• 13(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Realized I installed OpenELEC build, so need the Android image to get back to Android OS. I see the last firmware posted @ Freaktab, but which to create image with? The full or the SD card one? I figured do this first, then use OTA update from there.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-30, 01:01)hdmkv Wrote: Realized I installed OpenELEC build, so need the Android image to get back to Android OS. I see the last firmware posted @ Freaktab, but which to create image with? The full or the SD card one? I figured do this first, then use OTA update from there.

i used the sd card version to go back(s905_104L1_sdcard.zip). afaik you will need to use amlogic USB burn tool to flash the .img file, its mostly used only to unbrick the box, you should use the recovery update files whenever possible unzip it onto an sd card or usb(factory_update_param.xml, p200blabla.zip recovery.img)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Ill just leave this here.. Big Grin

Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Nice! Me want to try, so details please! Big Grin ... is this all in the latest Mini MX S905_105L1 firmware? If not, how to get the Android TV launcher? Which Kodi build is this? Looks like it's using the AML player w/Kodi videoplayer wrapper around it?

Only issue I see from video is slow loading...
- Over 50 seconds to boot to Android UI
- About 47 seconds for ISO playlist menu to show up after 3D ISO is selected

...and that MVC render is going to remain half-rez as with all AML.
My HT
(2016-02-03, 17:13)hdmkv Wrote: Nice! Me want to try, so details please! Big Grin ... is this all in the latest Mini MX S905_105L1 firmware? If not, how to get the Android TV launcher? Which Kodi build is this? Looks like it's using the AML player w/Kodi videoplayer wrapper around it?

Only issue I see from video is slow loading...
- Over 50 seconds to boot to Android UI
- About 47 seconds for ISO playlist menu to show up after 3D ISO is selected

...and that MVC render is going to remain half-rez as with all AML.

No that's full frame packed 3d

Not sure why some of my iso files always take that long to load.. I thought it was some encryption or something, some load instantly too(notice it was only the walk that took a while) this is the same on all my devices. Androids taking forever to boot because I have a bunch of stuff loading when it starts.. Scripts, xposed etc etc. None of it needed for kodi playback.
Leanback launcher I just sideloaded. Android TV stock apks I downloaded from Web
The kodi build is koyings master branch built by another forum member. So really the kodi team deserves all the credit and trigu75 for compiling it for me cause I'm a newb.

Ill share it if it's OK to do so.. It is right?
Would like to try the Kodi version on my ZiDoo X5
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-02-03, 17:25)dukester Wrote: The kodi build is koyings master branch built by another forum member. So really the kodi team deserves all the credit and trigu75 for compiling it for me cause I'm a newb.

I don't see why not... there are custom builds floating around for WeTek Core, Minix, etc.

Re: framepacking output, pretty certain Koying explained that AML can't do full render of MVC 3D. It can decode it fine, just not output it full.
My HT
(2016-02-03, 17:49)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 17:25)dukester Wrote: The kodi build is koyings master branch built by another forum member. So really the kodi team deserves all the credit and trigu75 for compiling it for me cause I'm a newb.

I don't see why not... there are custom builds floating around for WeTek Core, Minix, etc.

Re: framepacking output, pretty certain Koying explained that AML can't do full render of MVC 3D. It can decode it fine, just not output it full.

Ok I'll be home in 10 and I'll re-upload it so I'm not sharing trigu75 Dropbox, and it's outputting frame packed for me for sure or I wouldn't have bothered posting. If u don't believe test for yourself Big Grin
(2016-02-03, 17:49)hdmkv Wrote: Re: framepacking output, pretty certain Koying explained that AML can't do full render of MVC 3D. It can decode it fine, just not output it full.
Yep. If this is really framepacking, I'd like see the sources Wink
Or is it done in firmware? If so, which FW is that?
Here she be.

https://mega.nz/#!otQRnLLb!FJ8zoGxmfZleh...FXUyTVzhZA

passthru isn't working for me on any kodi version, hasn't since this 105L update on the MINIMX but im only trying with HDMI output and i haven't done much testing, i have it set to disable in KODI currently, to get frame packed i had to set Video settings 3d Mode to Preferred and then under system > video output i had to set that 3d setting to Top and Bottom for the everything to work correctly, dont be fooled tho, its outputting frame packed( i think its a setting that has to do with the GUI)

Happy testing.
(2016-02-03, 18:14)Koying Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 17:49)hdmkv Wrote: Re: framepacking output, pretty certain Koying explained that AML can't do full render of MVC 3D. It can decode it fine, just not output it full.
Yep. If this is really framepacking, I'd like see the sources Wink
Or is it done in firmware? If so, which FW is that?

well its fooling my TV into thinking its frame packed at the minimum.
@dukester, thanks for posting, but what's the decryption key to unlock download?
My HT
Not that difficult to see on AML, actually. The scaling of the eyes in Half SBS/TAB is low-quality, I can clearly see artefacts.
(2016-02-03, 18:28)hdmkv Wrote: @dukester, thanks for posting, but what's the decryption key to unlock download?

modifed the link in the other post too.( dont upload files much)

https://mega.nz/#!otQRnLLb!FJ8zoGxmfZleh...FXUyTVzhZA
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6