• 98(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2014-06-13, 20:06)Bosse_B Wrote: What I mean is that the list itself is like this (only for letters A and B) where one can see only 9 at a time.
So for A+B there are 53 entries and the other letters fill up the list so it is probably about 400-500 items high.
It is very slow to use the down arrow on the remote to get one line at a time down.
So for example if your program is named "Mitt torn" you have a LOONG way to scroll down with the arrow to reach the right item.
Here is the current list of only the A and B programs:
Code:
Abbys flygande skola för feer
ABC
Actors studio
AF1
Agenda
Aktuellt
Akuten
Alex Schulman - Älska mig
Alfons Åberg
Alice från Kina
Alla snackar Sotji
Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn
Allsång på Skansen
Allt om djur
Almedalen 2014
Alpint: Världscupen
Ana Gina Show
Anna Blomberg show
Anslagstavlan
Arthur
Arvingarna
Astons presenter
Attending Iran
Attending Sverige
Australien - En tidsresa
Babar och Badous äventyr
Babel
Backhoppning
Bara lite
Bara på skoj
Becky Richards regerar
Benny Brun
Beppes resor
Berg-och-talbana
Bert och Ernie på äventyr
Berättelser från Mullewapp
Bettan och Goliat
Biet Maya
Billy
Bil- och båttokig
Björnarnas och gamarnas berg
Blekingenytt
Bletchley circle
Blod, svett och skolan
Blomsterspråk
Blågula drömmar
Bobby Blade
Bolibompa
Bondgården
Breven från Felix
Brukaren och assistenten
Bulldogg
Byggare Bob

Do you now see what I mean?

Ok, so try this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn3ebkelvg1vs63/chn_svt.py
Just replace the current file in the net.rieter.xot.channel.se/svt/ path.
I put the file into /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/net.rieter.xot.channel.se/svt using Filezilla from my Windows PC.
(Is this the correct location or is xbmc also located in some non-home directoryHuh)

Then I went back to the TV and navigated to the XOT add-on. When I hit the SVT line in the list a LOADING... message is shown at the bottom and then nothing at all happens. I am still on the list of channels.

I noted that the directory also contains a chn_svt.pyc file (compiled code) but this file does not change when I open XOT in XBMC. I had expected it to be recompiled by Python since the source file is newer.
Maybe I am in the completely wrong directory?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-13, 23:27)Bosse_B Wrote: I put the file into /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/net.rieter.xot.channel.se/svt using Filezilla from my Windows PC.
(Is this the correct location or is xbmc also located in some non-home directoryHuh)

Then I went back to the TV and navigated to the XOT add-on. When I hit the SVT line in the list a LOADING... message is shown at the bottom and then nothing at all happens. I am still on the list of channels.

I noted that the directory also contains a chn_svt.pyc file (compiled code) but this file does not change when I open XOT in XBMC. I had expected it to be recompiled by Python since the source file is newer.
Maybe I am in the completely wrong directory?

Delete the pyc file and if that does not work, please post a xotplugin.log at pastebin.com

EDIT: I assume you downloaded the file, not copy-pasted the contents. Always download Python files, as they are very whitespace sensitive.
Tongue 
(2014-06-13, 20:06)Bosse_B Wrote: What I mean is that the list itself is like this (only for letters A and B) where one can see only 9 at a time.
So for A+B there are 53 entries and the other letters fill up the list so it is probably about 400-500 items high.
It is very slow to use the down arrow on the remote to get one line at a time down.
So for example if your program is named "Mitt torn" you have a LOONG way to scroll down with the arrow to reach the right item.
Here is the current list of only the A and B programs:

Do you now see what I mean?

You can always use the scroll bar to the right or add programs to the favorite list. Then you will have less program to scroll through.
I received a private message from a Swedish user where I was directed to click on your link and then in the following webpage use the download button on the top right side to retrieve the file.
I had not done this before, instead I had right-clicked your link and selected "Save as", which I normally always do.
But apparently (because of where the file is stored?) this method will not yield a correctly formatted file...
So I followed his advice and downloaded the proposed way. This time the pyc file reappeared when I loaded XOT and I now have the letter selection as the first level when choosing programs! Smile
Works a lot better than earlier!

Thanks!
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-16, 00:26)Granberg Wrote: You can always use the scroll bar to the right or add programs to the favorite list. Then you will have less program to scroll through.
I operate XBMC using the Andriod YATSE app and I don't really see how I can use that as a mouse and enable a scroll bar...
However, by "accident" I found that if I am in the program list and use the right arrow key a yellow circle appears on the right edge.
When it is visible the up/down keys move one full page at a time, so it improves speed about 7 times.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-16, 01:28)Bosse_B Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 00:26)Granberg Wrote: You can always use the scroll bar to the right or add programs to the favorite list. Then you will have less program to scroll through.
I operate XBMC using the Andriod YATSE app and I don't really see how I can use that as a mouse and enable a scroll bar...
However, by "accident" I found that if I am in the program list and use the right arrow key a yellow circle appears on the right edge.
When it is visible the up/down keys move one full page at a time, so it improves speed about 7 times.

