• 164(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
I am moving from the Kodi-Alexa to Lexigram and cant' get it to launch. Errors state:

$ lexigram login

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/debug/src/node.js:132
        let val = process.env[key];
        ^^^

SyntaxError: Block-scoped declarations (let, const, function, class) not yet sup                   ported outside strict mode
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:387:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:422:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:357:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:367:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:16:19)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules                   /debug/src/index.js:9:19)
    at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.                   js:5:16
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules                   /simple-git/src/git.js:1563:2)

Any ideas how to fix? Thanks
(2018-10-06, 16:27)Xtropy Wrote: I am moving from the Kodi-Alexa to Lexigram and cant' get it to launch. Errors state:

$ lexigram login

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/debug/src/node.js:132
        let val = process.env[key];
        ^^^

SyntaxError: Block-scoped declarations (let, const, function, class) not yet sup                   ported outside strict mode
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:387:25)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules                   /debug/src/index.js:9:19)
    at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.                   js:5:16
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules                   /simple-git/src/git.js:1563:2)

Any ideas how to fix? Thanks

Fixed it with:

$  sudo n stable
Is there a solution to this

lexigram deploy kanzi -> Error

× Update slot values
   → Kodi server configuration settings are wrong. Please double-check kodi.config to make sure it is setup properly.
   Deploy Skill

Error Log
Error: Error talking to Kodi.

kodi.conf
scheme   = http
address  = xxxxxxxxxx.myfritz.net
port     = 2340

Thanks
Hi, I used this skill when it was first introduced and wanted to try again. When I try to use the heroku deployment, I am told by the program that my python version is not correct. I tried on a computer with a new python build and got the same error about python 2.7.14 and I have 2.7.15 installed. Can you help me out?
EDIT

I got it to work! I miss this skill!!! Thanks for creating an awesome skill!
Hey everyone so a bit of a hicup when i put in lexigram init-config I get - EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Program Files\nodejs\kodi.config'  there is no .config file in that directory either. I did log into dev account fine ask me to allow permission I said allow.

Any help guys and gals would be awesome!!
Hello all,

Fairly new to this and looking for a spot of help. I'm trying to install going off a "How to Geek" post, (seen here). I've issued the "zappa init" command and it's asking what the modular path to my app's function. I have no idea. any suggestions?
(2018-10-31, 21:28)bruceybizzit Wrote: Hello all,

Fairly new to this and looking for a spot of help. I'm trying to install going off a "How to Geek" post, (seen here). I've issued the "zappa init" command and it's asking what the modular path to my app's function. I have no idea. any suggestions?
I tried again with the lexigram version. Made it further (I think) but now stuck at "lexigram deploy kanzi" where it returns an error of "Update slot values"
kodi server configuration settings are wrong. please double check kodi.config... Deploy skill

My understanding (which certainly could be wrong) that the only things you add to the kodi config are skill id (arn #), port,  address (dynamic ip), username and adress. is this correct? any suggestions?
any luck with this?
(2018-11-01, 06:00)bruceybizzit Wrote:
Quote:Fairly new to this and looking for a spot of help. I'm trying to install going off a "How to Geek" post, (seen here). I've issued the "zappa init" command and it's asking what the modular path to my app's function. I have no idea. any suggestions?
I tried again with the lexigram version. Made it further (I think) but now stuck at "lexigram deploy kanzi" where it returns an error of "Update slot values"
kodi server configuration settings are wrong. please double check kodi.config... Deploy skill

My understanding (which certainly could be wrong) that the only things you add to the kodi config are skill id (arn #), port,  address (dynamic ip), username and adress. is this correct? any suggestions? 
I've gotten even further (I believe) i've passed the slot issue but on deployment i get, "error deploying. please try again"

error log returns this (I tried putting it in the link but Im unsure if it did anything)

::: 2018-11-01 10:20:19 :::
Error: Command failed: C:\Users\bizzit\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\lexigram-cli\dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
Call update-skill error.
Error code: 404
{
  "message": "Resource not found."
}

