• 47(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Paljas Wrote:I'm now running XBMC Live 9.11 on an Asrock Ion 330 HT. First thing I installed next was the XOT-UZG plugin, which is awesome. Initially I installed it is a plugin, but first of all, I did not show the nice interface I was used to from the script, and secondly (like others) when opening a channel, XBMC crashed. Next, I installed as script, which is a lot more stable, and also, the nice GUI shines.

It does have a few quirks though. Sometimes it will take ages to load a channel. For example, when I click page 0 of dumpert.nl, it sometimes takes a very long time. Also, sometimes when a video ends, it takes a long time for the video list to re-appear.

The problem with the plugin is an XBMC bug. They are aware of it and hopefully fixing it.

The second thing, the long loading time, depends on two things:
  1. The speed of the underlying website: the slower it is, the slower XOT will get the results.
  2. The amount of results that are returned. Somehow XBMC does not handle large amount of lists.

Both the causes are a bit out of my hands.
Ok, I understand Bas. I read a bit more about this libmms issue. Half of the streams weren't loading, or only loaded after a minute or two, while XBMC freezes. I fixed it on my end as follows.

So I'm running XBMC Live 9.11 (based on Ubuntu), on an Asrock ION 330, and I had issues with streams in Uitzending Gemist script, loading slow or not at all. Here's what I did to fix it:

(may not be 100% accurate, don't have the full history anymore)

* Download libmms 0.5 (http://launchpad.net/libmms/trunk/0.5/+d...0.5.tar.gz), and get it to your XBMC machine (through FTP or whatever);
* Logon to Ubuntu. You can either press Alt-Ctrl-F1 (Alt-Ctrl-F7 to go back to XBMC), or use a program Putty to connect to your machine through LAN. User 'xbmc', pass 'xbmc';
* Log through as root:

sudo -s
(use 'xbmc' as password)

* Unpack it libmms-0.5.tar.gz:

cd /tmp
gunzip (path_to)/libmms-0.5.tar.gz
tar xf libmms-0.5.tar

* Download the patch (http://launchpadlibrarian.net/38341217/t...first.diff)
* Patch the source file:

cd libmms-0.5/src
patch < (location_of_trymmshfirst.diff)

* Get libmms-dev. This will get you an older version of libmms, but also automatically gets you glib-2.0-dev required for compiling libmms. There's probably a better way to get glib-2.0, but this is just how I did it:

apt-get install libmms-dev

* Now go back to where you've un-tarred libmms-0.5.tar and install it:

cd libmms-0.5
./configure --prefix=/usr
./make
./make install

* Reboot xbmc, and streams should load fast now.

Thanks for all the suggestions on this thread. I hope a patched version of libmms is shipped with the next Live release.

The fix is merely a workaround if you ask me, though. It simply reverses the choice between mms and mmsh. I would think you should do something a little more intelligent, some kind of handshake, or check if you will, that finds out which of the two should be used.
Paljas Wrote:Ok, I understand Bas. I read a bit more about this libmms issue. Half of the streams weren't loading, or only loaded after a minute or two, while XBMC freezes. I fixed it on my end as follows.

So I'm running XBMC Live 9.11 (based on Ubuntu), on an Asrock ION 330, and I had issues with streams in Uitzending Gemist script, loading slow or not at all. Here's what I did to fix it:

(may not be 100% accurate, don't have the full history anymore)

* Download libmms 0.5 (http://launchpad.net/libmms/trunk/0.5/+d...0.5.tar.gz), and get it to your XBMC machine (through FTP or whatever);
* Logon to Ubuntu. You can either press Alt-Ctrl-F1 (Alt-Ctrl-F7 to go back to XBMC), or use a program Putty to connect to your machine through LAN. User 'xbmc', pass 'xbmc';
* Log through as root:

sudo -s
(use 'xbmc' as password)

* Unpack it libmms-0.5.tar.gz:

cd /tmp
gunzip (path_to)/libmms-0.5.tar.gz
tar xf libmms-0.5.tar

* Download the patch (http://launchpadlibrarian.net/38341217/t...first.diff)
* Patch the source file:

cd libmms-0.5/src
patch < (location_of_trymmshfirst.diff)

* Get libmms-dev. This will get you an older version of libmms, but also automatically gets you glib-2.0-dev required for compiling libmms. There's probably a better way to get glib-2.0, but this is just how I did it:

apt-get install libmms-dev

* Now go back to where you've un-tarred libmms-0.5.tar and install it:

cd libmms-0.5
./configure --prefix=/usr
./make
./make install

* Reboot xbmc, and streams should load fast now.

