• 41(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Quote:Is it also possible to get SVT Prima to work? (HD version of SVT Play at http://playprima.se/)

brulsmurf Wrote:Confirmed to work on a very recent build with Vista 32 bit Smile Thanks a lot for this fix.
Would it be possible for you to add your XOT-UZG repository to the SVN Updater, so that users can update it more conveniently? For instance, my HTPC rig has no keyboard/mouse attached to it, so updating by downloading XOT-UZG manually and then unzip it in the correct place is a bit of a hassle for people like me. I'm perfectly happy going through all that "trouble" to enjoy my Uitzending Gemist of course, no complaining - but if it's an easy step for you then I would appreciate it a lot.

+1

Well, first of all me and my girlfriend wants to thank you for your extraordinary work!!Big Grin

I got confused when i updated my XOT a couples week ago, we have always installed XOT in the video plugin folder, and the used xbmc's "add source" to make shortcuts to our favorite channels so they appeard direct in the "Video" menu. (using Showmix skin)
After the update XOT doesn't work anymore, just nothing happend when we tried to start it. So after a little reading here we installed it in the scripts folder, and viola, it works again!

Now to the question; is it any reason that XOT now is a script instead of a plugin?
Speaking for myself i liked it a little better when it worked as a plugin because it is very convenient to add shortcuts to the most used channels. Less clicks to get started so to say.
So if it possible i will vote for XOT to bet back being a plugin instead!

BTW, im using xbmc ver. 22516 on windows 7 (X64) if it matters.
PsychoCheF Wrote:+1

Well, first of all me and my girlfriend wants to thank you for your extraordinary work!!Big Grin

I got confused when i updated my XOT a couples week ago, we have always installed XOT in the video plugin folder, and the used xbmc's "add source" to make shortcuts to our favorite channels so they appeard direct in the "Video" menu. (using Showmix skin)
After the update XOT doesn't work anymore, just nothing happend when we tried to start it. So after a little reading here we installed it in the scripts folder, and viola, it works again!

Now to the question; is it any reason that XOT now is a script instead of a plugin?
Speaking for myself i liked it a little better when it worked as a plugin because it is very convenient to add shortcuts to the most used channels. Less clicks to get started so to say.
So if it possible i will vote for XOT to bet back being a plugin instead!

BTW, im using xbmc ver. 22516 on windows 7 (X64) if it matters.

XOT is BOTH! If the plugin is not working, please post a uzgplugin.log on pastebin.ca so I can see why?
Basje Wrote:XOT is BOTH! If the plugin is not working, please post a uzgplugin.log on pastebin.ca so I can see why?

I will do this under the weekend.
But, should it be installed in both the "plugin" and "script" folder?
Basje Wrote:XOT is BOTH! If the plugin is not working, please post a uzgplugin.log on pastebin.ca so I can see why?

That is great. I knew that it was both a plugin and a script, but when I tried it for a year ago, the plugin version didn't work, and I used it as a script. But that isn't that great looking.

Now I just copied the folder, and pasted it in the plugin folder.

Works just great. Wants to say a big thanks!

I added the the swedish channels as new shares in Videos, and also that worked great.

Thanks!

EDIT: But how do I set the settings, and update the channels and the plugin, like I could when I was running it as a script?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
soder Wrote:That is great. I knew that it was both a plugin and a script, but when I tried it for a year ago, the plugin version didn't work, and I used it as a script. But that isn't that great looking.

Now I just copied the folder, and pasted it in the plugin folder.

Works just great. Wants to say a big thanks!

I added the the swedish channels as new shares in Videos, and also that worked great.

Thanks!

EDIT: But how do I set the settings, and update the channels and the plugin, like I could when I was running it as a script?

/Söder
Those settings are only available in the script version.
PsychoCheF Wrote:I will do this under the weekend.
But, should it be installed in both the "plugin" and "script" folder?
Yes, it should be placed in both folders.
Basje Wrote:Those settings are only available in the script version.

May I ask why? Is it possible to add to the SVN repo installer? That way it could easily be updated?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)

Here is my log from XOT in the plugin folder.
http://pastebin.com/m4bbda04c
Really hope you can see what is wrong with the plugin version.

