• 155(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
I'll try to get it done soon. In the meantime, I send you an email to see if I can get a copy of your kodi.config to diagnose what's going on.
So, after a few mails back and forth with m0ngr31, turns out to be something on my end I still haven't traced down the cause of. Tethered the PC to the mobile so I was completely outside of my network and everything went without a hitch. Working brilliantly now. Thank you again for maintaining the skill and for the additional help.
Having trouble deploying the kanzi skill.  I see the message "deploying slot data and intents" for a moment then it fails.  Last entries on macOS terminal are:
(check) Update slot values (X) Deploy skill   → Error deploying. Please try again
The resulting skill has 3 intents and 0 slots
Is there a log?
How else might I find the problem?
Thanks for any help.
Sorry, I still didn't have logging finished yet, but try this:

Code:

npm install -g [email protected]
cd kanzi
ask deploy -t model

That should tell us where the issue is.
(2018-04-28, 18:38)m0ngr31 Wrote: ask deploy -t model

Yes.  Seems I have two songs with same title generating duplicate slots.  Should be easy to fix tomorrow.
Thank you for the help.
Deleted duplicate.  Kanzi now deploys.  However it couldn't find most songs and had no response to "ask kanzi what's playing".  So, I deleted Library and added only three songs.  Deployed kanzi again.  Still can't play by song title.  Only can play recently added.  And still no response to "ask kanzi what's playing".  Response to "ask kanzi to play Overload" is "there was a problem with the requested skill's response."  Response to "ask kanzi to play Beautiful Life" is to play the song through the echo from Amazon.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Hello to you guys,

I have encountered 2 problems myself and i hope you can help me:
1. when i upload the zip file to aws in lambda section it says:
"The deployment package of your Lambda function "kanzi" is too large to enable inline code editing. However, you can still invoke your function right now." Is it an warning?
2. when i am deploying it says:
 "× Deploy skill
   → Error deploying. Please try again"

I have tried what said @m0ngr31 a post above and it returns something i didnt understand:

"C:\Users\Nation\Desktop\Kodi Alexa>npm install -g [email protected]
C:\Program Files\nodejs\ask -> C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\ask-cli\bin\ask.js
+ [email protected]
updated 1 package in 4.733s

C:\Users\Nation\Desktop\Kodi Alexa>CD kanzi

C:\Users\Nation\Desktop\Kodi Alexa\kanzi>ask deploy -t model
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

C:\Users\Nation\Desktop\Kodi Alexa\kanzi>"

Thank you for your help
NatioN
(2018-04-29, 15:40)jalperin Wrote: Deleted duplicate. Kanzi now deploys. However it couldn't find most songs and had no response to "ask kanzi what's playing". So, I deleted Library and added only three songs. Deployed kanzi again. Still can't play by song title. Only can play recently added. And still no response to "ask kanzi what's playing". Response to "ask kanzi to play Overload" is "there was a problem with the requested skill's response." Response to "ask kanzi to play Beautiful Life" is to play the song through the echo from Amazon.

My best guess on this one is that the new 'kanzi' invocation name doesn't have all the machine learning data behind it that 'kodi' did. It might take a while for it to pick up all the intents. If you want to try and deploy using the Kodi invocation name, you might have better luck.
(2018-04-30, 18:59)nation Wrote: Hello to you guys,

"The deployment package of your Lambda function "kanzi" is too large to enable inline code editing. However, you can still invoke your function right now." Is it an warning?
 "× Deploy skill

I have tried what said @m0ngr31 a post above and it returns something i didnt understand:

C:\Program Files\nodejs\ask -> C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\ask-cli\bin\ask.js
+ [email protected]

Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

Thank you for your help
NatioN
1. It's just saying that you can't edit it manually, but that's fine since you'll never have to do that.
2. Someone else had this issue and it seemed to resolve after they tried doing the deploy from a different computer. I'm not sure why it's doing it. If you have another computer, please try it on that one while I try and figure out why it's doing this.
Hi, im doing a fresh install but was a previous user.
All ok until deploying the skill where generation of slots seems to be failing. 

I will have duplicates and i seem to remember this was a problem for me last time. (wondering if i have the same issue as above post)
How can i proceed - i don't really want to hand-pick my music library finding the problem files.
Im not actually bothered about music control tbh.

Can see a huge amount of work has gone into this since first using it, so thanks for your time & dedication to this project!

√ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old repo code
 √ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old repo code
 √ Download latest source code
 √ Extract source code
 √ Extract source code - Part 2
 √ Update skill data
 × Update slot values
   → Kodi server configuration settings are wrong. Please double-check kodi.config to make sure it is setup properly.
   Deploy skill

EDIT: - Ive clearly missed a step, says: [Error]: Cannot find skill ID to deploy the model to.
I gave it the skill id i had set up before, but also can't find where you say to create the skill id in the documentaiton
Feel like i've missed a step ?!?
You'll want to start clean. I'd remove the exisiting kodi skill and kanzi directory and start clean
Thanks again m0ngr31 

"If you want to try and deploy using the Kodi invocation name, you might have better luck."

How would that be done?
Hi, I want to convince my parents to buy the Amazon Echo Dot for me. But my parents want to know with which products are compatible in this device. I found some compatible products under devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-dot-1st-generation/841667112367 

However, I would be very grateful to you if you would help me with a complete list of compatible products as I have to convince my parents of the purchase. 

Thanks
(2018-04-30, 23:28)m0ngr31 Wrote:
(2018-04-29, 15:40)jalperin Wrote: Deleted duplicate. Kanzi now deploys. However it couldn't find most songs and had no response to "ask kanzi what's playing". So, I deleted Library and added only three songs. Deployed kanzi again. Still can't play by song title. Only can play recently added. And still no response to "ask kanzi what's playing". Response to "ask kanzi to play Overload" is "there was a problem with the requested skill's response." Response to "ask kanzi to play Beautiful Life" is to play the song through the echo from Amazon.

My best guess on this one is that the new 'kanzi' invocation name doesn't have all the machine learning data behind it that 'kodi' did. It might take a while for it to pick up all the intents. If you want to try and deploy using the Kodi invocation name, you might have better luck.
(2018-04-30, 18:59)nation Wrote: Hello to you guys,

"× Deploy skill

+ [email protected]

Thank you for your help
NatioN
1. It's just saying that you can't edit it manually, but that's fine since you'll never have to do that.
2. Someone else had this issue and it seemed to resolve after they tried doing the deploy from a different computer. I'm not sure why it's doing it. If you have another computer, please try it on that one while I try and figure out why it's doing this. 
I have already tried woth another computer same result. The second one was my laptop in the same network, behind the same firewall.
I will try tomorrow from another network.
(2018-05-01, 13:30)darzel Wrote: Hi, I want to convince my parents to buy the Amazon Echo Dot for me. But my parents want to know with which products are compatible in this device. I found some compatible products under devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-dot-1st-generation/841667112367 

However, I would be very grateful to you if you would help me with a complete list of compatible products as I have to convince my parents of the purchase. 

Thanks

Any Alexa device will work with this skill. I'm using it on a thermostat.

(2018-05-01, 03:22)jalperin Wrote: Thanks again m0ngr31

"If you want to try and deploy using the Kodi invocation name, you might have better luck."

How would that be done?

If you have the latest version of the cli, when you deploy, it will give you the option of invocation name.
I released an update to the cli. It should hopefully get rid of of the duplicate issues and it has error logging now:

bash:
npm upgrade -g lexigram-cli
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15