-------------------- Update Skill Project --------------------
  |  Updating skill...  |  skill status checking...  /  Updating skill...  /  skill status checking...  -  Updating skill...  -  skill status checking...  \  Updating skill...
(2018-10-10, 03:41)DM8871 Wrote: Is there a solution to thislexigram deploy kanzi -> Error

× Update slot values
   → Kodi server configuration settings are wrong. Please double-check kodi.config to make sure it is setup properly.
   Deploy Skill

Error LogError: Error talking to Kodi.kodi.conf
scheme   = http
address  = xxxxxxxxxx.myfritz.net
port     = 2340

Thanks

there should be username and password as well
OK, I recently got Kodi (and Tiny Media Manager to clean up my movies/TV shows) and my library is flawless. I then got an Echo Dot and wanted to control my Kodi with it, so I started following this really involved walkthrough involving Python, Zappa, etc. and it began giving me errors 3/4 of the way through it. I then find the Lexigram page and try out those instructions. Maybe it's just me, but the instructions seem to be for people who understand what they're doing lol. I completed them to the end (taking guesses at some points because not every step was explained) and I now have the Kanzi skill listed on developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/ask, but my echo dot does not recognize the skill.

I set up a Developer account (I think lol), added a user with admin rights, installed NVM, made it to the CLI and logged in to Amazon, which gave me a token...I'm just lost now. Is their a step-by-step walkthrough or does anyone have any idea where I went wrong? I consider myself very tech savvy but I think I missed a step.

When I say, "Alexa, ask Kodi to play Clerks 2"
Alexa repsonds with, "Getting Clerks 2 from provider...sorry provider is having trouble."

Should I see Kanzi in my Alexa skills list or do I need a video skill installed? When I install my FireTV Stick 4k on my TV, I realize I will need to install the FireTV skill, but I currently have Kodi on my Windows 10 PC, which is connected to my TV and that's the Kodi device I'm trying to control. I am using a Dynamic DNS client and I can control my Kodi via the web interface on a public IP, so I'm pretty sure my router ports are forwarded correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT (Progress): I went into the Alexa Dev Console and went into Test Mode with my Kanzi skill. When I ask, "Ask Kodi Player to play the movie Alien," the Skill I/O JSON Input window recognizes the question, and even matches two movies correctly from my movie collection, but says, "There was a problem with the requested skills response." I feel like I'm really close now if anyone can give me a nudge.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: While receiving ZERO responses to this post the past few days, I was forced to learn something. After looking at the Cloudwatch logs, I noticed it was not recognizing my S3 bucket name from kodi.config. I originally had the entire 'arn:aws...kodicache-xxxxxxxxxxx' in there, and realized I just needed the 'kodicache-xxxxxxxxxxxx' part. The Alexa simulator now finds my movies and says it is playing them!!!!
How can I translate kanzi to work in Spanish?
(2018-09-17, 14:15)bisca330 Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 14:19)drizzt09 Wrote: Have you tried cleaning your library and rebuilding it?
Hello drizzt09,

My library works perfectly. And frankly I do not have time to test this solution for the moment.
What I would possibly do is create another library on another Raspberry or on a new Micro SD Card. It's possible that my current configuration of Kodi with the use of playlists is not very compatible with Kanzi.

But thanks anyway for your answer.

Micky 
 He's talking about the Kanzi commands, "Ask Kanzi to clean Library" and "Ask Kanzi to update library" which will update your movie list on the cache server I believe. I had problems with it onlly finding certain movies and after I issued the update command, all my movies were found.
I'm having issues deploying the final skill, am I missing something?
Quote:lexigram deploy kanzi

[1] Kanzi
[2] Kodi
[0] CANCEL

What would you like your invocation name to be? [1, 2, 0]: 1
 â Check config file
 â Validate config file
 â Check skill directory
 â Remove old repo code
 â Download latest source code
 â Extract source code
 â Extract source code - Part 2
 â Update skill data
 â Update slot values
 â Deploy skill
  â Error deploying. Please try again
Quote:cat errorlog.txt
::: 2018-11-22 04:11:49 :::
Error: Command failed: /home/panni/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t model
Call update-model error.
Error code: 404
{
  "message": "Resource not found."
}

Thank you!
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15