Thanks for all the suggestions on this thread. I hope a patched version of libmms is shipped with the next Live release.

The fix is merely a workaround if you ask me, though. It simply reverses the choice between mms and mmsh. I would think you should do something a little more intelligent, some kind of handshake, or check if you will, that finds out which of the two should be used.
Thanks for that workaround. I added a link to your post in the XOT Faq page.
I have a problem with XOT and RTMP streams. I don't know if the problem is in XBMC or XOT. The problem is that RTMP streams are just aborted in right in the middle of playback. This seem to happen ONLY with RTMP streams (for instance swedish TV6). And it is always aborted at the same spot.

I tried capturing the data stream with Wireshark, and it seems that the server just aborts the steam with a TCP RST after a while for unknown reasons.

What might be the problem?

Downloading the stream with "rtmpdump" works just fine.

XOT logs:

20100511 18:12:36 - INFO - chn_class.py - 953 - Starting Video Playback using the defaultplayer
20100511 18:12:36 - DEBUG - mediaitem.py - 53 - Using new MediaItem object for url rtmp://cp90686.edgefcs.net/ondemand/flash/sweden/tv3/Erik_Mackan/Season2/Extra/extra_erik_mackan_208
20100511 18:12:36 - DEBUG - mediaitem.py - 138 - Creating XBMC ListItem 'Erik & Mackan: Snygga & sm+ñrta, avsnitt 8'
20100511 18:12:36 - INFO - chn_class.py - 964 - Playing using default player
20100511 18:12:39 - DEBUG - chn_class.py - 257 - onAction (with buttonid=61453 and id=7) detected (ThrdID=3732)
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - chn_class.py - 168 - onInit(): Window Initalized for chn_tvse.py
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - chn_class.py - 227 - TV6 GUI window already Initialized
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - chn_class.py - 230 - Somehow the list was cleared...filling it again
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 60 - DisplayPageNavigation starting
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 96 - DisplayFolderList needs to display 16 items.
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 96 - + Focussed is on item 0
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - guicontroller.py - 146 - All items where shown. Now fetching focussed item info for item number 0

I run windows XP and XBMC 9.11 and the latest XOT with the latest channels.
I'm having the exact same issue as wanderer, gonna try the script later and see if it works better than the plugin.
I'm using the script already so that probably won't help.
wanderer Wrote:I have a problem with XOT and RTMP streams. I don't know if the problem is in XBMC or XOT. The problem is that RTMP streams are just aborted in right in the middle of playback. This seem to happen ONLY with RTMP streams (for instance swedish TV6). And it is always aborted at the same spot.

I tried capturing the data stream with Wireshark, and it seems that the server just aborts the steam with a TCP RST after a while for unknown reasons.

What might be the problem?

Downloading the stream with "rtmpdump" works just fine.

XOT logs:

20100511 18:12:36 - INFO - chn_class.py - 953 - Starting Video Playback using the defaultplayer
20100511 18:12:36 - DEBUG - mediaitem.py - 53 - Using new MediaItem object for url rtmp://cp90686.edgefcs.net/ondemand/flash/sweden/tv3/Erik_Mackan/Season2/Extra/extra_erik_mackan_208
20100511 18:12:36 - DEBUG - mediaitem.py - 138 - Creating XBMC ListItem 'Erik & Mackan: Snygga & sm+ñrta, avsnitt 8'
20100511 18:12:36 - INFO - chn_class.py - 964 - Playing using default player
20100511 18:12:39 - DEBUG - chn_class.py - 257 - onAction (with buttonid=61453 and id=7) detected (ThrdID=3732)
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - chn_class.py - 168 - onInit(): Window Initalized for chn_tvse.py
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - chn_class.py - 227 - TV6 GUI window already Initialized
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - chn_class.py - 230 - Somehow the list was cleared...filling it again
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 60 - DisplayPageNavigation starting
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 96 - DisplayFolderList needs to display 16 items.
20100511 18:14:13 - DEBUG - guicontroller.py - 96 - + Focussed is on item 0
20100511 18:14:13 - INFO - guicontroller.py - 146 - All items where shown. Now fetching focussed item info for item number 0

I run windows XP and XBMC 9.11 and the latest XOT with the latest channels.
Can RTMPDump produce some kind of logging? I am very curious in what kind of URL it opens? Perhaps you could post it on pastebin.org
I'm using the link for the XOT log.

