Looking for help understanding Kodi Log and lockup procedures
I posted a thread yesterday and it got moved to garbage/rule violation because it involved "illegal addons". I didn't ask anything about any particular addon(s). I simply asked for general help in understanding the best way to resolve two issues.

1- how to understand what is shown in a kodi log file with the goal of simply determining if a problem exists with my box, my internet or if its caused by a remote server.
2 - I would like to know how to resolve kodi or my box locking up. I don't like a hard boot on any electronic device/computer and would like to know if there is a soft boot - system reset key sequence or procedure.

In response to my post yesterday,I was asked where the situation was occurring and I gave an honest answer. I have no idea that any sites are illegal. Two weeks ago I didn't even know about these boxes. Some friends asked me to help them with theirs and when I asked, I was told that it was completely legal and above board. Nothing in any research I have done mentions any illegality. When I found my post was closed and went to your site rules, I could not determine what you consider legal or illegal. When I look at the Kodi menu, offering music and video addons, isn't the whole thing illegal by your standards? If not, if there are both legal and illegal addons, why would the Kodi software people not include code in the software to prevent people from accessing the illegal ones?

I'm not asking for anything illegal. I'm asking for general help in understanding a supposedly reputable software product. If I experienced these problems with any other piece of software I would do exactly the same thing.
(2016-01-02, 02:47)horhota Wrote: I posted a thread yesterday and it got moved to garbage/rule violation because it involved "illegal addons". I didn't ask anything about any particular addon(s).

Yes you did. You specifically mentioned two banned add-ons that stream pirated content. You're having problems with those add-ons, and you aren't going to get support for them from this forum.
It would be difficult for anyone to help you when you have illegal add-ons in your box. The simple reason is that what if your problem manifests by the illegal add-ons ? No one would waste time to look into your log only to find out that yours is just a garden variety issue with banned add-ons.
We provide no support for any installation contaminated with banned add-ons (wiki), even if they are not the specific thing being asked about. If they are in the log, the thread gets binned, those are the forum rules (wiki).

Several of them are so badly written that they screw up how Kodi works at a deep level, breaking things.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-02, 04:01)Mike_xbmc Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 02:47)horhota Wrote: I posted a thread yesterday and it got moved to garbage/rule violation because it involved "illegal addons". I didn't ask anything about any particular addon(s).

Yes you did. You specifically mentioned two banned add-ons that stream pirated content. You're having problems with those add-ons, and you aren't going to get support for them from this forum.
I only mentioned those add-ons when requested, as the first examples I could think of. The problem with the log happened with all kinds of videos - I used those two names because I thought they were the most common and easiest to debug.
Read my comment above - systems with any banned add-ons (wiki) installed get no support here, even if the issue isn't seemingly related to them.

We do not support piracy or anyone who decides to do so by using such crap.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for help understanding Kodi Log and lockup procedures0