• 123(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Hi,

Can the radio stream of "groot nieuws radio" be added to the radio streams?

regards,

nlx8
(2017-05-13, 11:18)Eye in the sky Wrote: The Dutch kijk.nl channels are no longer working for me.

Is this something on my end or can someone confirm this?

(2017-05-13, 11:07)pinheads Wrote: hello
who can fix RTBF(french Belgiun tv) link in this add-on ?

Please both report this via the Retrospect Bitbucket Issue Tracker and don't forget to attach full DEBUG retrospect.log files.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003
(2017-05-13, 12:37)nlx8 Wrote: Hi,

Can the radio stream of "groot nieuws radio" be added to the radio streams?

regards,

nlx8
Could you check and see if you can create a strm file for this stream? That would be the preferred way for simple Internet streams.

Basje, thanks for your response.

I did create a .strm file, including the url link, but was not able to play it in kodi.
Might be that format and streaming-method is not supported.
Hi, i am not sure if this is the place, but bas are you still owner of the the "Uitzending Gemist" addon in the default kodi repository? Since i have installed it on a clean install of libreelec 8.0.1/kodi 17.1 on my rpi3, i get random kodi crashes/restarts (not libreelec!) while browsing the shows, or during selecting/play. The crashes occur using CEC adapter/tv remote or Android yatze app. This does not happen in libreelec 7.0.3/kodi 16.1.

I have a log if necessary.

Greetzzz,

Gerben
(2017-05-15, 22:43)gschmidt Wrote: Hi, i am not sure if this is the place, but bas are you still owner of the the "Uitzending Gemist" addon in the default kodi repository? Since i have installed it on a clean install of libreelec 8.0.1/kodi 17.1 on my rpi3, i get random kodi crashes/restarts (not libreelec!) while browsing the shows, or during selecting/play. The crashes occur using CEC adapter/tv remote or Android yatze app. This does not happen in libreelec 7.0.3/kodi 16.1.

I have a log if necessary.

Greetzzz,

Gerben
No, I am only the official maintainer for Retrospect Addon. It does include NPO content. Give it a try and see if it works better.

I know retrospect, have it on LE 7.0.3! Would also be my next addon in testing the stability of LE 8.0.1
But who do i have to report to that UZG might have errors in Krypton 17.1?
(2017-05-16, 01:19)gschmidt Wrote: I know retrospect, have it on LE 7.0.3! Would also be my next addon in testing the stability of LE 8.0.1
But who do i have to report to that UZG might have errors in Krypton 17.1?

I really do not know. Sorry.
(2017-05-13, 19:06)Basje Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 11:18)Eye in the sky Wrote: The Dutch kijk.nl channels are no longer working for me.

Is this something on my end or can someone confirm this?

(2017-05-13, 11:07)pinheads Wrote: hello
who can fix RTBF(french Belgiun tv) link in this add-on ?

Please both report this via the Retrospect Bitbucket Issue Tracker and don't forget to attach full DEBUG retrospect.log files.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 (typie typie)

I created a new issue on the official Bitbucket page (Windows 10, Kodi Krypton 17.1)
@Basje

Off topic regarding Kodi´s own proxy settings/handling and addons in general, not specifically regarding the Retrospect addon.
I hope it´s ok that I ask you here anyway and that you perhaps can give me some information regarding Kodi built-in proxy settings.
I´ve seen some old threads where you´ve been active regarding how Kodi handles http proxy and you have proxy-features integrated in your great add-on so you probably has good insight in how Kodi handles using proxy servers.

I don´t understand much about it but started to wonder how reliable it is to use VPN with Kodi via a http-proxy.

My setup:
W7 as VirtualBox Host running a Guest VM with Linux.
In Linux VM Guest I run a proxy server (Tinyproxy) and connect to internet with VPN via OpenVPN.
In W7 I run Kodi v16.1.RC2 (DSPlayer-version) and has activated proxy-settings in Kodi and set it to connect to internet through the proxy server running in the Linux VM guest (= VM-guestlocalIP:port).

