Anyone successfully using Playon with PTV Live?
https://youtu.be/FfvHUFBrCBc

video of the entire process found in the log
happening on multiple setups.. same thing with brand new install and only PTVL and Playon Browser installed
I am having issues with playon as well. I think I found the problem for mine though. I am trying to use playon to view the live channels. I add them through the channel configuration and choose PlayOn as the plugin and add the live channel. Everything looks good and then after a while when I am in PTVL watching a channel from my pvr backend all of the sudden it starts trying to load up another channel then flashes to the Kodi Video addons menu while trying over and over again to load a channel and failing in the background. I'm basically locked up. Here's what I found out. I added a love channel. Lets use FX Now for an example. I click on plugin and choose Playon then click through it to add the path. Movies & TV-> FX Now-> Live TV -> and this last part is where it gets tricky. With most of the channels, I click through all of that and then the last option to click on is something like Live TV. FX Now though shows what's actually currently on in the title. So clicking through looks like Movies & TV-> FX Now-> Live TV ->Eastern: Mike and Molly-"Mike and Molly"" If I add that channel then go watch it I think it works but oncethat show is over and another show comes on is when that weird crap of trying to load in the background happens. And here's what the setting2.xml file looks like for that channel.
<setting id="Channel_15_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_15_time" value="174" />
<setting id="Channel_15_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?nametree=FXNow%2FLive+TV%2FEastern%3A+Mike+and+Molly+-+%22Valentine%27s+Piggyback%22+Ep.15+Sn.2&parenthref=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Dfxnow-befdf780a855425799b013a419b91ff4&href=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Dfxnow-d07d22997778459cba31c493b02a559a&mode=video&foldername=Eastern%3A+Mike+and+Molly+-+%22Valentine%27s+Piggyback%22+Ep.15+Sn.2" />
<setting id="Channel_15_2" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_15_3" value="50" />
<setting id="Channel_15_4" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_opt_1" value="Eastern: Mike and Molly -" />
<setting id="Channel_15_changed" value="True" />

See what I am getting at? How do I put the Eastern part in there (since FX Now has multiple live channels) but leave the show name off? Is there like a wildcard or something I can manually add in place of the show title? Thanks.
So, has anyone actually managed to get a live TV stream from PlayOn to work as a channel in PTVL?
nope
LiveTV works for me in PTVL using the playon browser plugin
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-03-13, 07:07)Lunatixz Wrote: LiveTV works for me in PTVL using the playon browser plugin

Hopefully when I get the powerline Ethernet setup going ill be able to finally stream live channels.

I haven't tried the pseudo, playon combo. was playmark one of the functionalities added ?

and can playmark be used within the pseudo?

I want to set this up in krypton. I'm waiting for the powerline Ethernet though, should have it by friday
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Has anyone at all figured out a way to make this work? I tried it months ago and it didn't work, and I come back to try it everytime I see an update but still broken I guess. Having OTA and Live Playone channels in one guide is the only reason I could see myself using this but can't get any help. I'm looking for some help from someone who actually has it up and running and not a moderator,the developer of ptvl, or even someone who has a lot of experience with it but hasn't tried exactly this. I only get "Read the Guides" from them. I'm looking for someone who is able to watch the live feeds from playon in the PTVL addon and do things like restart the PC and everything still works or watch something like TBS and then come back and watch TBS a couple hours later and it still works. Anyone successfully doing these things will understand what I am referring to. Thanks.
Ill let you know Friday. I'm not even gonna try with my playon server running on wifi. I have a clean install of Kodi with no addons enabled. If my powerline Ethernet gets here sooner ill try it then
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Thanks tornicade and I appreciate it. I think my biggest issue is the live channels that have the name of the current show in the title. I started with these and they fail so I haven't tested the normal ones yet to see if they are failing too but I can tell you this. I add a live tv playon channel with the show title in the name. For example, If you add TBS from playon it actually shows up like tbs: Cougartown . Once I added it I started up PTVL and clicked on that channel and about 2 min of loading and it popped up and started playing fine. So a few hours later, when cougartown was not on anymore, I started PTVL and it started playing channel 1 which is the only other channel I always add. Its a channel from my HDHomeRun that I add to the first channel so PTVL doesn't freak out when I start it up and it looks for a channel to start playing. But when I click on the tbs:cougartown channel, it churned for a while and said working in the bottom right corner and then does nothing. So, back to square one. I posted like nearly 6 paragraphs of questions some time ago and just got a "all your answers can be found by using the search in the forum" line. <-- (read that in a nasally voice). so any help would be great. Thoughts? Revelations?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone successfully using Playon with PTV Live?0