• 65(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Basje Wrote:For other people with this issue. I create an Issue on the XOT googlecode page, with the 2 files attached: http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/issues/detail?id=273

This solved the same issue for me on 32-bit as well. Thank you!
The viasat on-demand stuff for norway and sweden is not working.
I live in Norway, so I know it has nothing to do with where I live.
All the viasat play, svt and tv4 stuff is still working in my web browser.
blackoutworm Wrote:The viasat on-demand stuff for norway and sweden is not working.
I live in Norway, so I know it has nothing to do with where I live.
All the viasat play, svt and tv4 stuff is still working in my web browser.
Please post a complete uzg.log (don't cut and paste) on PasteBin.ca. And give some examples of not working programs for each channel.
Is it possible to revert back to an earlier version, I installed the latest version and now my skin that I created seems not fully supported any more. There was a change of the skin engine along with v3.2.4 I saw in the changelog. I dont have time or energy to mod my skin files right now.
macardi Wrote:Is it possible to revert back to an earlier version, I installed the latest version and now my skin that I created seems not fully supported any more. There was a change of the skin engine along with v3.2.4 I saw in the changelog. I dont have time or energy to mod my skin files right now.

Yes you could go back, but to be honest, not many channels will work. The skining changes actually made it easier to create skins. What skin are you using?
I´m using my own mod of Alaska, and have adjusted your skin files to fit the rest of the layout. However I stick with the current version and change it when some free time falls into my lap.

Thanks for your hard work with this plugin

/marcus
I have some problems with the latest UZG version 3.2.8 installed on my newly installed xbmc4xbox 3.0.1 .

First I could't get the script to run because it expects a folder called "XOT-Uzg.v3" in Q:\UserData\plugin_data\video\ which appearantly is not created when running the script. After creating that folder myself the script continues to run without failing to start. Looks like some kind of bug.

Second when i use the plugin version and I try to play Apple Movie trailers they don't work (one time trying even fully locked up my xbox). Exactly the same trailers DO work when i run the script and select them from there.

The same goes for many other channels when selected from plugins (I didn't check them all there). Often nothing happens or I get "Playback failed".

I also noticed that somehow in several channels #4 duplicates are shown for a "Play item". They all appear the same but won't play.

The questions below refer to the script version (I didn't try these things for the plugin yet).

Sometimes (not always) I get "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.". How can I check any log file in the first place? There seems to be a seperate log file for both plugin and script? Where can I find those?

-- Specific channel issues (script version): --

Forwarding when watching an episode in "Beta uitzending gemist" basically locks up the xbox (video and sound both crash and can't be cancelled anymore) while forwarding a RTL MP4 iPad stream works fine for example. Is this a known player issue?

Forwarding nederland 1, nederland2 en nederland 3 and regular "uitzending gemist", Net5 and SBS6 (maybe counts for more or even all channels) doesn't work either. Cancelling the stream (back or red B button) sometimes doesn't work. In this case the stream just keeps playing. The forward slider remains visible then and the player doesn't react to any button anymore. Sometimes this even happens without any forwarding.

Channels nederland 1, nederland2 en nederland 3 and regular "uitzending gemist" work but always show real low quality streams. Is it possible by changing some setting to start another - higher resolution - version of these streams? Like silverlight looks way better than windows media player on the web when picking the same episode from the uitzending gemist site. I know the limitations of the xbox but it is capable of showing much better quality streams.

iRTL4,5 and 7 works fine. No issues with these iPad streams.

Trying to get to watch any MTV series is incredibly slow..it takes ages to get the icon with each episode to show and during that the operation can't be cancelled.

Comedy Central stream in Nl.TV overig is actually TMF.

The Southpark channel doesnt work. I can select episodes but they don't play. Is this a known issue? And Season 1 tells me: No Files.

De Lama's : "No Files" after entering its sub folders.

If i start 123video.nl i get a black screen with selectable numbers 2 and 3 to the right and that's it. Nothing happens and I cannot escape this screen anymore and I have to soft reset the xbox.

MSDN channel 9 black screens too. Same thing. Soft reset.

MyVideo.nl doesn't show any video entries at all.

-- General issues: --

Sometimes pressing the red B button to cancel playing an epside locks up the whole xbox. Hard reset is needed.

Sometimes the script locks up the xbox when fast scrolling with the xbox triggers through the episodes. Hard reset necessary.

