• 113(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2016-05-12, 09:30)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Confirmed "Enter did the trick" + saw that you updated it and now it do work again from the main page "Great work and thank you" Smile

I created a trac issue for this for Kodi: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16724

Perhaps both of you could comment there?
You are welcome to quote anything from my posts here there Basje (But I do not understand what to post there as it all works now again?) or do you mean for future problems?? ,I mean your Updated Version Works with no issue at all right now.....or is this updated version just a temp, I updated Kodi today to the last version (Yesterdays Version) and it went through with no new errors to Retrospect. (so it seams fixed to me)
(2016-05-13, 10:24)ThePoetStefan Wrote: You are welcome to quote anything from my posts here there Basje (But I do not understand what to post there as it all works now again?) or do you mean for future problems?? ,I mean your Updated Version Works with no issue at all right now.....or is this updated version just a temp, I updated Kodi today to the last version (Yesterdays Version) and it went through with no new errors to Retrospect. (so it seams fixed to me)

It isn't working. This issues is with the popups that Retrospect shows after a new channel install. They freeze Kodi if the add-on was started from the home screen.

You now started it from the listing which works. So Retrospect shows the popups then. The next run the popups won't show because no new channels were installed. That is why it works from Home then. But with the first channel update you will have the same issue. Hence the official bug report.

Sent from my Nexus 4
(2016-05-13, 16:04)Basje Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 10:24)ThePoetStefan Wrote: You are welcome to quote anything from my posts here there Basje (But I do not understand what to post there as it all works now again?) or do you mean for future problems?? ,I mean your Updated Version Works with no issue at all right now.....or is this updated version just a temp, I updated Kodi today to the last version (Yesterdays Version) and it went through with no new errors to Retrospect. (so it seams fixed to me)

It isn't working. This issues is with the popups that Retrospect shows after a new channel install. They freeze Kodi if the add-on was started from the home screen.

You now started it from the listing which works. So Retrospect shows the popups then. The next run the popups won't show because no new channels were installed. That is why it works from Home then. But with the first channel update you will have the same issue. Hence the official bug report.

Sent from my Nexus 4

OK so then we hope this issue will be fixed soon, ThanX for explaining it to me.
Problem using Retrospect for Swedish channel TV4Play
I have tried to get playback from Retrospect on TV4 Play programs.
Several issues:
1) When navigating to the categories list and then selecting one list (does not matter which), then it shows "LOADING" and when it is done and I navigate the list it invariably stops at about 30-40% (judging by the letter it has reached). Seems like it does not load a complete list.

2) So I tried to use the search function instead to find the show and it is listed, but when I select the one I want and hit OK there is just an error message and nothing plays.

3) In some category like weather there is not such a long list so I tried to check if I could get a working video, but no! There was now an error like "the selected object has no video to play" (approximate translation from Swedish).

Is there any way at all to get TV4Play working?
What information is needed from me to pinpoint the problem?
I am running Retrospect add-on in a Raspberry Pi3 with OSMC (updated a few days ago).
I do not know the version of Retrospect (how can I find out?)
EDIT:
I just checked in the KODI settings for Retrospect and it is 4.1.1. An update on that screen seems to accomplish nothing.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I do not have the problem as Bosse_B, But a old problem has come back and it is that when looking at the Swedish channels they skip in play.....(Jumping forward when playing Videos) -Just wanted to mention that.
Have a great day.
I ended up connecting my laptop by HDMI to the TV instead of the KODI unit and then used the TV4Play.se site to watch the episode we had missed. It was a PITB to do due to the way they insert commercial breaks into the flow.
But it was the only way we could figure out to see the missed episode.
Would have been nicer if KODI could have done it for us.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2016-05-13, 22:03)Bosse_B Wrote: Problem using Retrospect for Swedish channel TV4Play
Several issues:
1) When navigating to the categories list and then selecting one list (does not matter which), then it shows "LOADING" and when it is done and I navigate the list it invariably stops at about 30-40% (judging by the letter it has reached). Seems like it does not load a complete list.

2) So I tried to use the search function instead to find the show and it is listed, but when I select the one I want and hit OK there is just an error message and nothing plays.

3) In some category like weather there is not such a long list so I tried to check if I could get a working video, but no! There was now an error like "the selected object has no video to play" (approximate translation from Swedish).

I am running Retrospect add-on in a Raspberry Pi3 with OSMC (updated a few days ago).
EDIT:
I just checked in the KODI settings for Retrospect and it is 4.1.1. An update on that screen seems to accomplish nothing.

