• 132(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
@foreveradevil, assuming you're hosting the skill on AWS, the first thing you need to do is check the logs on cloudwatch as described in this post and do the following at the command prompt on your computer in the directory where you cloned the repository:

Code:
zappa tail dev

There should be something in those logs indicating what the problem is.
Hi, i want to use the Slot Generator https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com , but i don' become a connection, it always shows me:
Code:
Please validate your server information and try again

When i give the Server informations in my Browser on Smartphone (no WLAN) i see my Kodi WebIF, so i think that the Server Infomations are OK.

Have anybody a idea whats the Problem?

Thank you
Nobody?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hello, I have setup my amazon echo with Kodi and it actually sends the command to kodi but i have a little problem and a few questions. In Kodi I am using the Xenon X7.3.1 build, when I tell Kodi for example "play the newest episode of the simpsons", alexa will then respond with the season and episode number. Kodi will then give me a list of add ons to play the video and i have to select one of them. I usually watch movies/TV shows in covenant, I changed the setting on the video add ons so it will auto play. Is there any way to make it where I don't have to select which add on to use and it will automatically play once alexa responds with the season and episode number?

Also, is there any way to make Alexa search for a movie or tv show that you do not have in your library? For example, If i tell it to "search for Scary Movie 3" and I don't have that movie in my library, can it search for that movie on one of the movie add ons and automatically play?

As I add more movies/tv shows to my library, i dont have many right now, do i need to keep updating the custom slot types on the developers site?

I set this alexa skill with my Amazon Echo in my living room. If I have an amazon echo dot in my bedroom how would I set this up with the Kodi thats in my bedroom. Reason I'm asking is because when i run this command in Command Prompt "C:\Users\DJWEST\Desktop\kodialexa>C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy" it deploys the script once on the amazon website, would i need a second one where I can put the username, password, ip address, and port number for the Kodi in my room? I tried running the script a second time and it only replaced the one that was already there.

Last 2 questions, If I know someone that would like to set alexa up with their kodi, is there any way that I can send the skill that I did to their Alexa app instead of them doing all of the steps I did to create the skill? Does amazon charge people for any of this, uploading the script to their site, using the skill etc I had to provide my credit card number on the one of the Amazon sites to do this, I think it was the developers site or aws, one of them. At what point does Amazon start charging you?

Thank You for taking the time to read this and any replies to help me out.
(2017-09-16, 16:19)Coolzero Wrote: Hi, i want to use the Slot Generator https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com , but i don' become a connection, it always shows me:
Code:

When i give the Server informations in my Browser on Smartphone (no WLAN) i see my Kodi WebIF, so i think that the Server Infomations are OK.

Thank you

@Coolzero - I was having the same issue when I first started. I have a dynamic IP address so I created an account using Dynu www.dynu.com, went back to the slot generator and added the URL i got from Dynu, along with port, username and password I set up in Kodi and I was able to see all of my slots.
(2017-09-20, 02:39)djwest86 Wrote: Hello, I have setup my amazon echo with Kodi and it actually sends the command to kodi but i have a little problem and a few questions. In Kodi I am using the Xenon X7.3.1 build, when I tell Kodi for example "play the newest episode of the simpsons", alexa will then respond with the season and episode number. Kodi will then give me a list of add ons to play the video and i have to select one of them. I usually watch movies/TV shows in covenant, I changed the setting on the video add ons so it will auto play. Is there any way to make it where I don't have to select which add on to use and it will automatically play once alexa responds with the season and episode number?

Also, is there any way to make Alexa search for a movie or tv show that you do not have in your library? For example, If i tell it to "search for Scary Movie 3" and I don't have that movie in my library, can it search for that movie on one of the movie add ons and automatically play?

As I add more movies/tv shows to my library, i dont have many right now, do i need to keep updating the custom slot types on the developers site?

I set this alexa skill with my Amazon Echo in my living room. If I have an amazon echo dot in my bedroom how would I set this up with the Kodi thats in my bedroom. Reason I'm asking is because when i run this command in Command Prompt "C:\Users\DJWEST\Desktop\kodialexa>C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy" it deploys the script once on the amazon website, would i need a second one where I can put the username, password, ip address, and port number for the Kodi in my room? I tried running the script a second time and it only replaced the one that was already there.

Last 2 questions, If I know someone that would like to set alexa up with their kodi, is there any way that I can send the skill that I did to their Alexa app instead of them doing all of the steps I did to create the skill? Does amazon charge people for any of this, uploading the script to their site, using the skill etc I had to provide my credit card number on the one of the Amazon sites to do this, I think it was the developers site or aws, one of them. At what point does Amazon start charging you?

Thank You for taking the time to read this and any replies to help me out.

