[split] XBMC xx.x for VidOn + MINIX Android
(2016-01-06, 01:08)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 00:50)opeters Wrote: Sorry not gonna do that on my equipment. There should be another way to test this.
F*** it, ordered it to try myself (will have it by Friday). Had ordered and cancelled, but we need more testers on this. If it's a POS, it's Amazon with easy returns, so no risk.
This has almost become like taking one for the team on a regular basis now !

Its needed though to cut through all the 3D BS marketing hype, untruths, and outright lies some media player sellers come out with so we ALL thank you for that.

(2016-01-06, 00:48)opeters Wrote: When I do that the cursor appears on the top side. Like this:Mouse Arrow all the way down..
Oops...I think rest of the instructions didn't quite make it out of my brain. I actually wanted you to compare it with the VidOn box. It looks like it is actually @hdmkv who has the VidOn box. May be we will have to wait until he gets the Tronsmart S95 to do this comparison.

I find this only with Top/Bottom output. I do not see this on frame packing output mode on the RPi2. @popcornmix had mentioned that the GUI is always in SBS format, but I don't know whether the cursor is also in that GUI layer. So, I am not even sure whether this observation is any relevant.
(2016-01-06, 09:27)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 00:48)opeters Wrote: When I do that the cursor appears on the top side. Like this:Mouse Arrow all the way down..
Oops...I think rest of the instructions didn't quite make it out of my brain. I actually wanted you to compare it with the VidOn box. It looks like it is actually @hdmkv who has the VidOn box. May be we will have to wait until he gets the Tronsmart S95 to do this comparison.

I find this only with Top/Bottom output. I do not see this on frame packing output mode on the RPi2. @popcornmix had mentioned that the GUI is always in SBS format, but I don't know whether the cursor is also in that GUI layer. So, I am not even sure whether this observation is any relevant.

The GUI being in HSBS format on the Pi / Pi 2 may be because the Pi hardware (or Kodi?) doesn't support a 3840x1080 or 1920x2160/2205 frame buffer to render the GUI (with 3D cleverness)?
We have forwarded this question to Amlogic and we are waiting for their answer.
Why we need to let Amlogic deal with this issue?
Now we know that HiSilicon and Allwinner said clearly that they absolutely support frame-packed 3D output, so our VidOn Box absolutely outputs frame-packed 3D. But on Amlogic, we can sure that we don't do any compress and Amlogic also told us that they don't do any compress too, so the picture is 1920*1080, that's no problem, unless they lied.
You should know that whether it's frame-packed output or not, it's the work of the display output module of the under-layer hardware, it's not the work of XBMC, not the upper-layer software.
What I can say is that (again) we don't compress the picture and Amlogic also said they don't compress the picture too, so the two pictures we output are full 1920*1080, not half-resolution. We do our work based on the hardware.
Of course you can keep guessing...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] XBMC xx.x for VidOn + MINIX Android0