Often the script locks up my xbox when exiting the script. I get a spinning "working please wait circle" and that's it. I have to hard reset my box after that.

What also can happen after exiting the script it that it sometimes remains in (running) state. Pressing it again changes that to (stopping) but that state doesn't seem to change anymore and it can't be run again without reset.

Thanks in advance for answering any of these questions.

Any solutions/fixes/workarounds would be much appreciated.

BTW I DO love the script very much..thats why i took the effort to write everything down ;-)
morgoth123 Wrote:I have some problems with the latest UZG version 3.2.8 installed on my newly installed xbmc4xbox 3.0.1 .

First I could't get the script to run because it expects a folder called "XOT-Uzg.v3" in Q:\UserData\plugin_data\video\ which appearantly is not created when running the script. After creating that folder myself the script continues to run without failing to start. Looks like some kind of bug.
That indeed was a bug. Will be fixed in the next version. A workaround is to open the settings dialog before running the script.
morgoth123 Wrote:Second when I use plugin version and I try to play Apple Movie trailers they don't work (one time trying even fully locked up my xbox). Exactly the same trailers DO work when i run the script and select them from there.

Could be. Please create a issue for this on the XOT google code page.
morgoth123 Wrote:The same goes for many other channels when selected from plugins (I didn't check them all there). Often nothing happens or I get "Playback failed".

I also noticed that somehow in several channels #4 duplicates are shown for a "Play item". They all appear the same but won't play.

This is a very generic message. Could be an incompatible stream or some other problem. The duplicate items are not duplicates. Some channels have multi stream videos, so those are the different parts.
morgoth123 Wrote:The questions below refer to the script version (I didn't try these things for the plugin yet).

Sometimes (not always) I get "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.". How can I check any log file in the first place? There seems to be a seperate log file for both plugin and script? Where can I find those?
there is a uzg.log and uzgplugin.log in the main script folder.
morgoth123 Wrote:-- Specific channel issues (script version): --

Forwarding when watching an episode in "Beta uitzending gemist" basically locks up the xbox (video and sound both crash and can't be cancelled anymore) while forwarding a RTL MP4 iPad stream works fine for example. Is this a known player issue?

Forwarding nederland 1, nederland2 en nederland 3 and regular "uitzending gemist", Net5 and SBS6 (maybe counts for more or even all channels) doesn't work either. Cancelling the stream (back or red B button) sometimes doesn't work. In this case the stream just keeps playing. The forward slider remains visible then and the player doesn't react to any button anymore. Sometimes this even happens without any forwarding.

In XBMC you cannot fast forward streams. It is not supported. It does sometimes work by accident.
morgoth123 Wrote:Channels nederland 1, nederland2 en nederland 3 and regular "uitzending gemist" work but always show real low quality streams. Is it possible by changing some setting to start another - higher resolution - version of these streams? Like silverlight looks way better than windows media player on the web when picking the same episode from the uitzending gemist site. I know the limitations of the xbox but it is capable of showing much better quality .

Use the settings and change the maximum bitrate. It is not supported by all channels.
morgoth123 Wrote:iRTL4,5 and 7 works fine. No issues with these iPad streams.

Trying to get to watch any MTV series is incredibly slow..it takes ages to get the icon with each episode to show and during that the operation can't be cancelled.

Comedy Central stream in Nl.TV overig is actually TMF.

The Southpark channel doesnt work. I can select episodes but they don't play. Is this a known issue? And Season 1 tells me: No Files.

De Lama's : "No Files" after entering its sub folders.
Slow websites result in slow updates and a slow XOT. Some channels are a bit outdated. If nobody complains I don't notice.
Quote:If i start 123video.nl i get a black screen with selectable numbers 2 and 3 to the right and that's it. Nothing happens and I cannot escape this screen anymore and I have to soft reset the xbox.

MSDN channel 9 black screens too. Same thing. Soft reset.

MyVideo.nl doesn't show any video entries at all.

-- General issues: --

Sometimes pressing the red B button to cancel playing an epside locks up the whole xbox. Hard reset is needed.

Sometimes the script locks up the xbox when fast scrolling with the xbox triggers through the episodes. Hard reset necessary.

Often the script locks up my xbox when exiting the script. I get a spinning "working please wait circle" and that's it. I have to hard reset my box after that.