I went ahead and disabled all of my video add ons and just left covenant enabled and still have the same issue, when i tell alexa to play something it will show me the add ons i can choose from, since i disabled most of them now the only one on the list is Covenant, how can I get it to pick an add on automatically?
(2017-09-20, 02:39)djwest86 Wrote: Hello, I have setup my amazon echo with Kodi and it actually sends the command to kodi but i have a little problem and a few questions. In Kodi I am using the Xenon X7.3.1 build, when I tell Kodi for example "play the newest episode of the simpsons", alexa will then respond with the season and episode number. Kodi will then give me a list of add ons to play the video and i have to select one of them. I usually watch movies/TV shows in covenant, I changed the setting on the video add ons so it will auto play. Is there any way to make it where I don't have to select which add on to use and it will automatically play once alexa responds with the season and episode number?

First, this skill is not designed to interface with addons the way you're trying.

Second, please read the forum rules (wiki) -- specifically the section on banned addons (wiki). You are not permitted to discuss Exodus/Covenant on these forums. Nor can we (the skill devs) support it.

(2017-09-20, 02:39)djwest86 Wrote: I set this alexa skill with my Amazon Echo in my living room. If I have an amazon echo dot in my bedroom how would I set this up with the Kodi thats in my bedroom. Reason I'm asking is because when i run this command in Command Prompt "C:\Users\DJWEST\Desktop\kodialexa>C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy" it deploys the script once on the amazon website, would i need a second one where I can put the username, password, ip address, and port number for the Kodi in my room? I tried running the script a second time and it only replaced the one that was already there.

Read this section of the README.

(2017-09-20, 02:39)djwest86 Wrote: Last 2 questions, If I know someone that would like to set alexa up with their kodi, is there any way that I can send the skill that I did to their Alexa app instead of them doing all of the steps I did to create the skill?

You can share a deployment of the skill code, but be aware that you'll have to disable skill ID verification, so technically anyone that found it could control your Kodi devices.

You cannot share the interaction model, however. That part needs to be set up for every Amazon account that you'd like this to work with.

(2017-09-20, 02:39)djwest86 Wrote: Does amazon charge people for any of this, uploading the script to their site, using the skill etc I had to provide my credit card number on the one of the Amazon sites to do this, I think it was the developers site or aws, one of them. At what point does Amazon start charging you?

If you're outside of the first year, they do charge, but it's not much. If you're really concerned, you should look up Amazon's billing policies. They outline their costs in detail.
(2017-09-20, 02:50)djwest86 Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 16:19)Coolzero Wrote: Hi, i want to use the Slot Generator https://slot-generator.herokuapp.com , but i don' become a connection, it always shows me:
Code:

Thank you

@Coolzero - I was having the same issue when I first started. I have a dynamic IP address so I created an account using Dynu www.dynu.com, went back to the slot generator and added the URL i got from Dynu, along with port, username and password I set up in Kodi and I was able to see all of my slots.

Hi, i use a DynDNS to, but it don't work, everytime i get a
Code:
Please validate your server information and try again, loin from Mobile its not a Problem......
@Coolzero, I'm not really sure what to suggest. The form's input is pretty straightforward.

The first field (the address for Kodi) should be just the address; that is, no slashes, no protocols (HTTP://, etc), just the address, like so:

Code:
myhost.mydomain.org

The second field is just a port number -- no service names or alpha characters, e.g.:

Code:

Finally, ensure your Kodi username and password match what you input in Kodi itself.
Guys I'm having problems.

Everything worked fine for months, then my power went out, and now I can't for the life of me remember how to get things working again.

My IP address changed, so what commands do I do or what do I edit? I'm using AWS, and on a linux machine. Please if someone can help.
(2017-09-24, 03:36)kohr Wrote: Guys I'm having problems.

Everything worked fine for months, then my power went out, and now I can't for the life of me remember how to get things working again.

My IP address changed, so what commands do I do or what do I edit? I'm using AWS, and on a linux machine. Please if someone can help.

Either use a dyndns service or update your kodi.config file with the new IP and re-deploy.
(2017-09-20, 22:07)Coolzero Wrote:
(2017-09-20, 02:50)djwest86 Wrote:
Code:

Thank you

Hi, i use a DynDNS to, but it don't work, everytime i get a
Code:
Please validate your server information and try again, loin from Mobile its not a Problem......

I had exactly the same issue... could not get the generator to work regardless what I did. I know it was a "me" thing as intested with other setups.

In the end, I followed the configure pretending I was hosting at home... and just run the python script. If you follow the steps it's much easier than it looks and just works.
Can this be done with Kodi on new Fire Stick? with 2nd Gen Echo Dot? I just got that bundle. Would love to use this mechanism to play my own music collection
@crashnburn, yes, it works with Kodi on Fire TV stick + Echo Dot Smile
I've spent countless hours (and days) trying to get this thing to work.  I can't read or write code, but I thought I could follow simple directions, and the one's posted seemed simple enough.  I believe I've gotten pretty much everything in to be correct, yet when I test the command on the skills creation page, I get the following response: "There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 500 : Internal Server Error".  
I'm completely clueless at this, and don't know where to start to find what this means.  Can someone here please point me in a direction as to where to start?  Thank you VERY much!
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15