• 85(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
I have Mecool M8S PRO+ nad would like to access it over ssh and winscp. I have installed sshdroid. I can connect ti it but have no permissions to edit the config files under .kodi folder.
Is there a posibility to edit files on those devices over ssh?

Update:
OK it works now.
What was the issue ?
Hi.
If someone want Mecool M8S PRO+ there you can get it for 26€ https://www.banggood.com/Mecool-M8S-PRO-...64115.html
For S905(x) LE / Android - dual boot devices this would be the best DIY mod I have seen in quite a while. Smile

You store all LibreELEC Kodi Krypton data on fast internal eMMC storage for faster Artwork and movie cover retrieval and only boot from the slower microSDHC card:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

^yap that is nice mod Wink
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy the Mecool M8S+ pro equipped with the Arm S905x.
Probably I'll install libreelec in the NAND, since I don't need Android.
I have a couple of question for you.
1) Is the HD pass through available for any sources? (DTS, DTS-MA, etc.)
2) Are the 24bit/192kHz files (for instance Flac) supported or are dithered to 16bit?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
(2017-08-21, 12:36)wrxtasy Wrote: LE runs entirely from a micro SDHC card. Internal Android is untouched when using a Dual Boot configuration. Yes LE boots up every time you reboot if the microSDHC card is inserted. From the LE Kodi Power Menu you select "Reboot to Internal" for an Android reboot.

I ordered a MeCool M8S Pro Plus a week ago (that I haven't received yet) and, after reading some information, it isn't clear to me is you have to press to reset button every time I want to boot LE or not:

Quote:Insert SD card, Hold in Reset button as show in this Post while you power up the MECOOL, wait till LibreELEC Logo appears and release button.

I'll install the AndroidTV rom and want to use LE, but that's the bit of information I'm not sure of.
Create image on microsd card, insert into device, reboot holding in the reset button.

That is the only time you need to hold in the reset button.

So every time you switch on the device with the card in, it will boot libreelec. If you want android, take out the microsd card.

However, you can create a "button" on kodi (libreelec) which can reboot to internal. (android)

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5848-8...?pageNo=35
Thanks for detailed info Smile
Actually, once you run LibreELEC, switching to Android is an option in the shut down menu. You can switch back to LibreELEC by shutting down the box and restarting, which cause the box to boot in LibreELEC, with the option to switch to Android.
@ksaq LibreELEC images....to reboot into internal Android...

LibreELEC Kodi Power Menu > "Reboot from Internal" Wink

(2017-09-07, 15:08)Kova Wrote: Hi all,

I'm planning to buy the Mecool M8S+ pro equipped with the Arm S905x.
Probably I'll install libreelec in the NAND, since I don't need Android.
I have a couple of question for you.
1) Is the HD pass through available for any sources? (DTS, DTS-MA, etc.)
2) Are the 24bit/192kHz files (for instance Flac) supported or are dithered to 16bit?

Thank you in advance.
Regards

Pleeeese Rolleyes
1) Yes ALL HD audio passthrough is supported inc. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
2) FLAC to Multichannel PCM Audio is dithered to 16bit/192kHz

These S905(X) / S905D boxes running LibreELEC or OSMC pretty much handle any properly encoded content you want to throw at them with few restrictions Smile

(2017-08-16, 13:51)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-06-23, 23:09)clarkss12 Wrote: Trebor from Freaktab, posted about this (MECOOL M8S Pro+ TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 - UK PLUG + 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM BLACK) $46 Android box. Surprisingly, it says it does Netflix in HD with Dolby Digital, if true, it will be the first Chinese box that supports Netfix in HD.

Of course, there are bets if the advertising is based on alternative facts.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...02-11b-g-n
I got a bit intrigued by @clarkss12's posts about this rare MECOOL S905X device with Nougat 7.1.1 and proper Widevine L1 DRM and HDCP 1.x support in Firmware. So I picked up a 2GB/16GB model from Gearbest Geekbuying for USD$39 delivered and have been pleasantly surprised.

It's a completely clean cheap Android Box free of any Piracy Addon equipped Kodi. Kodi was not even installed.
Some sellers are finally learning it seems Wink

Gearbest Geekbuying do cheap fully tracked reasonably quick delivery. The M8S Pro+ came with a Oz compatible Power pack which is rare and even the Infra Red learning remote is pleasant to use - definitely better than all other Infra Red only remotes I've used on other AMLogic devices.

Yes as already confirmed, you get 1080p Netflix and Stan (for Ozzies) with 5.1 DD+ Audio (to my DD+ capable 4K TV) when used with the unofficial Android TV ROM. (How long this will last is anyones guess the way Netflix and cracking down on Android boxes lately.)

There is No ATV Kodi Krypton dynamic refresh switching like the easy Dual Boot WeTek ATV ROM's provide and there are some DPI scaling bugs that need fixing, plus Bluetooth does NOT work currently with this 3rd party ATV ROM (BT support is being worked on). ATV ROM is really easy to install using MECOOL's local update App.

No SPDIF/Optical port on this box either but it does have a working 3.5mm CVBS / Analog Audio jack.

DO NOT rely on this box for reliable Android only WiFi. Its pretty poor, being 2.4Ghz b/g/n only.

Advanced Motion Adaptive AMLogic Hardware deinterlacing works properly with TvHeadend & FTMC / SPMC 16.x (Kodi Jarvis).
I also have FTMC / SPMC dynamic refresh switching working as well with those two Apps(DIY required). Thats better than a (Beta) Nougat equipped Mi Box can do.

The icing on the cake of course is Dual boot LibreELEC Kodi Krypton where almost everything works apart from WiFi. Bluetooth can be added with a dirt cheap v4.0 CSR USB dongle plugged into the front left USB port.
I've also custom tweaked the IR remote config today for remote control - Long press / Short press - Pause/Resume/Stop video playback functionality, works really well.

The MECOOL M8S Pro+ tweaked remote.conf and dtb.img file I'm using for LibreELEC are found here:

http://wrxtasy.libreelec.tv/MECOOL/

In summary, yes MECOOL is an appropriate name considering the Dual boot value you get for $39 delivered. Smile

W.

HI, wrxtasy,

Where can I find a tutorial for installing the ATV rom, the remote files, and Libreelec on SDcard for dual booting?

Thanks.
MECOOL M8S Pro+

Click HERE for ATV ROM DIY install
- download OTA UPDATE.zip Save to USB Stick
- use inbuilt Android Update App and point it at OTA UPDATE.zip (remember to tick "Wipe Data" box)

Click HERE for LibreELEC DIY install

• 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6