Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-01-11, 10:43)wesk05 Wrote: Dr. Banks study used stereoscopic visual acuity charts. Whereas, Dr. Soneira's study used the blu-ray of IMAX: Space Station 3D. The study checked the sharpness and resolution of small texts that are present throughout the documentary. I think we can use the same methodology to differentiate between FHD3D and TAB/SBS 3D output. Although Dr. Soneira's study found that passive 3D displays produced sharper text, I didn't get that same result on my passive 3D Sony TV. I found the texts to be sharper and more easier to read on my active 3D TVs/projector.

Do you have a 1080p or a 2160p Sony TV?

I assume the 1080p to 540p downconversion for each eye - which will be done in the TV (if the source presented is HSBS or Frame Packed 1080p or 720p, but probably not if HTAB 1080p) - can impact on this, as downconversion of TV signals is actually quite tricky to get right (it's more difficult than up conversion in some cases) This is because you want to retain as much vertical information as possible BUT avoid aliasing. This will mean different approaches will deliver differing levels of vertical resolution on a TV-by-TV basis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tale of Two Budget AML S905 Boxes (Beelink Mini MX & Tronsmart S95 Pro) - by noggin - 2016-01-11, 11:41
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6