• 74(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Sadly I bought the Yoka KB2 S912 Android Box.
Is there a chance to get 3D MVC to work?

It always plays my 3D.iso Files as 2D without asking me,... Confused
(2017-03-29, 19:45)eriche Wrote: Sadly I bought the Yoka KB2 S912 Android Box.

I don't believe any AMLogic device plays 3D isos as Frame Packed full resolution. There is some support on the S905 for Half-resolution replay - but I don't know how popular it is. For full 3D MVC replayed Frame Packed in Kodi you probably need a Pi or Intel+Windows?
Yes I know - my Pi 3 is playing iso 3D mvc

But I always was hoping to get a faster hardware android based.
Didn`t know that the Firmware is crappy and doesn`t even support pass through audio per default,... Rolleyes
(2017-03-29, 20:33)noggin Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 19:45)eriche Wrote: Sadly I bought the Yoka KB2 S912 Android Box.

I don't believe any AMLogic device plays 3D isos as Frame Packed full resolution. There is some support on the S905 for Half-resolution replay - but I don't know how popular it is. For full 3D MVC replayed Frame Packed in Kodi you probably need a Pi or Intel+Windows?
Supplement: The Half-resolution support is only given on some Jarvis builds, i.e. Kodi 16.x (e.g. LibreELEC 7.xx). Since Krypton there is no way to get MVC support, that I am aware of.
Agreed...

Forget about even Half Resolution 3D - MVC or .ISO support with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic.

No AML LibreELEC developer has shown any enthusiasm for 3D with AML, even for the upcoming Kodi Leia v18.

There has however been a lot of interest shown in Kodi Leia and adding 1080p DRM support . Wink

Note I put this on th Libreelec forum but no response so far;

I need a box to read 720/1080 AVI, MKV etc attached on multiple drives (5 x 4 tb, USB hub powered). Had a Xiaomi Mi Box but only reads 2 of the drives due Android limitations and because of the inability to get to the root can't use stickmount etc.

So Libreelec here we come (as it will see all the drives). Trawling the forums it seems the best sub player is $100 is Beelink mini mxiii ii versus Mini m8s ii.

Unsure which one although perhaps the Beelink for no scientific reason. Is there a definitive guide between the two? Advantages/disadvantages.
My scishion v88 has 4 usb ports and runs libreelec just fine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-05, 22:45)nickr Wrote: My scishion v88 has 4 usb ports and runs libreelec just fine.

Want either of these due to availability;

Beelink mini mxiii ii versus Mini m8s ii

If anyone has advice on the best (with 5 HDDs & Libreelec) would be appreciated.
My attempts at Googling turned up this: http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/p...tml?wid=21. Only differences I found were larger ROM for the mini mx iii ii and wireless AC. Also more expensive. Fwiw, I'd recommend the mx iii ii, simply because it's the one I've got and I know it works. Wifi works well for me (not all wifi chipsets work in LibreElec) as does Bluetooth (ditto).

Edit: Only two usb ports on the mx iii ii. From the pics of the m8s, I'd say the same.
(2017-06-05, 22:45)nickr Wrote: My scishion v88 has 4 usb ports and runs libreelec just fine.

Wow. Cheap. I thought Rockchip were pretty much no-go with Kodi?
(2017-06-06, 09:47)dWooluf Wrote:

Wow. Cheap. I thought Rockchip were pretty much no-go with Kodi?
And you're correct. Stick 'scishion v88 amlogic' in the google thing and you'll get an S905X box. Wink
I believe @nickr is talking about the AMLogic S905X - SCISHION V88 Pro

@JCreeny - the reason numerous users are not putting their hands up and recommending specifically name, cheap Chinese AML S905(x) boxes is because the internal Hardware can be a bit different - even between the exact same named boxes.

For example - WiFi chips change regularly and sometimes there are not even any Linux WiFi / BT drivers available for LibreELEC use.
You have to be careful as well as some S905 boxes only come with 100M Ethernet - not the preferred Gigabit.
HDMI CEC is not all the same due to differing quality manufacturer u-boot code.

Well known - Brand named AMLogic boxes like the WeTek's, MINIX, Vero etc do come with all the same internal hardware components in every box sold.

(2017-06-06, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe @nickr is talking about the AMLogic S905X - SCISHION V88 Pro

@JCreeny - the reason numerous users are not putting their hands up and recommending specifically name, cheap Chinese AML S905(x) boxes is because the internal Hardware can be a bit different - even between the exact same named boxes.

For example - WiFi chips change regularly and sometimes there are not even any Linux WiFi / BT drivers available for LibreELEC use.
You have to be careful as well as some S905 boxes only come with 100M Ethernet - not the preferred Gigabit.
HDMI CEC is not all the same due to differing quality manufacturer u-boot code.

Well known - Brand named AMLogic boxes like the WeTek's, MINIX, Vero etc do come with all the same internal hardware components in every box sold.

Thanks all, will go for the Beelink as it works for dWooluf. 100 MB OK, hopefully Wifi OK. (scishion v88 only has 1 GB although 4 xUSB impressive)

The named brands are at least 2x costlier. At this stage just experimenting and replacing the always reliable WD TV Live to play local content, Some of the Kodi addons may be fun as well.
I do not want to make you change your mind, but an oDroid C2 would be just as good. You want it to be as cheap as possible?
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2017-06-06, 16:47)tmihai20 Wrote: I do not want to make you change your mind, but an oDroid C2 would be just as good. You want it to be as cheap as possible?

Open to all advice as you know better than me. The last few pages of this thread rave about the device.

I gather this is the baby;

http://auseparts.com.au/index.php?route=...uct_id=357

but you need to buy the Wifi module separately? This will leave 3 x USBs so will have to use a hub (powered) to fit all 5 drives. Any recommendations of cover (from same website, local)? Boot off UHS-1 SD.

Libreelec is meant to auto update, will have to read up on that and check the Odroid/Libreelec forum.

Anything else I need to know?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6