• 112(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2016-03-30, 23:48)Woerd88 Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks, thanks, thanks!

I use rtl channel quite often to watch missed episodes.
Yesterday wasn't working, checked your blog and noticed that you fixed it. Updated channel by repo, and all works great again.

Great support and very nice partial update system!
Keep up the good work!

You're welcome! To be honest, my wife discovered the issue and it was a simple fix, so I just pushed an update to fix it. But I am happy you are enjoying it.
Mad respect for this addon developer. You made my kodi machine so much more entertaining with all these Dutch streams. Angel
Good evening,
Since update to Kodi 17 i am not able to use Retrospect, is there any fix or nightliy builds for use with kodi 17?

I really enjoy your program/addon!.

BR
Joakim
(2016-04-19, 22:19)Jucke Wrote: Good evening,
Since update to Kodi 17 i am not able to use Retrospect, is there any fix or nightliy builds for use with kodi 17?

BR
Joakim

Please post a retrospect.log (DEBUG mode) on pastebin.com and past the link here.
(2016-04-19, 22:20)Basje Wrote:

BR
Joakim

Please post a retrospect.log (DEBUG mode) on pastebin.com and past the link here.

I have the same problem with nightly, Kodi freeze when trying to open Retrospect (Settings work though and the program show up) but when you click it or try to open it everything freeze....Just wanted it known plus I hope he post his debug as I have no time with this right now and I'm sure it is the same exact problem.
(2016-05-08, 21:37)ThePoetStefan Wrote:
(2016-04-19, 22:20)Basje Wrote:

BR
Joakim

I have the same problem with nightly, Kodi freeze when trying to open Retrospect (Settings work though and the program show up) but when you click it or try to open it everything freeze....Just wanted it known plus I hope he post his debug as I have no time with this right now and I'm sure it is the same exact problem.

EDIT: make sure you run the Retrospect GIT build (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-online-tv/)
Basje here you go -I hope I did everything right as it is my first time doing this...
Debug

Have a nice day.
(2016-05-10, 10:06)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Basje here you go -I hope I did everything right as it is my first time doing this...
Debug

Have a nice day.
What I could figure out myself is that there is some error with texture load.....oh but I leave it up to you who know this stuff Smile
(2016-05-10, 10:18)ThePoetStefan Wrote:
(2016-05-10, 10:06)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Basje here you go -I hope I did everything right as it is my first time doing this...
Debug

Have a nice day.
What I could figure out myself is that there is some error with texture load.....oh but I leave it up to you who know this stuff Smile

I figured it out! It seems to be a skin issue. I was able to reproduce this:
  • Delete the Kodi Cach folder
  • Remove all the addons\net.rieter.xot..... folders except for the Repository
  • Delete all the addon_data\net.rieter.xot content except for the settings.xml

This gives you an empty clean Kodi start for Retrospect (basically all the steps here: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubl...om_scratch ).
  • Reinstall Retrospect
  • Run Retrospect from the MAIN Kodi screen in Estuary skin
  • It will freeze

However, if I go to Add-Ons -> Video Add-Ons -> Retrospect (so not directly from the main Kodi screen) it all works for me. Can you confirm this?

The issue is with the xbmcgui.Dialog() that I show on the initialisation of Retrospect. They seem to freeze the Skin (and Kodi). They only appear once per install, so after the initial run Retrospect works as expected, until an update arrives.....
Basje

It still Freeze Kodi, No matter what way I start it....so this workaround did not work at my end.
Plus to add.....The Cach folder held nothing that had to do with Retrospect in it.....If that is normal? just thought I should mention that too.
(2016-05-11, 09:21)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Basje

It still Freeze Kodi, No matter what way I start it....so this workaround did not work at my end.

Are you saying it also freezes if you browse to Retrospect via Add-Ons -> Video Add-Ons -> Retrospect (so not directly from the main Kodi screen) it all works for me. Can you confirm this?

(2016-05-11, 09:33)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Plus to add.....The Cach folder held nothing that had to do with Retrospect in it.....If that is normal? just thought I should mention that too.

Kodi caches Add-on directory listings, that is why.
Yes it do still freeze when via add-ons ->Video add-ons ->retrospect ,and I do not have a clue why it work at your end, (I'm on Kodi Version 20160508-cbb432a-master) if that may have something to do with this.

Thank you and I hope some more people can try this to confirm if it work or not for them with the workaround, Hope this get solved as I do really love your add-on (The Best One -mm- the only one I know of with The Swedish Free channels in it and that usualy works like a charm) Smile
(2016-05-11, 19:45)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Yes it do still freeze when via add-ons ->Video add-ons ->retrospect ,and I do not have a clue why it work at your end, (I'm on Kodi Version 20160508-cbb432a-master) if that may have something to do with this.

Thank you and I hope some more people can try this to confirm if it work or not for them with the workaround, Hope this get solved as I do really love your add-on (The Best One -mm- the only one I know of with The Swedish Free channels in it and that usualy works like a charm) Smile

You did not enter the Video Add-ons, but only high lighted it and then moved to the left to select Retrospect. Instead hit Enter on the Video Add-ons button and then select Retrospect in the list. It works with the exact build you mention.

I also created a small test add-on to reproduce it: https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...c16724.zip
Confirmed "Enter did the trick" + saw that you updated it and now it do work again from the main page "Great work and thank you" Smile
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7