• 90(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-10-23, 01:30)noggin Wrote: Suspect the purchasing company has to do some hoop-jumping to get Android TV release rights with suitable DRM?
That is no longer the case for cable and Pay TV set top box companies around the world.
There are now numerous Major Android TV Box manufacturers supplying Google certified Operator Tier Editions of Android TV boxes virtually off the shelf with as many bells and whistles as the target operator needs. The only thing that is customised is the Android TV mainscreen Launcher. Underneath its all Android TV.

Arris is one such example, as well as the Technicolor Skipper from France.

Expect to see Android TV cable and Pay TV set top boxes everywhere in the coming years because for operators these are now really easy and cheap to implement.

(2017-10-23, 09:29)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 01:30)noggin Wrote: Suspect the purchasing company has to do some hoop-jumping to get Android TV release rights with suitable DRM?
That is no longer the case for cable and Pay TV set top box companies around the world.
There are now numerous Major Android TV Box manufacturers supplying Google certified Operator Tier Editions of Android TV boxes virtually off the shelf with as many bells and whistles as the target operator needs. The only thing that is customised is the Android TV mainscreen Launcher. Underneath its all Android TV.

Arris is one such example, as well as the Technicolor Skipper from France.

Expect to see Android TV cable and Pay TV set top boxes everywhere in the coming years because for operators these are now really easy and cheap to implement.

Arris and Technicolor are both 'big players' in the STB market though who supply major OTT platform operators with their boxes.  Very different to no-name Chinese manufacturers surely?
Hi guys,

i bought a S905X box from aliexpress and installed libreelec on it. It came with its own remote, which works pretty much out of the box with kodi. Unfortunately, it does not have some specific buttons like play and stop. I actually do want to use my old universal remote, the logitech harmony 555.
So now i do have the problem, that i cant just add a kodi profile to that old harmony (there are non in the software from logitech), however i can of course learn commands via the new remote i just got. Problem is though, that this remote does not have buttons like play and stop etc. so i cant learn them via the harmony.

So i was thinking that i just use any premade profile on my harmony remote, and reprogramm Kodis commands. But i do not find any way to do that in the menu of kodi. I was also not able to find any addon for my remote in which i could relearn the buttons. (i previously had used a MCE remote without any problems on another system. I cant find this addon any more)

thanks in advance!
anyone?
(2017-11-01, 17:14)AttacktheCow Wrote: anyone?

first response from google.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/2754-g...c-devices/
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
from the libreelec forum, https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/2754-g...c-devices/  

basically, use a pivos remote conf file, copy it to your device, then select Pivos from the harmony databse
FYI, just received my Mecool M8S Pro L, that is supposed to have Widevine level 1 and HDCP protection.  It had Widevine Level 1, but the HDCP was unsupported.  Tried to play Netflix (supposed to play in HD), but would not play, then using the "DRM info" app, it showed the unsupported HDCP.  I guess the factory either forgot to include the HDCP keys, or else they no longer provide them.  I purchased this box from Gearbest, and their website shows that is plays Netflix in HD, but obviously, without the HDCP protection, Netflix will not play in HD.

I do have the Mecool M8S Pro PLUS and it does indeed play 1080P Netflix.
Was mulling getting the Mecool 'L', so thanks for your post. BTW, love your YouTube videos. I may wait for Vero 4K once MVC is supported or thinking of picking up a S905X or S912 to try, something that supports 4K@60, 10-bit, HDR & MVC (even if half-rez output).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-11-03, 00:17)hdmkv Wrote: Was mulling getting the Mecool 'L', so thanks for your post. BTW, love your YouTube videos. I may wait for Vero 4K once MVC is supported or thinking of picking up a S905X or S912 to try, something that supports 4K@60, 10-bit, HDR & MVC (even if half-rez output).

Thank you for the compliment about my videos.  I think, or at least hope, it is a fluke that VideoStrong just missed adding the security keys for the HDCP.  I already have a the Pro version without the Widevine level 1 or HDCP, but wanted this one for a particular purpose, and it had to have 1080P Netflix.  I also have the Pro PLUS version that does do Netflix in 1080p, but needed another one that does Netflix in HD.

Of course there are a couple of versions of 9.x LibreELEC that supports Netflix in 720P with DD+, that runs on almost any of these low cost Amlogic boxes.

You can't go wrong by purchasing one of these Amlogic boxes if all you need is LibreELEC.  And they make great tinker toys.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!, Mecool M8S Pro L did not have HDCP support out of the box.

Problem was me being a fool..........

Since this device was for my spare bedroom, that is where I set it up. TV is a year or two old, 36" LCD from Sceptre, and for whatever reason, it shows the HDCP unprotected. Ok, after checking that, I brought it into my main TV area and connected it to my main 65" Samsung 4k smart TV, via my 4 port, 4k HDMI switch. Same problem, HDCP unsupported....WOW, bad box.

Fast forward a couple of days, I was still tinkering with my Mecool M8S Pro PLUS with Netflix in HD, well Netflix stopped working, checked the DRMinfo app, and guess what, I lost the HDCP on this box. I could not figure out what I did to lose the HDCP on this box. On my setup, I have about 8 or 9 different Android boxes connected to my TV in different ways. So, I started testing different connections to my TV. Bang, when I connected my boxes directly to an input on my Denon AVR, the DRMinfo app shows the HDCP fully supported now, and Netflix plays in 1080P.

In summation, I owe Gearbest an apology,
More importantly, for anyone having a similar issue, try a different TV or connection to the TV. These boxes are finicky about the HDCP path.

Edit 2: The reason I purchased this box with Netflix was to use it in the spare bedroom, so, my granddaughter could watch Netflix when she is here. But, it is a bummer that It will not work on her TV (neither of my mecool boxes, that supports Netflix in HD). My Nexus Player, with Netflix will work on her TV, also, I took one of my older Amlogic S905 boxes and installed Kodi Liea beta, and that gives her Netflix in 720p, which will work.
(2017-11-06, 18:02)clarkss12 Wrote: PROBLEM SOLVED!!, Mecool M8S Pro L did not have HDCP support out of the box.

These boxes are finicky about the HDCP path.
Sounds like the problem is half-solved really. Speaking as someone with only one tv in the house, if it doesn't work on that tv it doesn't work!
(2017-11-07, 03:59)d\Wooluf Wrote:
(2017-11-06, 18:02)clarkss12 Wrote: PROBLEM SOLVED!!, Mecool M8S Pro L did not have HDCP support out of the box.

These boxes are finicky about the HDCP path.
Sounds like the problem is half-solved really. Speaking as someone with only one tv in the house, if it doesn't work on that tv it doesn't work!

Yes, you are absolutely correct.
Hi!
What's happening if a tv is old and not supported hdcp? Does M8SProL play hd netflix? 
Thanks
(2017-11-17, 14:16)pszab Wrote: Hi!
What's happening if a tv is old and not supported hdcp? Does M8SProL play hd netflix? 
Thanks
 Why do you think your old TV does NOT support HDCP?  From my experience, this box is finicky about how the HDCP (or lack of HDCP) is implemented.
(2017-11-17, 14:30)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 14:16)pszab Wrote: Hi!
Thanks
 Why do you think your old TV does NOT support HDCP?  From my experience, this box is finicky about how the HDCP (or lack of HDCP) is implemented. 
I have two devices s905x and s912 as well. drminfo says security=l3, hdcp level=unsupported, max hdcp level=1x on both.
The tv is a samsung 46b6000 from 2009. That's why i think but it can be wrong
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6