Could you be a bit more specific? Give some examples, because I just did some browsing of TV4 Play on my OSMC on rPi 2 and it all seems OK!

I checked recent Nightlies and it seems be to be fixed in recent ones.
(2016-05-19, 23:01)Basje Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 22:03)Bosse_B Wrote: Problem using Retrospect for Swedish channel TV4Play
Several issues:

EDIT:

Could you be a bit more specific? Give some examples, because I just did some browsing of TV4 Play on my OSMC on rPi 2 and it all seems OK!
I have given examples in my post above...
But here goes again:
Video Addons -> Retrospect -> National (why this step?) -> TV4PLAY ->.:KATEGORIER:. -> TV-SERIER
Now there is a list of series to choose from. I want Maria Wern so I start scrolling down, but when I reach "HEMMA VÄRST" the list starts over and does not show the remaining items...

So I select another at random: "ETT FALL FÖR FROST" -> DEL 1 ->
Now Retrospect displays a "LOADING" message followed by an error "Det valda objektet har ingen video att spela upp" (the chosen object does not have a video to play)

So I back off a few levels until I reach the SÖK item (Search) where I enter "maria" and execute the search
Now Maria Wern is listed with a lot of episodes and I select one episode at random.
Again "LOADING" followed by "En eller flera objekt misslyckades" (one or more objects failed)

In fact I have not succeeded to display anything at all from TV4PLAY except error messages....
Sad
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2016-05-19, 23:56)Bosse_B Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 23:01)Basje Wrote:
Several issues:

EDIT:

I have given examples in my post above...
But here goes again:
Video Addons -> Retrospect -> National (why this step?) -> TV4PLAY ->.:KATEGORIER:. -> TV-SERIER
Now there is a list of series to choose from. I want Maria Wern so I start scrolling down, but when I reach "HEMMA VÄRST" the list starts over and does not show the remaining items...

So I select another at random: "ETT FALL FÖR FROST" -> DEL 1 ->
Now Retrospect displays a "LOADING" message followed by an error "Det valda objektet har ingen video att spela upp" (the chosen object does not have a video to play)

So I back off a few levels until I reach the SÖK item (Search) where I enter "maria" and execute the search
Now Maria Wern is listed with a lot of episodes and I select one episode at random.
Again "LOADING" followed by "En eller flera objekt misslyckades" (one or more objects failed)

In fact I have not succeeded to display anything at all from TV4PLAY except error messages....
Sad
I don't really think this is the appropriate way of asking somebody for help (your tone seems a bit unfriendly to me). But let me do it anyways:
  • Thanks for the example (which you did not mention before). I see your point now. Besides that, you can disable the "National" step via the add-on settings -> Channel Settings. So go there and get rid of it.
  • The other videos: pay attention to the 'o' and the 'a' at the end of items: 'o' means geolocked and can only be played from within Sweden. And the 'a' means Paid/Premium, and will not be playable by Kodi at all. And yes, you can hide those items via the add-on settings

So I will look at the lasting. If you encounter other videos that won't play back that do not have an 'a' or 'o', please feel free to post a full DEBUG retrospect.log file on pastebin.com and link it here.

EDIT: a fix for the Categories: https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...gories-are
(2016-05-19, 23:02)Basje Wrote:

Thank you Basje Smile ,I am wondering though.....If you look at the Swdish Channel's like TV 4....A whole program, Do Video's Skip for you (I mean do they jump foward sudenly?? or is it just at my end??) THank you again for a great work on this lovely add-on Basje and have a great Weekend now.
(2016-05-20, 09:24)ThePoetStefan Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 23:02)Basje Wrote:

Thank you Basje Smile ,I am wondering though.....If you look at the Swdish Channel's like TV 4....A whole program, Do Video's Skip for you (I mean do they jump foward sudenly?? or is it just at my end??) THank you again for a great work on this lovely add-on Basje and have a great Weekend now.

I haven't noticed any skipping at the moment.
(2016-05-20, 10:00)Basje Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 09:24)ThePoetStefan Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 23:02)Basje Wrote: I checked recent Nightlies and it seems be to be fixed in recent ones.

I haven't noticed any skipping at the moment.

I did update my Kodi to a newer version a moment ago and the skipping seams gone -mm- so for now it is not skipping I watched a program for like 5 minutes without Skipping as before it did skip like after one minute or two so it seams it had to do with the older Kodi version ,So everything fine Smile and again have a great weekend Basje.
Seams like the Swedish TV 4 Play have begun to use Log in to be able to look at the channel ,so you need an update to the settings to include Name e-mail and password for the channel I think, just wanted to keep you updated Basje, Thank you Smile
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7