary to regenerate the slots. Here is what I have been doing.

Use the python utility to make a new set of text files. I have been deleting the old ones first.

Go to the Amazon interaction model web page and for each slot:, delete the contents of the slot (^a DEL), copy and paste in the contents of the new text file and click update.

After completing all the changes on this page I click save in the bottom left.

I have not been deleting the slot only removing the contents and replacing it with the new contents.

Is this sufficient?
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15