And here is another log from the scriptfolder, when i watched swedish TV3 yesterday the stream was broken serveral times and i was forced to restart the stream.
http://pastebin.com/m6ddc113e
PsychoCheF Wrote:Here is my log from XOT in the plugin folder.
http://pastebin.com/m4bbda04c
Really hope you can see what is wrong with the plugin version.

And here is another log from the scriptfolder, when i watched swedish TV3 yesterday the stream was broken serveral times and i was forced to restart the stream.
http://pastebin.com/m6ddc113e

Could you try a more recent XBMC build?
Basje Wrote:Could you try a more recent XBMC build?

of course, can you recommend someone stable?
PsychoCheF Wrote:of course, can you recommend someone stable?
Not really, I build my own and never use prebuild ones. But perhaps the most recent beta?
Basje Wrote:Not really, I build my own and never use prebuild ones. But perhaps the most recent beta?

RC1 is out and this version works fine. I use that version on one system and a recent svn (r25860) on another they both work fine.

You could probably do the XOT-UZG.v3 folder in /plugins as a link to the folder in /scripts. This way you can update from /scripts and the dir in /plugins will also be updated (obviously since it's the same folder..).

From a shell, in folder ~/.xbmc/plugins/video/ do 'ln -s ../../scripts/XOT-Uzg.v3/ .'. You can verify with 'ls -l' that the link looks good.

Ps. This is not tested and I don't know if plugins/video/ is the correct directory to put the link, I'm just guessing.

Edit: I noticed now that PsychoCheF is running Windows. Suggestion above will not work on Windows.

Rgds
Novin Wrote:RC1 is out and this version works fine. I use that version on one system and a recent svn (r25860) on another they both work fine.

You could probably do the XOT-UZG.v3 folder in /plugins as a link to the folder in /scripts. This way you can update from /scripts and the dir in /plugins will also be updated (obviously since it's the same folder..).

From a shell, in folder ~/.xbmc/plugins/video/ do 'ln -s ../../scripts/XOT-Uzg.v3/ .'. You can verify with 'ls -l' that the link looks good.

Ps. This is not tested and I don't know if plugins/video/ is the correct directory to put the link, I'm just guessing.

Edit: I noticed now that PsychoCheF is running Windows. Suggestion above will not work on Windows.

Rgds

A nice suggestion for the Linux people. The windows people can use SH Junction to do the same (http://www.bitsum.com/shjunc.asp). I use that one for development.
Hi.

As you can see by my number of posts I am new here. However, I've been reading this forum for a while now so I am not a complete newbie.

I have a problem though and and can't figure out how to fix it:

I am running Ubuntu Karmic (9.10) with the latest RC1 XBMC. Everything works fine; playing music, playing video's, scraping info from the internet and even the youtube-plugin works correctly.
When I try this amazing sounding UZG plugin (being dutch, this is a must have) it just does not work.

As plugin: I can browse as far as the channel selection, and not matter what channel I select (ned 1, rtl, veronica, tried m all) XBMC crashes without an error and I am left staring at my ubuntu desktop.
As script: When I select the UZG script, it takes ages to load, up to 5-10 minutes. When I finally am in the channel selector the same thing happens as with the plugin. Crash without error.

I checked the xbmc crashlog and got no info from there as far as I can see and the uzg log doesnt help either. I can post both if you like.

So please, can you help me? Could it be I am missing a package? I can play videos from uitzendinggemist.nl in firefox..
+1

Exactly the same problem here.
I think it is hardware related. I have XBMC RC1 on a USB disk. I always boot from this USB disk. UZG works without a problem on 2 laptops, but when I boot the USB disk on my mediacenter PC UZG crashes.

I also didn't find anything in the log files.

1 laptop is a Acer Aspire One (Atom CPU, 1,6 GHZ, 1 GB memory). The other laptop is a Acer Aspire 8930G (Core2duo, 1,6Ghz. 4 GB memory, NVIDIA graphics card).

The mediacenter (the machine where UZG crashes) is P4 2,4 MHz. Asus P4C800 mobo, 1 GB memory, NVIDIA graphics card.

:confused2:

Hope this can be solved because I miss my uitzending gemist.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7