• 92(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Do all S9xxx boxes suffer from the stuttering when hardware decoding is enabled and subtitles appear or disappear from the screen? I have a Mecool M8S Pro L (S912 chip) which does that and I need to replace it with some other cheap box. Support for S912 seems to be too flaky because of Amlogic.
Same for all AMLogic S9xx boxes I'm afraid when running LE and very likely OSMC as well. It appears to be a bug in Krypton and may have been fixed in Kodi Leia. You would still have to check.

You will have to put up with it or enter Android Kodi Krypton land... Wink

But for S905X, there's Jarvis available, right? Is there any big changes between Jarvis and Krypton? I recall that there were some improvements in the PQ.

I did try the Leia alpha build but as far as I could tell, the problem still exists. Funny thing is that so many platforms suffer from it but still it seems to remain unfixed. I would have expected that there was enough information to pinpoint the actual issue.
So what’s a good amlogic box these days for libre elec, 4K/ hd audio/gigabit Ethernet/flash storage (I don’t like Emmc)/all other bells and whistles?

I read through this thread and see minix neo might be a good choice. But wanted to get expert opinion nonetheless.

Thx
Chromecasting has nothing to do with kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-01, 22:31)ozkhan1 Wrote: So what’s a good amlogic box these days for libre elec, 4K/ hd audio/gigabit Ethernet/flash storage (I don’t like Emmc)/all other bells and whistles?

I read through this thread and see minix neo might be a good choice. But wanted to get expert opinion nonetheless.

Thx

So we do not go about repeating ourselves, follow this link:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2677492

(2018-01-01, 14:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Same for all AMLogic S9xx boxes I'm afraid when running LE and very likely OSMC as well. It appears to be a bug in Krypton and may have been fixed in Kodi Leia. You would still have to check.

You will have to put up with it or enter Android Kodi Krypton land... Wink
 I'm not aware of this issue.
Can someone send me a Dropbox link and steps on how to reproduce? I  don't think we've had any reports of this in OSMC

Sam
Here's the ticket: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17656
hello, i am looking for an android box to install LibreELEC on as a standalone OS.  i currently use ASUS Chromebox but i am disappointed in the stuttering lately and wanted to try one of these boxes.  i just want to be told what one to get as i noticed a there are a bunch of manufactures making the same stuff and i don't know what is good. i am located in the US.  if you are supposed to help or don't want to advise that is fine. figured it was worth a shot, i am assuming i need a android box with either s905, s905x or s912? not sure what one is better, working wifi is key for my setup and i assume 2gb of ram.  3 might be over kill, and 8-16 gig nand or hd.

Thanks for your time
VideoStrong has done it again.  They were the first of the budget Chinese Android box manufactures to sell inexpensive Android boxes with Google Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 1.x.  Now they have added a Bluetooth voice remote for a reasonable price, for less than $77 USD.

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1592322.html?wid=21

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...-1-100mbps
Assume this means you can use w/Kodi, but under Android OS only? Strange only 10/100 LAN, and not gigabit as most S912 boxes seem to be.

Decided to try S912 again and ordered a $50 Tanix TX92 box off eBay. Hoping 10bit/HDR works better w/my new BenQ HT2550 PJ (on pre-order) vs. Epson 5040UB.
(2018-01-20, 18:33)hdmkv Wrote: Assume this means you can use w/Kodi, but under Android OS only? Strange only 10/100 LAN, and not gigabit as most S912 boxes seem to be.

Decided to try S912 again and ordered a $50 Tanix TX92 box off eBay. Hoping 10bit/HDR works better w/my new BenQ HT2550 PJ (on pre-order) vs. Epson 5040UB.
 Yes, I often wonder why it does not have gigabit Ethernet also, but for a main stream media player guess it is acceptable.  I would also "assume", the remote will work with LibreELEC.
(2018-01-20, 18:54)clarkss12 Wrote: I would also "assume", the remote will work with LibreELEC.
You assume too much. I doubt this Wireless remote will work at all with LibreELEC without some modding.

You need to use a Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite for dual boot Android / LE setups.
Otherwise a BT remote has to be re-paired each time you switch Operating Systems.

(2018-01-20, 19:10)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-01-20, 18:54)clarkss12 Wrote: I would also "assume", the remote will work with LibreELEC.
You assume too much. I doubt this Wireless remote will work at all with LibreELEC without some modding.

You need to use a Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite for dual boot Android / LE setups.
Otherwise a BT remote has to be re-paired each time you switch Operating Systems. 
I stand corrected, been awhile since I used my Mecool M8S Pro, it runs LibreELEC and my tvheadend server, so it just sits on my network as my DVR backend.  I just tested it, and my Xiaomi Bluetooth remote does NOT work.  Old age, I guess, I thought my Bluetooth remote worked with it.
Regarding 4K HDR content: does an S9XX box make a proper conversion with LibreELEC if the display is a FullHD non-HDR one? The max supported HDMI version of both the A/V receiver and TV is 1.4.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6