What also can happen after exiting the script it that it sometimes remains in (running) state. Pressing it again changes that to (stopping) but that state doesn't seem to change anymore and it can't be run again without reset.

Thanks in advance for answering any of these questions.

Any solutions/fixes/workarounds would be much appreciated.

BTW I DO love the script very much..thats why i took the effort to write everything down ;-)

The stable XBMC is not that stable. There are a lot of memory issues and skinning issues. Try the most recent nightly. It solves the black screens. Also use a simple skin (not Confluence) as a simple skin uses less memory. Running out of memory freezes XBMC or stops a playback.

Sorry for the short answers but I only have mobile internet at the moment.
morgoth123 Wrote:Second when i use the plugin version and I try to play Apple Movie trailers they don't work (one time trying even fully locked up my xbox). Exactly the same trailers DO work when i run the script and select them from there.

I fixed the bug that caused Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) to not work correctly. It will be in the next release.
Hi Basje,

Thanks a lot for replying to my post and fixing the Apple bug.
Will it be possible to fix the channels that I reported dont work at all atm?

"Comedy Central stream in Nl.TV overig is actually TMF.

De Lama's : "No Files" after entering its sub folders."

Especially SouthPark I would really love to see fully working.

I checked the uzg.log and found lots of these entries (I left out the duplicates):

20110718 12:28:24 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=7). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:36 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=4). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:38 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=3). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=112). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=111). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=0). Do not know what to do
morgoth123 Wrote:Hi Basje,

Thanks a lot for replying to my post and fixing the Apple bug.
Will it be possible to fix the channels that I reported dont work at all atm?

"Comedy Central stream in Nl.TV overig is actually TMF.

De Lama's : "No Files" after entering its sub folders."

Especially SouthPark I would really love to see fully working.

I checked the uzg.log and found lots of these entries (I left out the duplicates):

20110718 12:28:24 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=7). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:36 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=4). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:38 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=3). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=112). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=111). Do not know what to do
20110718 12:28:43 - [26 MB] CRITICAL - progwindow.py - 197 - OnAction::unknow action (id=0). Do not know what to do
These error are just for logging and are not a real issue.

The soutpark channel does give me episodes in Season 01, so that I can't reproduce. But even with episodes, it will not playback due to a old RTMPLib in XBMC4Xbox. They (as in the XBMC4Xbox team) did include a new version in their very recent nightly builds, so that should fix that issue and Soutpark should work (I did not have time to get the latest nightly build to verify this).

The lama's channel is probably outdated so I will have to see if it can be fixed.

EDIT: I fixed the Lama channel. Will try to release it soon.
Is there anyone else who has a problem with playing video's from the veronica, SBS and Net5 streams (dutch)? Because I can't get anything from those channels to play. They do play on a separate computer on the same network. I'm running Xbmc live and Xot-uzg 3.2.8. The issue is the same for the program and the script. Do I somehow need to install Moonlight on XBMC?

logs:
uzg.log: http://pastebin.com/0gAt34WM
uzg.old.log: http://pastebin.com/1p04b4ZV
uzgPlugin.log: http://pastebin.com/Yk4dEbjA
uzgPlugin.old.log: http://pastebin.com/mF4NJTNX
martijn1985 Wrote:Is there anyone else who has a problem with playing video's from the veronica, SBS and Net5 streams (dutch)? Because I can't get anything from those channels to play. They do play on a separate computer on the same network. I'm running Xbmc live and Xot-uzg 3.2.8. The issue is the same for the program and the script. Do I somehow need to install Moonlight on XBMC?

logs:
uzg.log: http://pastebin.com/0gAt34WM
uzg.old.log: http://pastebin.com/1p04b4ZV
uzgPlugin.log: http://pastebin.com/Yk4dEbjA
uzgPlugin.old.log: http://pastebin.com/mF4NJTNX
Did you compile libmms-0.6 for XBMC? These streams use WMV (check the logs, you see they are .wmv files) codecs and the libmms in XBMC under Linux cannot handle all formats.
Does anyone found a solution how to get Swedish TV4 to work? It has been broken now for several months, and I haven’t yet found a solution how to get the stream to work.
Basje Wrote:Did you compile libmms-0.6 for XBMC? These streams use WMV (check the logs, you see they are .wmv files) codecs and the libmms in XBMC under Linux cannot handle all formats.

This fixed it, thank you very much.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7