My question/worry:
Is there any risk that Kodi or any addon
(due to limitations in/how http-proxy generally and technically works or due to the way http proxy is implemented in Kodi)
can make connections to the internet without respecting/using the proxy settings in Kodi and then not connecting through the proxy (perhaps instead directly using the W7 internet connection which isn´t connected through VPN)?
E g making the "negotiations"/contact through proxy but then connect to the video stream without using the proxy route?

Grateful for any information you might have regarding this question.

/Larchen
(2017-05-21, 14:25)larchen Wrote: @Basje

Off topic regarding Kodi´s own proxy settings/handling and addons in general, not specifically regarding the Retrospect addon.
I hope it´s ok that I ask you here anyway and that you perhaps can give me some information regarding Kodi built-in proxy settings.
I´ve seen some old threads where you´ve been active regarding how Kodi handles http proxy and you have proxy-features integrated in your great add-on so you probably has good insight in how Kodi handles using proxy servers.

I don´t understand much about it but started to wonder how reliable it is to use VPN with Kodi via a http-proxy.

My setup:
W7 as VirtualBox Host running a Guest VM with Linux.
In Linux VM Guest I run a proxy server (Tinyproxy) and connect to internet with VPN via OpenVPN.
In W7 I run Kodi v16.1.RC2 (DSPlayer-version) and has activated proxy-settings in Kodi and set it to connect to internet through the proxy server running in the Linux VM guest (= VM-guestlocalIP:port).

My question/worry:
Is there any risk that Kodi or any addon
(due to limitations in/how http-proxy generally and technically works or due to the way http proxy is implemented in Kodi)
can make connections to the internet without respecting/using the proxy settings in Kodi and then not connecting through the proxy (perhaps instead directly using the W7 internet connection which isn´t connected through VPN)?
E g making the "negotiations"/contact through proxy but then connect to the video stream without using the proxy route?

Grateful for any information you might have regarding this question.

/Larchen
Hi, yes it is off topic, and yes, add-ons can completely ignore the Kodi proxy settings. It is what Retrospect does. I use my own proxy settings and pass it on to Kodi (which not always uses it as it should, but that is an ffmpeg issue I think). With a VPN it is more difficult, as a VPN usually adds network routes to the OS and those you cannot easily circumvent.
Then it seems to me like it unfortunately is difficult or even impossible to be sure if and when the proxy settings in Kodi are being used/obeyed.

Thanks for answering my off topic question.
Grateful for your help.

/Larchen
There is probably something very obvious I'm missing, but I can't configure the channel settings.
I always get "no channel selected", even if I have a channel selected or I'm already in a channel.

Is there some specific way to select a channel so you can edit the settings for that channel.
I'm having the same issue on both my Android and my Windows installation.

I mainly want to set my VRT NU account data, but this is currently impossible.

(sorry if this has been asked before but searching for Retrospect+channel+settings yields an endless amount of results)
(2017-06-21, 23:40)dustShadow Wrote: There is probably something very obvious I'm missing, but I can't configure the channel settings.
I always get "no channel selected", even if I have a channel selected or I'm already in a channel.

Is there some specific way to select a channel so you can edit the settings for that channel.

(sorry if this has been asked before but searching for Retrospect+channel+settings yields an endless amount of results)

Nope, you found a bug that I discovered my self yesterday...and fixed in the GIT version. The solution: delete all *.pyo and/or *.pyc files from all the subfolders of a single net.rieter.xot.channel.<name> folder. Then restart Kodi, run Retrospect once (you will get a message about initialising channels) and tada -> all setttings should be back. I will push 4.1.6 soon to fix this.
(2017-06-22, 00:16)Basje Wrote:
(2017-06-21, 23:40)dustShadow Wrote: There is probably something very obvious I'm missing, but I can't configure the channel settings.

Nope, you found a bug that I discovered my self yesterday...and fixed in the GIT version. The solution: delete all *.pyo and/or *.pyc files from all the subfolders of a single net.rieter.xot.channel.<name> folder. Then restart Kodi, run Retrospect once (you will get a message about initialising channels) and tada -> all setttings should be back. I will push 4.1.6 soon to fix this.

Retrospect 4.1.6 fixes the problem and has just been released.
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7