•   
  • 145(current)
[Release] Amazon Echo skill for Kodi
(2018-01-11, 13:26)taurus35 Wrote: jingai,

I got everything working great first time whcih I'm happy with.  I found when my library was scraped for the contents of the slots, the generator only returned a maximum of 100 items max for each slot, is that normal, a bug, or did I do something wrong? I have at least 2,500 movies in my Kodi library but only got 100 listed for the MOVIES slot.
Cheers.
It is normal, it only needs a sample of your data

I got everything working great first time whcih I'm happy with.  I found when my library was scraped for the contents of the slots, the generator only returned a maximum of 100 items max for each slot, is that normal, a bug, or did I do something wrong? I have at least 2,500 movies in my Kodi library but only got 100 listed for the MOVIES slot.
Cheers.
 The skill uses fuzzy matching to figure out what you're requesting.  The slots are merely examples, and don't need to contain every item you have in your library.
The language you select in the skill needs to match the language you chose on your Echo exactly.  So, for example, if your Echo is set to "English (Canada)", you need to also choose "English (Canada)" for the skill -- "English (US)" will _not_ work.

Further, this is all semi region-locked.  For example, if the geographical address on your Echo is in the EU, you cannot host the skill in "US East (N. Virginia)".  I believe in general you want to choose the hosting region that is closest to the geographical location of your Echo.

For hosting providers other than AWS (Heroku, etc), the region doesn't matter.  But the language you set in the skill model still must match the language you choose on your Echo device.
(2018-01-11, 17:00)jingai Wrote:

Cheers.
 The skill uses fuzzy matching to figure out what you're requesting.  The slots are merely examples, and don't need to contain every item you have in your library. 
 OK, thanks jingai.
Another quick question (feature request): Is there any way to automatically mute the volume of kodi when the command "Alexa ask/tell kodi....." is heard? With a surround sound system, it doesn't matter where I put my Alexa it is near to a speaker & I have to shout to one get it to recognise the Alexa command but once it's active it almost always picks up speach from the movie/TV show & carries out all sorts of strange operations & activating new skills Laugh
Cheers
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to mute Kodi when you say Alexa. I toyed with the idea of using an embedded device with a photocell to detect the light ring, or intercepting network traffic, but I just haven't had time to work on it.
(2018-01-11, 23:50)jingai Wrote: Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to mute Kodi when you say Alexa. I toyed with the idea of using an embedded device with a photocell to detect the light ring, or intercepting network traffic, but I just haven't had time to work on it.
 That's a shame.....can Kodi not be muted (or set kodi volume to zero) for a set time, say 5 seconds, as soon as the kodi skill is invoked & then returned to previous level? It doesn't matter if anything is playing or not, just set it to zero & then return. I'm sure it's not as easy as that Smile
Keep up the great work.
The best solution I have found so far is the Alexa remote. I have to admit, I would rather a Star Trek chest type communicator style, but this works for now!
The skill isn't "invoked" until you've already said your request.

It'd be possible to mute on a two step command, like:

"Alexa, open Kodi"

Kodi mutes

"pause"

but given the extra step and time (it's two commands for Alexa to process, and an extra two commands going to Kodi to mute and unmute), I'm personally more inclined to just use the remote for mute/pause if it's that loud in the room.

If people want this, I can look into it though.  One problem I can see right off the bat is if the user already had it muted, it would unmute after the new command is issued unless I first check the status of the volume.  Which means 3 commands sent to Kodi in addition to the command you really wanted to send.  Unless you're hosting locally, I don't think many would find this delay acceptable.
Hi everyone.

First of all thank you very much for the work. 

Almost anything is working perfectly for me.

Except pausing and resuming playback.

I'm using AWS and I'm using the skill in German.

If I say Alexa tell kodi to pause (In german of course), nothing happens and nothing appears in the alexa app. If I say alexa tell to kodi to resume it understands it as jump forward ("weiter vor" utterance)

Here is the AWS log for when I tell her to pause:

------

Strange thing is, that it does work if i enter pause in the test section of the skill. 

In the logs it shows then that it connects to my kodi machine, which it doesnt in the log above where I say it to alexa:

------

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?
Ok, I fixed it.

I had to add 

AMAZON.ResumeIntent

and 

AMAZON.PauseIntent

to the Utterances in the model
@dcdead be aware that you're overriding Amazon's own built-in utterances if you do that.  You definitely should not have to do this to make it work; if you do, I suspect it's a transient error in Amazon's modelling.

Pause/resume definitely work here with the language set to en_US.

If it works there for you, then it works.  But I wanted to make the comment so others don't simply start overriding all of the built-ins.  It shouldn't be necessary and probably will be fixed (by Amazon) soon if it's broken currently.
Hey Guys I´m tied to gut this skill to run, but I am stuck. Im am getting Error HTTP 500 Internal Server error. I tried reinstalling several times, but I sill have no luck.
"zappa tail dev" gives me:

Link for pastebin - log is to long
I am trying to get this skill working and I have gotten through 100% to this point and I have no idea how to set the endpoint...

"Enter your endpoint here. It will always be 
Code:
HTTPS
 and you should choose a region that is geographically close to you:"

Int he example on the git it shows an https:// a blacked out section and what appears to be execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws and it does not show.

Where do I get my version of this execute api link? I cannot locate it. I found an ARN link when looking around but not the api https link I should be using.

I think that is the last hurdle I have to get this working.

Also I had to add alexa skills kit when I put in a link that was bad to keep going through the configs, and had to add the skill id? Is that correct . it said I could not continue wihtout adding alexa skills kit....

Please give me some guidance on that endpoint link. I am using the us-east setting for another skill I have that works great, but I need the instructions on how to find or generate my execute-api link....
  •   
  • 145(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo skill for Kodi511