• 171(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2019-10-16, 14:59)RodinMe Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 22:59)eurekabeacon Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 13:14)RodinMe Wrote: I took a look at your kodi.config file.  I assume that you're trying to set up kanzi, not koko (because there's no referral to a proxy.)  I also see that you're not trying to use a cache.  So the setup is very basic.  The error says that the problem occurs in transmission.  I think it could be with either the lambda function or your kodi setup.  I suspect it's the latter.

I assume that you have a dns name for your outside IP?  Try using your kodi box using a web browser and the dns name rather than your inside IP address or name.  Also, double check the kodi settings as shown on the lexigram instructions here:  https://lexigr.am/docs/getting-started.html, particularly making sure that you've included the remote control settings to "On", found at Settings ->  Service -> Control -> Application -> Allow remote control. 

Kodi is accessible via web browser. I’ve verified all the settings you suggested. Could this have something to do with the fact that I didn’t assign a skill ID?  
You don't need a skill ID.  (I've never used them.)  The only thing the skill ID does is to limit the skill to a particular Alexa box.

Your problem is with the Lambda function.  The error is only telling you that the function didn't provide a valid HTTP response.  Take a look at, and maybe post, the CloudWatch log from the failed function. 
Here is what the CloudWatch logs say:

START RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63 Version: $LATEST

Unable to import module 'lambda_function': No module named lambda_function

END RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63

REPORT RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63 Duration: 0.46 ms Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 256 MB Max Memory Used: 43 MB Init Duration: 0.93 ms
XRAY TraceId: 1-5d7ca5b7-17977dae5e9b1abd531580e3 SegmentId: 78361b63475ff749 Sampled: false

START RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a Version: $LATEST

END RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a

REPORT RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a Duration: 0.41 ms Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 256 MB Max Memory Used: 43 MB
XRAY TraceId: 1-5d7ca5b7-1a988cd88a9fc4b0c27c6491 SegmentId: 6e3a5e2426573d84 Sampled: false
(2019-11-05, 08:10)eurekabeacon Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 14:59)RodinMe Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 22:59)eurekabeacon Wrote: Kodi is accessible via web browser. I’ve verified all the settings you suggested. Could this have something to do with the fact that I didn’t assign a skill ID?  
You don't need a skill ID.  (I've never used them.)  The only thing the skill ID does is to limit the skill to a particular Alexa box.

Your problem is with the Lambda function.  The error is only telling you that the function didn't provide a valid HTTP response.  Take a look at, and maybe post, the CloudWatch log from the failed function.  
Here is what the CloudWatch logs say:

START RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63 Version: $LATEST

END RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63

REPORT RequestId: 4d76ce75-4283-4b88-a5d9-8b017acadb63 Duration: 0.46 ms Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 256 MB Max Memory Used: 43 MB Init Duration: 0.93 ms
XRAY TraceId: 1-5d7ca5b7-17977dae5e9b1abd531580e3 SegmentId: 78361b63475ff749 Sampled: false

START RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a Version: $LATEST

END RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a

REPORT RequestId: c670ff9c-180f-4a45-ac1d-98721477525a Duration: 0.41 ms Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 256 MB Max Memory Used: 43 MB
XRAY TraceId: 1-5d7ca5b7-1a988cd88a9fc4b0c27c6491 SegmentId: 6e3a5e2426573d84 Sampled: false

I figured out that the "Handler" under the "Function Code" section where you upload the zip file needs to be "alexa.lambda_handler" and not "lambda_function.lambda_handler". All is working now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I've been trying for the past few days to get this going. I've started over several times and get the same error. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Here is my error from the log when I try to deploy the skill. Using AWS Lambda.

Error: Command failed: /storage/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t model
[Error]: Invalid response for interactionModel status from get-skill-status request.
Having trouble. I uploaded the zip file to AWS Lambda Management Console. When I run the "Lexigram deploy Kanzi" it gets as far as "Deploying skill" and this just spins and spins with no outcome. I left it running for several hours with no.

Why is this happening?