I don't use any mouse and i still have a scroll bar. I do have my program in list view. Maybe it's different in other views?
I use the Amber skin if that matters...
Can things like scroll bars change with the skin type?

And if there is a scroll bar, how do you reach/use it with the remote?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Hi,

I have bought a RasPi rescently and installed XBMC (Xbian). Realy love the possiblities. Yesterday me and my girlfriend decided to watch Penoza using XoT. During the first episode we had problems with the playback (stuttering) and I decided to let XoT download the episode first. All went well. But at 100% no playback started and the RasPi freezes completely. I had to reboote. I already changed the casche drive to my external disk, but no change. My system freezes constantly.

Frank
(2014-06-16, 08:27)fbfotografie Wrote: Hi,

I have bought a RasPi rescently and installed XBMC (Xbian). Realy love the possiblities. Yesterday me and my girlfriend decided to watch Penoza using XoT. During the first episode we had problems with the playback (stuttering) and I decided to let XoT download the episode first. All went well. But at 100% no playback started and the RasPi freezes completely. I had to reboote. I already changed the casche drive to my external disk, but no change. My system freezes constantly.

Frank

Have you overclocked it? It really goes a LONG way to making the RasPi usable for internet streaming type stuff, and well, even basic usage.
(2014-06-16, 08:27)fbfotografie Wrote: Hi,

Frank

I have a rPi myself and never had this issue. Although I must say that I use Raspbmc on it. So I can't really help you out there.

EDIT: you can always set XOT to debug logging, try playback again and then post the xotplugin.log to pastebin (and a link here) so I can have a quick look.

(2014-06-16, 01:11)Bosse_B Wrote: I received a private message from a Swedish user where I was directed to click on your link and then in the following webpage use the download button on the top right side to retrieve the file.
I had not done this before, instead I had right-clicked your link and selected "Save as", which I normally always do.
But apparently (because of where the file is stored?) this method will not yield a correctly formatted file...
So I followed his advice and downloaded the proposed way. This time the pyc file reappeared when I loaded XOT and I now have the letter selection as the first level when choosing programs! Smile
Works a lot better than earlier!

Thanks!

Great to hear. The Swedish users that contacted you does a lot of testing for me (especially the Swedish channels and so) and he also pointed me to the confusion of the dropbox link I posted. I will post a direct link the next time.

Another thought for you would be to use the XBMC Online TV favourites system. You can basically favourite each and every folder within XOT and then either list all favourite items for a channel or just all XOT favourites. That way you won't need to scroll at all!
(2014-06-16, 07:36)Bosse_B Wrote: I use the Amber skin if that matters...
Can things like scroll bars change with the skin type?

And if there is a scroll bar, how do you reach/use it with the remote?

I use standard Confluence and haven't tested others so i can't answer you about that. The scroll bar i can reach by pressing to the right the same way i navigate through the rest of the gui. I use view mode list but i did a quick test and all view mode did have the scroll bar (some views did have it at the bottom instead of to the right).
Hi,

I'm new to this whole XBMC thing but getting the hang of it. I'm using an Android box and have everything installed. I want to watch Nederland TV live and I have the XBMC Online TV set up but when I click on Nederland 1, 2, 3, etc. I get the attached image displayed on screen. I'm in Ireland and reading through the thread I see there was another user in Ireland who was able to watch without any problems. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

(2014-07-03, 12:43)MickShamrock Wrote: Hi,

I'm new to this whole XBMC thing but getting the hang of it. I'm using an Android box and have everything installed. I want to watch Nederland TV live and I have the XBMC Online TV set up but when I click on Nederland 1, 2, 3, etc. I get the attached image displayed on screen. I'm in Ireland and reading through the thread I see there was another user in Ireland who was able to watch without any problems. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

That is correct. You can't stream from locations outside of the Netherlands. There is a solution for this: using a HTTP or DNS proxy within the Netherlands. That way it looks like you are watching from within the Netherlands. You can configure proxies within XBMC Online TV.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NCCQf5H2L0

You need to configure a proxy and assign that proxy to the Dutch channels. The video is not 100% update to date, as the configuration screen changed a bit, but it does give a good guideline.
Thanks for the reply and helpful video. I have been googling Dutch proxy but having found any yet that just list all the info that I can then input like in video. Do you or anyone have any to recommend? Thanks
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7