E.g:

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://cp90686.edgefcs.net/ondemand/flash/sweden/tv3/Erik_Mackan/Season2/Extra/extra_erik_mackan_208" -o asd.flv
RTMPDump v2.2d
© 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO: duration 151.25
INFO: width 605.00
INFO: height 340.00
INFO: videodatarate 700.00
INFO: framerate 25.00
INFO: videocodecid 4.00
INFO: audiodatarate 128.00
INFO: audiodelay 0.04
INFO: audiocodecid 2.00
INFO: canSeekToEnd TRUE
16270.881 kB / 151.35 sec (100.0%)
Download complete

(there is a -V option if you think that will help?)

"asd.flv" contains the full episode and plays fine with the ffdshow codecs.
If you play the episode listed above in XBMC does it work for you (full 2:30 plays)?
wanderer Wrote:I'm using the link for the XOT log.

E.g:

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://cp90686.edgefcs.net/ondemand/flash/sweden/tv3/Erik_Mackan/Season2/Extra/extra_erik_mackan_208" -o asd.flv
RTMPDump v2.2d
© 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO: duration 151.25
INFO: width 605.00
INFO: height 340.00
INFO: videodatarate 700.00
INFO: framerate 25.00
INFO: videocodecid 4.00
INFO: audiodatarate 128.00
INFO: audiodelay 0.04
INFO: audiocodecid 2.00
INFO: canSeekToEnd TRUE
16270.881 kB / 151.35 sec (100.0%)
Download complete

(there is a -V option if you think that will help?)

"asd.flv" contains the full episode and plays fine with the ffdshow codecs.
If you play the episode listed above in XBMC does it work for you (full 2:30 plays)?

Could you post the /V version on Pastebin.ca?
Yep.

http://pastebin.org/238428

There is also a "debugging" option which is dumping every received packet. But that would turn the logfile into 100mb.
Just a minor issue I have with the Dumpert pages: often, when I have played a video, and the video ends, you should come back to the list, but the list is empty. Only the title of the last video played is still visible. I have to move up one folder and head back into e.g. Page 0, and then the list reappears. It seems to me the list needs a refresh (or redraw since it was already loaded) after a video has ended (/was stopped). Note: it does not always happen, but I could not find out if there was some distinction between the situation where it did and did not occur.

I'm using XBMC Live (9.11) HDD install.
Paljas Wrote:Just a minor issue I have with the Dumpert pages: often, when I have played a video, and the video ends, you should come back to the list, but the list is empty. Only the title of the last video played is still visible. I have to move up one folder and head back into e.g. Page 0, and then the list reappears. It seems to me the list needs a refresh (or redraw since it was already loaded) after a video has ended (/was stopped). Note: it does not always happen, but I could not find out if there was some distinction between the situation where it did and did not occur.

I'm using XBMC Live (9.11) HDD install.

Ok, I will see if I can reproduce it.

At the moment I am a bit occupied with my 1 week old daughter, so XOT is not my top prio. But when I find a spare minute, I will check it.
Proficiat met je dochter man !
Bas,

we had quite some contact in the passed,
I am running now a fresh ubuntu lucid install with xbmc-live on top of it
i can tell u that all channels so far work without patches, no more
libmms issues, no more rtl channel issues.

Great!

Maybe maybe and dont take this as an offence, you want to get a graphics designer onboard to make it all look a lot slicker. With the current background image i can hardly read the text, but moreover icons menus etc etc could be slicker.

I see a bright future for this script since it runs so great on xbmc 9.11 on ubuntu 10.04

Congrats with ur daughter!

Menno
menno Wrote:Bas,

we had quite some contact in the passed,
I am running now a fresh ubuntu lucid install with xbmc-live on top of it
i can tell u that all channels so far work without patches, no more
libmms issues, no more rtl channel issues.

Great!

Maybe maybe and dont take this as an offence, you want to get a graphics designer onboard to make it all look a lot slicker. With the current background image i can hardly read the text, but moreover icons menus etc etc could be slicker.

I see a bright future for this script since it runs so great on xbmc 9.11 on ubuntu 10.04

Congrats with ur daughter!

Menno
New backgrounds are already in my dev-branche. So the next release will have a nice new look with better text readability.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7