Thanks!
I've been able to get everything to work with video (movies and TV shows launch great!) but I haven't been able to get music to work.  No matter what I ask, I always get "There was a problem with the requested skills response".  Can anybody help or provide some direction?  I've included the log below.

https://paste.kodi.tv/wecobujeku.kodi
Been playing with this for awhile trying to get it to work, I did search thru this thread and couldn't find anything to help me. when I do the deploying step it gets update slot values and I get this message - error deploying please try again. I read over this thread and say someone post to try

cd kanzi
npm install -g [email protected]
ask deploy -t skill
ask deploy -t model

when I do ask deploy -t skill I get
Call update-model error.
Error code: 404
{
  "message": "Resource not found."

when I do ask deploy -t model I get
  /  Updating skill...Call update-skill error.
Error code: 404
{
  "message": "Resource not found."

I followed the setup carefully so I'm not sure where I went wrong, and idea how to fix it? I'm re-reading the instructions again to see if I maybe missed a step, but I don't think I did.

*EDIT*

I made a few changes and got both of the ask commands to run successfully,  so I re ran generate-function and re-uploaded the zip and ran deploy again, it errored out at error deploying please try again. So I ran ask -t skill and copied the skill ID and put it in the config, re-ran the generate-function, uploaded it and ran deploy. "error deploying please try again"

I don't know what else to try.
Hello, amazing skill and very easy to setup. Thanks for that but now, i have a hard time telling kodi to do much, i can navigate in french but i have no clue about how to resume a movie after selecting it. kodi shows the choice between resume and play from beginning but what is he expecting as commande to resume ? I tried, ok, play, start, démarre, joue, it doesn’t seem to get anywhere.

FYI, my kodi is set to english but I’m talking to alexa in french so may be Kodi is expecting to receive english commands, i don’t know, you tell me. May be there is a list of the basic commands available in french somewhere ?,

i didn’t even bother asking him for a specific movie yet. I just want to play, pause, skip or go back.

Thanks
Nevermind, i went to the build and looked at all the commands available. Nice job 👍🏻
Hi guys
I am Brazilian and now we have Alexa in portuguese.
How can I use Kanzi in Alexa portuguese ( I need install in my custom Skill in portuqueses account)
How can I contribuite to allow portuguese in Kanzi.

Thanks and have nice new Year.
I have this working with one Kodi player. I see that there is support for multiple kodi's. I am wondering how we specify which kodi to play on. My intent is to say something like:
Alexa, tell kodi to play some show on living room tv

Is this possible ^^

Currently it looks like it is deciding which player to play on based on which alexa its coming from.

Also we use PVR a lot. Does this work with PVR? I seem to be only able to accesss TV and Shows that are in my library
(2019-12-28, 00:37)skarragallagher Wrote: Currently it looks like it is deciding which player to play on based on which alexa its coming from.

This is correct, you can set the skill to control a specific Kodi instance based on which Echo device sent the request. 

It isn't possible to "ask kodi to play blah blah in the living room". I guess you could deploy multiple versions of the skill with different names, then you could say "ask kodi living room to play blah blah"
might be a stupid question but where is this lexigram init-config file I downloaded located so I can enter the necessary entries?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Question 
(2020-01-06, 22:42)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: might be a stupid question but where is this lexigram init-config file I downloaded located so I can enter the necessary entries?

You beat me to it, I was just about to post asking the exact same question...
ok I think i figured out where the file needed to go but now when I ask to play a tiltle it says getting x title from provider, then sorry provider is having trouble. not sure what logs are needed to look into this further.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I think I have also worked it out. To help anyone else just starting this adventure here is what the Tutorial assumes you know...

The command lexigram init-config pulls down the file kodi.config and puts in the folder your Command Prompt or Windows Powershell window is pointing to. For me by default that folder is c:\windows\system32
I changed my powershell window to point to my lexigram-cli folder using the cd command and then ran the
lexigram init-config command. This placed the kodi.config file between the two skill files in that folder.
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15