Artist thumb/fanart reset when adding more albums
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to KODI so I don't have in-depth knowledge on the scraping process, database attributes etc. What I can say is that DaveBlake is right, The WatchDog addon scrapes automatically based on filesystem changes (adding or deleting media/folders). When it comes to the "fetch additional info" setting I've tried both with and without setting enabled, with same result.

Comparing scraping of music to scraping of TV series something is obviously different: If I i.e. set custom artwork on a TV show the TV show artwork remains regardless of how many new episodes or seasons I add to the show. Imo this is the only behavior that makes sense on music & artists as well:
1) If an album of a new artist is added scraping should download artist info + default artist thumbnail/artwork
2) If an album of an existing artist is added scraping should only download album info + album artwork, and leave artist info + artwork untouched

Such a behavior will give the user more control and generate less load & traffic. Meanwhile I believe my current best solution to the issue I raised is:
1) Use MediaElch to scrape & download local artist artwork, to ensure the artwork I want per artist remains
2) Use KODI to scrape new albums, since MediaElch does not inspect id tags
(2016-01-21, 11:39)PushPull Wrote: Comparing scraping of music to scraping of TV series something is obviously different: If I i.e. set custom artwork on a TV show the TV show artwork remains regardless of how many new episodes or seasons I add to the show. Imo this is the only behavior that makes sense on music & artists as well:
1) If an album of a new artist is added scraping should download artist info + default artist thumbnail/artwork
2) If an album of an existing artist is added scraping should only download album info + album artwork, and leave artist info + artwork untouched

I agree with you, other than scraping doesn't download art, just sets the links for later download. But I don't think I have ever seen the artist scraper run just because a new album is added if the artist exists in the db. Or maybe the artist scraper isn't running but the current art for the artist is getting reset? I don't think anything in the debug log will show that. I will put together some test cases to look at.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist thumb/fanart reset when adding more albums0