• 7(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Awesome script btw. I have barely been on these forums but I felt compelled to say that you are doing a great job. I didn't know about joox before using your script but now I love it. It's an amazing site and extends the use of my xbmc all that much more since I now have on demand tv basically. stage6 divx cannot compare to a lot of the crappy youtube-type quality versions.

I can't wait for a more complete version I will be updating as soon as it's released. Unfortunately the xbox cannot handle python threads very well I guess and it runs uber slow at some points to the point where my girlfriend thinks it stops working. I had to use b3 since b4 was a bit too unresponsive- joox didn't seem to work at all.

I've also noticed that with the streaming avi files from joox, they don't allow me to fast foward or rewind. But I think that's how streaming avi files function.
funkydude101 Wrote:Awesome script btw. I have barely been on these forums but I felt compelled to say that you are doing a great job. I didn't know about joox before using your script but now I love it. It's an amazing site and extends the use of my xbmc all that much more since I now have on demand tv basically. stage6 divx cannot compare to a lot of the crappy youtube-type quality versions.

I can't wait for a more complete version I will be updating as soon as it's released. Unfortunately the xbox cannot handle python threads very well I guess and it runs uber slow at some points to the point where my girlfriend thinks it stops working. I had to use b3 since b4 was a bit too unresponsive- joox didn't seem to work at all.

I've also noticed that with the streaming avi files from joox, they don't allow me to fast foward or rewind. But I think that's how streaming avi files function.
Thanks for the compliments. I am aware of the responsiveness problems. For Joox.net they are related to both the heavy loads on the Joox.net server and to the thread problem in XBMC. I have made things a bit more stable for B5, but that one is still in internal testing. But I will probably release it somewhere this week.
funkydude101 Wrote:I've also noticed that with the streaming avi files from joox, they don't allow me to fast foward or rewind. But I think that's how streaming avi files function.

I dont think thats true, as the other Joox script fast forwards and rewinds OK.
alanchiz Wrote:I dont think thats true, as the other Joox script fast forwards and rewinds OK.
If that's true, the reason should be the selected player core. You can select the core with a constant passed to the play command.

Are there any plans on porting this to the new xbmc folder plugin feature? Would be great to have that alternative!
I am not sure what I am doing wrong:

'uitzendinggemist' website lists 'zomergasten' here:
http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/index.php...0f35c17074

but when I look for it in beta4 I can not find it, not in the search function also.

I updated from beta4 by deleting the 'uitzendinggemist' directory in scripts completely and copying the new script.

I feel like doing something wrong but can not find it...
thanks
fl
terminalx Wrote:I am not sure what I am doing wrong:

'uitzendinggemist' website lists 'zomergasten' here:
http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/index.php...0f35c17074

but when I look for it in beta4 I can not find it, not in the search function also.

I updated from beta4 by deleting the 'uitzendinggemist' directory in scripts completely and copying the new script.

I feel like doing something wrong but can not find it...
thanks
fl
Don't worry. You are not doing anything wrong. It is the http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl website. If you do a search for 'zomergasten' there, you will not find it either. That is why UZG won't find it. It is just not indexed right at their website. Nothing I can do about that.
Unbehagen Wrote:If that's true, the reason should be the selected player core. You can select the core with a constant passed to the play command.

Are there any plans on porting this to the new xbmc folder plugin feature? Would be great to have that alternative!

Well, it looks nice. But at this moment, I am very busy in real life. I will release a 3.0b this weekend. After that I will not be able to do a release until in October. Perhaps then I will have a look. Not before.
Didn't you say something about getting married? If so, grats! Great script, btw.

Any plans to flesh out the wiki a bit more, or is there somewhere else I can look that'd help me hack together a channel?
rootyb Wrote:Didn't you say something about getting married? If so, grats! Great script, btw.

Any plans to flesh out the wiki a bit more, or is there somewhere else I can look that'd help me hack together a channel?
Yep, marriage it is!

I am expanding the Wiki as fast as possible. So keep an eye out for changes. I think only the Channelscript (http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/wiki/ChannelScript) page needs updating. This is however the most important one.
Yeah, I've been checking that one pretty regularly. I tried hacking up the joox.net script to work on another site (the "adult" counterpart to joox), which had a pretty similar layout. Even learned some RegEx in the process, but to no avail. I managed to get the category listings to show up, but couldn't select anything after that.

Ah well, do what you can when you've got time. Life > Intarnetz.
So, with the recent additions to the wiki, and some more research (I pretty much didn't know regex or python when I started working on this), I managed to put together an XOT channel for Pronshare. I basically just changed the parts of the Joox script that needed to be changed, but it works like a charm. Even made icons for it.

I'd love to share it with others. Is it cool if I just host it and post a link, or is there some "no pr0n" taboo?

I'll see about making more channels tomorrow, now that I have some clue as to what I'm doing.

Not sure about how to find .flv URL's for media in flash-based players, though (like Youtube, redtube, etc). Is it fairly easy?

Also, any plans to add a search function to the script? (or is there one, and I just haven't noticed 'cuz I haven't used the context menu yet?)

Oh, and also, I edited a few images in the default skin to make them in english, so if there's any interest in that, let me know (pretty much just the "one moment" image, and the "Watch/Back" one.
Go on, than! Let's see your pr0n_version Wink
pX
Haha, I love the encouragement.

Anyhow, here's a link:

http://ownedgear.com/ps.zip

To install, just extract the folder "ps" into your XOT\Channels folder, and you're all set. Once you start up XOT, it's the one with this icon:

Hope ya like it! Wink
Oh, I'm sure I will ;>
Cheers for that!
pX
Cool. Let me know if you have any problems with it. I tested it little (enough to know that it actually does load categories and videos), but not much. Didn't know what ele I could test.

*shrug*
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7