Visualization testing framework?
I'm considering developing a visualization for Karaoke files (cdg) and would like to know if there is a way, during dev/test, to just launch the visualization/player without having to load the entire Kodi app, navigate, etc. Sort of like unit testing.

Anyone?
there is no such app. one would be welcome, i started on something many moons but i cannot seem to find it now (probably on an old laptop). it's a bit involved as the screensavers/visualizations can use all of the addon callbacks, so such an app would also have to provide these..

it's not too bad though. since the visualizations are shared objects, you simply enter / exit fullscreen with music playing to reload.
that being said, i don't think the appoach is necessarily the best way to do cdg.

ffmpeg can decode cdg. there needs to be some code to sync to the audio, but the decoder is available.
testing with ffplay i also had some framerate issues but that's likely related to its sync code (probably wants to sync to the audio timestamps..)

there's an abandoned pull request on github for a simple ffmpeg based video player that was intended for this use. i'd try to reawaken that one.
Thanks for your reply..Its really useful for me.
Thanks & Regards..
QTP Training in Chennai | Software Testing Training in Chennai | Selenium Training in Chennai
(2016-01-06, 15:13)thetazzbot Wrote: I'm considering developing a visualization for Karaoke files (cdg) and would like to know if there is a way, during dev/test, to just launch the visualization/player without having to load the entire Kodi app, navigate, etc. Sort of like unit testing.

Anyone?

The "correct" testing approach would be to decouple your drawing logic from the DirectX or OpenGL calls, so you can mock the latter out (and as another use case, use the same business logic either for DirectX or OpenGL).

You don't want to test if DirectX or OpenGL is working correctly - that is Microsoft's job. You also want your device initialization code to be written and tested only once (and then reused), so a manual test of that part should be affordable. If you want to test that part automatically, too, use your pixel-by-pixel approach, but with a very simple test drawing. Thus focus on writing automated regressionhttps://onlineitguru.com/tableau-training.html tests for your decoupled drawing logic, that will bring you the most benefit.
So the whole idea is to split your code into really independent components - your DirectX initialization should not be coupled to the drawing logic, and the drawing logic should not depend on DirectX - this makes your program testable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization testing framework?0