15.2 Mangled My Music!
I've tried to post a reply several times. Not sure why it doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm an idiot for trying the slide blade rather than the content menu. Everything worked perfectly and I now have my library back to working properly. Thanks for the assistance!

One more questions. The update still is ignoring the artist.nfo files for those albums not in the scraper database. Is there a way to force it? I don't have many, and it doesn't stop me from playing the music, but it's annoying.
(2016-01-16, 08:16)hurricane51 Wrote: One more questions. The update still is ignoring the artist.nfo files for those albums not in the scraper database. Is there a way to force it? I don't have many, and it doesn't stop me from playing the music, but it's annoying.

Honestly I'm not an NFO/scraping expert, I don't use them personally, but I would think it has something to do with scraper settings. Kodi does just pick up NFO because they exist, you have to set local as the scraper source. Now you should be able to do that for just the album/folders that you want, but I would not like to swear by it!

Experiment if you feel brave, all items on the context menu Smile
Yeah, well the problem has another side. I just added a new artist with three albums. The scraper does not find the albums. I changed scrapers to no avail. The artist is a popular one and the albums all are included in TheAudioDB.com library. I tried Update Library, Query info for all artists, adding and deleting the files, plus cleaning the libraries. No joy.

I would gladly go back to 15.1 but on my test machine it crashes as soon as I click Scan items.

I'm going to drop this for a time. I'm too frustrated to deal with it.
(2016-01-17, 08:01)hurricane51 Wrote: Yeah, well the problem has another side. I just added a new artist with three albums. The scraper does not find the albums. I changed scrapers to no avail. The artist is a popular one and the albums all are included in TheAudioDB.com library. I tried Update Library, Query info for all artists, adding and deleting the files, plus cleaning the libraries. No joy.

I would gladly go back to 15.1 but on my test machine it crashes as soon as I click Scan items.

I'm going to drop this for a time. I'm too frustrated to deal with it.

Sorry for your frustration. However I do wonder if you simply didn't try going to the albums list and then "Query info for all albums" from the context menu. Artists and album info is scraped separately.

The other question would be how are these albums tagged?
Yeah, I tried that. It doesn't discover the albums I added. I tried adding a few more, but no luck.

All the albums are meticulously tagged.
I understand you are fed up with this, but I am a bit mystified and would like to know what is happening. I can't repeat it myself, and I can't fix what I can't repeat.

If you look at the album info for one of them and click on refresh then does it find it? I know you don't want to do that every time, but I just want to be sure it is an issue with query all, and not just the scraper. Do they have NFO files? What is the scraper setting for that information source (again on the context menu click to change and see what it is set to).
Note that NFO files should always take precedence over online data, so there should be no need to set local only as the scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15.2 Mangled My Music!0