• 111(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2016-02-26, 02:19)nims Wrote: Hi, maybe this is a very stupid question, but I could not find anything on this forum.

How can I enter my username and password for the RTL XL Premium content? It now only allows the free content, but when I have a premium account, I would like to view this in retrosprect too.

Any tips / help to make this possible?

You can't. Retrospect does not yet support logging in to sites such as RTL XL. Main reason is that I don't want to store username and passwords in plain text in the add-on config file (like some other add-ons do it). It is not safe. I am working on something, but I don't know when that will be released.
Ok thank you for the quick reply. I understand the need for a safe password storage, but I think there won't be a really good solution for it. Because if the plugin can read it again, anyone can read it again. The plugin itself is also open. You could work with asking for am unlock key/password from the user that unlocks the password storage for the session. In that way at least it is not possible to pickup the unlock key from disk.

On what are you working in the background?
(2016-02-27, 12:13)nims Wrote: Ok thank you for the quick reply. I understand the need for a safe password storage, but I think there won't be a really good solution for it. Because if the plugin can read it again, anyone can read it again. The plugin itself is also open. You could work with asking for am unlock key/password from the user that unlocks the password storage for the session. In that way at least it is not possible to pickup the unlock key from disk.

On what are you working in the background?

I am working on a Python keyring solution with a pin or something.

But I first want to get Retrospect 4.0.1 out, before doing anymore new stuff. It already has a lot of new stuff. I was waiting for the new Kodi release before releasing the update.
I don't know if this is a skin issue or an issue with retrospect. With icon list in the Amber skin the icons have the wrong aspect ratio with retrospect but the same icons are correctly shown with the NRK addon. Also icons from SVT in retrospect has the wrong aspect ratio but I think that also the SVT addons shows it wrong. Is this possible to solve?

Examples:
Retrospect Image

NRK addon Image
(2016-03-06, 22:01)asplundj Wrote: I don't know if this is a skin issue or an issue with retrospect. With icon list in the Amber skin the icons have the wrong aspect ratio with retrospect but the same icons are correctly shown with the NRK addon. Also icons from SVT in retrospect has the wrong aspect ratio but I think that also the SVT addons shows it wrong. Is this possible to solve?

Examples:
Retrospect Image

NRK addon Image

Probably, what view mode is this?
It's the "icons" view in amber the thumbnails view in confluence looks correct.
(2016-03-06, 23:01)asplundj Wrote: It's the "icons" view in amber the thumbnails view in confluence looks correct.

I see, let me fix this for the next update

EDIT: the change is avaialable in the Nightly/GIT sources.
Probably a stupid question but I can't figure this out...

I want to add the Retrospect favorites to the home screen, I'm able to add shows/programs to favorites via the context menu option "Retro: add to favorites" which also takes me to the favorites list. I read somewhere in this thread that favorites are specific for each channels and should be accessible through the context menu for said channel, but I can't find the option anywhere.

The channel it applies to in this case is Swedish SVT.

Thanks in advance.
(2016-03-14, 11:47)gsonmartin Wrote: Probably a stupid question but I can't figure this out...

I want to add the Retrospect favorites to the home screen, I'm able to add shows/programs to favorites via the context menu option "Retro: add to favorites" which also takes me to the favorites list. I read somewhere in this thread that favorites are specific for each channels and should be accessible through the context menu for said channel, but I can't find the option anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

There is a difference between Retrospect favourites and Kodi's. If you want to add an items to Kodi's homescreen, you need to add that item to Kodi's favourites and thus use the "Add to favourites" context menu. The "Retro: ....." are for the Retrospect specific ones.
(2016-03-14, 11:47)gsonmartin Wrote: Probably a stupid question but I can't figure this out...

Thanks in advance.

How to add retrospect channels to the home menu depends on the skin. For some skins (e.g. Amber) you have to create a kodi favourite first. However, in the Aeon nox skin you can add any item to the home menu and even customize sub-menus. For instance I have SVT play on my menu which takes me to the categories and I have three sub-menus: öppet arkiv, barn (the children category) and kanaler (all SVT channels). However it would also be possible to have the individual channels (svt 1 etc) as main or sub-menus.

Example
[img=http://s9.postimg.org/nqd32u3bf/Screenshot_2016_03_14_12_48_15.jpg]
Thanks for your replies. Maybe I was s bit unclear trying to explain my issue. What I want to to is add my Retrospect favorites (not Kodi favorites) to the home screen or sub-menu, let me give an example:

I have several SVT programs/shows (not channels) i.e. Bolibompa, Morgonshowen, etc. that I have added to my Retrospect favorites and I want to be able to show the Retrospect favorites to the home screen or sub-menu so my children can have easy access to them.

I'm using the Conq skin and I am able to add channels and other items to the home screen and sub-menus but can't figure out how to add or even navigate to the Retrospect favorites.

Any idea how to accomplish this?
(2016-03-14, 16:11)gsonmartin Wrote: Thanks for your replies. Maybe I was s bit unclear trying to explain my issue. What I want to to is add my Retrospect favorites (not Kodi favorites) to the home screen or sub-menu, let me give an example:

I have several SVT programs/shows (not channels) i.e. Bolibompa, Morgonshowen, etc. that I have added to my Retrospect favorites and I want to be able to show the Retrospect favorites to the home screen or sub-menu so my children can have easy access to them.

I'm using the Conq skin and I am able to add channels and other items to the home screen and sub-menus but can't figure out how to add or even navigate to the Retrospect favorites.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

It is possible to add the "Retrospect Favourites", but not via the GUI, you will need to do that manually:

For just the SVT favourites add this url to your favourites.xml: plugin://net.rieter.xot/?action=favourites&channelcode=svt&channel=chn_svt
For all channel favourites add this one: plugin://net.rieter.xot/?action=allfavourites
(2016-03-14, 16:35)Basje Wrote: It is possible to add the "Retrospect Favourites", but not via the GUI, you will need to do that manually:

For just the SVT favourites add this url to your favourites.xml: plugin://net.rieter.xot/?action=favourites&channelcode=svt&channel=chn_svt
For all channel favourites add this one: plugin://net.rieter.xot/?action=allfavourites

Thanks. This is probably what I'm looking for. I'll try it out tonight.
Latest version have made a problem of video skipping dissapear for me so thank you Smile
-plus- It is nice to have the Swedish free play channels in Kodi .....and Thank you for a great Add-On Smile
Just wanted to say thanks, thanks, thanks!

I use rtl channel quite often to watch missed episodes.
Yesterday wasn't working, checked your blog and noticed that you fixed it. Updated channel by repo, and all works great again.

Great support and very nice partial update system!
Keep up the good work!
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7