• 6(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-01-20, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 00:13)hdmkv Wrote: With GPL, they seem to have selectively complied, but they're not being upfront or transparent. They probably can't afford to w/o giving away their secrets....
No No No!
With GPL you never selectively comply. Its either 100% compliance or your permanently labelled as a GPL Violator.

Mum's to be are never "just a bit" pregnant.

I find any discussion of VidOn and their products personally offensive on a Kodi forum, its giving them too much oxygen and exposure.
Continual ongoing discussion shows no respect whatsoever to the volunteer Kodi devs who's code VidOn are selling for profit.
Its frankly disgusting Sad

I agree with the stance on not supporting these boxes that violate GPL but not allowing anyone to talk about them is a bit too much.. Mentioning this site will not supply any help or support to these boxes for this reason is probably the best thing to do. Not allowing the name posted will just push away users when a better thing to do is educate..

Yes I agree with what you are saying, but you and I know a lot of Newbs do not care in the slightest about GPL or where there devices come from or who writes the Code. They don't care in the slightest about being educated either.

All they want is a cheap as possible device that does everything they are looking for, even if it comes with Banned Addons and Pirate stuff. Continually discussing VidOn boxes for whatever reason actually gives them far more exposure than they actually deserve. hdmkv has already reviewed the device in question to death, that is where discussion should actually end IMHO.

(2016-01-20, 05:08)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 00:13)hdmkv Wrote: With GPL, they seem to have selectively complied, but they're not being upfront or transparent. They probably can't afford to w/o giving away their secrets....
No No No!
With GPL you never selectively comply. Its either 100% compliance or your permanently labelled as a GPL Violator.

I find any discussion of VidOn and their products personally offensive on a Kodi forum, its giving them too much oxygen and exposure.
Continual ongoing discussion shows no respect whatsoever to the volunteer Kodi devs who's code VidOn are selling for profit.

I agree with the stance on not supporting these boxes that violate GPL but not allowing anyone to talk about them is a bit too much.. Mentioning this site will not supply any help or support to these boxes for this reason is probably the best thing to do. Not allowing the name posted will just push away users when a better thing to do is educate..

Theres no difference, This site doesn't give help to anyone, people who use this site do, and you cant very well tell someone they cant help someone else if they want to because they chose a specific device, so until its stated in the rules and enforced by some sort of forum moderator, i dont think any old user should be speaking on behalf of the site or the Kodi foundation on any matters anywhere or in any thread.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-20, 06:18)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 05:08)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: No No No!

Theres no difference, This site doesn't give help to anyone, people who use this site do, and you cant very well tell someone they cant help someone else if they want to because they chose a specific device, so until its stated in the rules and enforced by some sort of forum moderator, i dont think any old user should be speaking on behalf of the site or the Kodi foundation on any matters anywhere or in any thread.

I agree it does need to be addressed.

Yep agreed totally, this outstanding VidOn matter certainly needs to be addressed by the XBMC / Kodi Foundation itself.

I would even go so far as to suggest the Kodi Banned Addons List of Rules and the Wiki be expended to included blatant GPL violation software like VidOn's XBMC.
Have it written in black and white, so everyone knows what the GPL rule is and that then makes life easier for users and Moderators to address the problem head on and serves as a very important reminder to XBMC / Kodi developers to make sure they are abide by the GPL Rules if they are distributing modified code.

@wrxtasy, I agree there's no such thing as partial/selective compliance. What I was trying to say was that's what they've done... maybe throw a bone & hope whatever. Should Kodi foundation/team decide we not discuss VidOn similar to not discussing banned add-ons, that makes it clear for all of us. It's a little tricky as sponsor Minix is still partnering with VidOn, even if they don't advertise VidOn directly anymore in their forum.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Interesting link you posted there particularly what was written underneath regarding shipping ‘unauthorized’ Kodi.

Yes it is tricky, but there is a bigger problem than that.

The problem is how can you hope to convince developers to the Kodi platform to write and share free GPL code if the Kodi Foundation does not even follow some rock solid Open Source Rules and make a ruling when developers XBMC / Kodi code is being distributed illegally by VidOn.

I've spoken to a few developers and they are not at all happy with what VidOn is getting away with. Why would you want to give your time freely to the Kodi project when your own code can then be sold for profit illegally by VidOn or some other party and no apparent action taken on your very own forums ?

I think is time someone in the hierarchy Kodi Foundation to speak up on this matter,this is been going on way too long
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The developer on the AMLinux site has just released a new RC1 build of KODI on OpenElec for the MiniMX. This now allows the core DTS 5.1 audio to be passed through on DTS-HD MA tracks. Previously no sound would play on DTS-HD MA at all. This means all audio tracks I have tested now work/pass through correctly, uncluding TrueHD, with the exception of DTS-HD which only passes the core DTS 5.1 signal.

I also found why the first 4K test video didn't play too. It is because I only downloaded a quarter of the file... ?
Hmm, I'm still seeing the previous Jan 09, 2016 build there. Got a link? Thanks.
My HT
(2016-01-21, 02:30)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I'm still seeing the previous Jan 09, 2016 build there. Got a link? Thanks.
My Mini mx should be showing up tomorrow,

the jan 20th build got posted here.

http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/

u also need to disable auto refresh rate switching for the time being, either stick with 60hz or 24hz in the video settings for now unfortunately.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-21, 02:30)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I'm still seeing the previous Jan 09, 2016 build there. Got a link? Thanks.

It is on the 5th page in Alex's post. 3 versions. Full install, full update from recovery & update via update folder.
Thank you both; will test tomorrow.
My HT
Are these S905 manufactures waiting on AMLOGIC to fix the 3D bug?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Is it up to AML now? ... maybe, as they all (except VidOn on S95) do HOU/TAB output.
My HT
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6